Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Chicago / ORD Flagship Lounge - Any confirmed opening?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chicago / ORD Flagship Lounge - Any confirmed opening?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2022, 4:41 am

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by bakrgby
you must look like a traveler more than me, I talked to them and got the basic “some time in spring”
maybe it’s the accent?! 🙂
Old Apr 12, 2022, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Let's keep this thread and hope alive, I have a flight via ORD towards end of April...

All the other flagships are open already, only ORD is left, c'mon...
VaBeachGirl likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 9:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by nk15
Let's keep this thread and hope alive, I have a flight via ORD towards end of April...

All the other flagships are open already, only ORD is left, c'mon...
The thread doesn't need to be "kept alive" The FL will either re-open or it won't, irrespective of when your flight is. "Hope" doesn't play into FL re-opening dates. When it re-opens you can be assured someone will report it here.

Regards
Old Apr 12, 2022, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I respectfully disagree and I am requesting FT prayers for the swift re-opening of the ORD flagship lounge. We don't believe in science or reason in much the US, only the power of hope, prayer, and manifesting desirable things in our lives...
njvandy likes this.

Last edited by nk15; Apr 12, 2022 at 9:26 am
Old Apr 12, 2022, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nk15
I respectfully disagree and I am requesting FT prayers for the swift re-opening of the ORD flagship lounge. We don't believe in science or reason in much the US, only the power of hope, prayer, and manifesting desirable things in our lives...
I was there yesterday and the AC agent said they'd be surprised if it actually opened in April or even May. But, they said they were instructed to say to all customers that it will be opening "soon."
Old Apr 12, 2022, 9:41 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
April 21st is the official date.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That was quick, we did it, thank you all for your payers and manifesting this, good job everyone…!

Last edited by nk15; Apr 13, 2022 at 9:57 am
Old Apr 13, 2022, 7:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by AAL1
I was there yesterday and the AC agent said they'd be surprised if it actually opened in April or even May. But, they said they were instructed to say to all customers that it will be opening "soon."
LOL... well, this post didn't age well...

Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently
Regards
Old Apr 13, 2022, 11:05 am

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
Could still be delayed yet again....
Old Apr 13, 2022, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by scubadu
LOL... well, this post didn't age well...

Regards
Oh believe me, I'd be thrilled to be wrong on this one! Let's see if they delay again or if it goes live!
Old Apr 14, 2022, 4:46 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Hi!

Will I be eligible for ORD FL access with BA Gold/OW Emerald while flying ORD-MSP on American Eagle? The flight was initially a mainline flight but the schedule changed a month or so back and it was switched to an A Eagle flight.
On AA.com it says access it granted to OW Sapphire or Emerald “on any American Airlines marketed or operated flight, or any Oneworld airline”, but I’m not sure whether they differentiate between mainline and regional when it comes to lounge access.

Thanks! ☺️
Old Apr 14, 2022, 5:35 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
UA ORD Polaris Lounge has been open for a while. I would think AA would want to be competitive with UA's offering.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by BrettG2909
Will I be eligible for ORD FL access with BA Gold/OW Emerald while flying ORD-MSP on American Eagle? The flight was initially a mainline flight but the schedule changed a month or so back and it was switched to an A Eagle flight.
On AA.com it says access it granted to OW Sapphire or Emerald “on any American Airlines marketed or operated flight, or any Oneworld airline”, but I’m not sure whether they differentiate between mainline and regional when it comes to lounge access.
Yep, there's no differentiation between mainline and Eagle for lounge access purposes. No problem to access the FL due to you Emerald status through BA.
Spiff likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 6:16 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Yep, there's no differentiation between mainline and Eagle for lounge access purposes. No problem to access the FL due to you Emerald status through BA.
Brill thank you!! Only ever flown AA mainline domestically so wasn’t sure. Appreciate the info
Old Apr 19, 2022, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
JonNYC is reporting on Twitter that 4/21 is the reopening date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.