Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Chicago / ORD Flagship Lounge - Any confirmed opening?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chicago / ORD Flagship Lounge - Any confirmed opening?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2022, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond
Thanks. I hope it does open. I changed my remaining flights to go through DFW until this is all figured out!
Old Apr 19, 2022, 8:59 am

Programs: AA CK EXP 3MM, National EE, Hertz Plat
Originally Posted by wrp96
JonNYC is reporting on Twitter that 4/21 is the reopening date.
I was told this Thursday as well. My CK rep asked me if I was going to stop up as I am traveling that day. This was Saturday when I was at the L club. Long overdue!
wrp96 likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 3:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
I can confirm on-site that Thursday 21st is indeed the day now. An AAngel confirmed it to me.
wrp96 and VaBeachGirl like this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
aa.com is showing the lounge as open from 5 am to 9 pm.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA CK EXP 3MM, National EE, Hertz Plat
Originally Posted by arabiamark
aa.com is showing the lounge as open from 5 am to 9 pm.
It's open! I was there this morning. Very nice, even better food than pre-COVID. Great team at ORD!
Old Apr 21, 2022, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond
Wonderful news!! Thanks for sharing!
Old Apr 21, 2022, 6:07 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
I'm flying from LAS on AA to ORD tomorrow and connecting to a BA flight (LAS:ORD in J and ORD:LHR in F). My bags will be checked through so what is the best way to get from my arriving flight to the AA Lounge?
TIA
Old Apr 21, 2022, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta, Amtrak, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by johnaalex
I'm flying from LAS on AA to ORD tomorrow and connecting to a BA flight (LAS:ORD in J and ORD:LHR in F). My bags will be checked through so what is the best way to get from my arriving flight to the AA Lounge?
TIA
You flight from LAS will arrive at a gate in terminal 3 at ORD, most likely in concourse H or K (a few mainline flights use L). The lounge is located in walkway between gates H6 and K6. It will be a short walk.

However, your BA flight will leave from the M gates in terminal 5. You will need to leave time to transit from terminal 3 to terminal 5. There used to be a bus that stayed behind security to do this, but I do not believe it is currently running. You will need to leave security, take the recently reopened ATS terminal train to terminal 5, then re-clear security in terminal 5.

Last edited by KBMIFlyer; Apr 22, 2022 at 7:37 am
Old Apr 28, 2022, 6:49 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
I'm in the Flagship Lounge at Chicago-O'Hare now.

There's a nice self-service buffet. They set up an omelette station after I had already finished breakfast.

The Champagne is Piper-Heidsieck.

When I checked in, I asked how long it had been open. I was told it had opened one week earlier, on April 21.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I was there the other day at lunch time, the employees were super friendly, excited, and proud of the re-opening. However, every time I am at the buffet I ask myself and an employee if this is all the food, even though I know the answer is yes. In other words, I am not too impressed. The best (only main) item was the small beef sandwiches, as I don't want to eat mussels in transit (trying to keep diarrhea and food poisoning to a minimum). Seriously, can't you just put some salmon/fish and some solid pieces of meat out there, how hard can it be. Honestly, the food at the LAX and DFW flagships is better, although I admit this may have been a bad day.

Last edited by nk15; Jul 9, 2022 at 10:20 am
Old Jul 9, 2022, 9:12 am
RJ1

Any recent reports of food offerings at the ORD FL? I'd like to eat/snack at the FL and skip the meal on my ORD-BCN flight so I can maximize hoped-for sleep time.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA 1MM EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by RJ1
Any recent reports of food offerings at the ORD FL? I'd like to eat/snack at the FL and skip the meal on my ORD-BCN flight so I can maximize hoped-for sleep time.
I don’t have a picture of the menu, but they had a decent number of choices — green beans, cauliflower, sushi, sweet potato mash, steamed mussels, cold plates. I believe the mussels were the main item in lieu of chicken or beef. They were okay; a bit dry.

There’s also an action station, which I believe serves pasta, but it was closed the two times I was there last week.

Choices aren’t as substantial compared to what’s on offer at JFK / LAX, but still pretty good.
RJ1 likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Sushi and mussels as the main item again, this is passive aggressive behavior. If they don't want people to come in for lunch or dinner they should have stayed closed.

Obviously the food in J on the plane will be better than in the flagship.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA 1MM EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by nk15
Sushi and mussels as the main item again, this is passive aggressive behavior. If they don't want people to come in for lunch or dinner they should have stayed closed.

Obviously the food in J on the plane will be better than in the flagship.
Mussels is an odd choice since it replaces a fish or beef selection, and they don’t keep very well. There were also these sliced beef sliders now that I’m remembering.

On my ORD-DUB flight last week, had a plate of healthy food in the FL then quickly ate in air as soon as we were up before going to sleep.
LowValueCustomer likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 6:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
Mussels is an odd choice since it replaces a fish or beef selection, and they don’t keep very well. There were also these sliced beef sliders now that I’m remembering.

On my ORD-DUB flight last week, had a plate of healthy food in the FL then quickly ate in air as soon as we were up before going to sleep.
By "healthy" do you mean in the "healthy low-calorie" sense, or the "healthy amount" sense? My visit to the ORD lounge was in May but the food selection seemed pretty lacking if you wanted to make a meal out of it (I didn't want a meal, so it was perfectly fine for my purposes).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.