Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

I have so many LPs / miles / credit card spend - shout, brag, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I have so many LPs / miles / credit card spend - shout, brag, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2022, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by aj411
just over 46,000,: 32,000 flying the rest CC
Last year I made EXP three times over the lowered requirement (would have made EXP in a regular year). I've generally made EXP by beginning of 4th quarter most years
I think a lot of us with "reasonable" or "average" credit card spend just lost our place in the upgrade line.
It might be time to look for a different airline to be loyal to with flying.

The value of loyally flying with AA just went down
49,050 LP here. I don't know how they were calculated and to be honest really don't have the effort to find out. I'll probably easily qualify for EXP again and only care about SWU's. FL? grab your own Stellas. That's what that means to me. Yay. Upgrades? Still basically non existent (with 22K spend I'm still not getting upgrades usually because of TOD). Group 1 boarding? Big deal really. I only travel with a backpack. Getting exit or bulkhead? Yes that matters to me definitely. AA award miles redemption? Those are completely pretty much crazy redemptions levels. There is no benefit for EXP's. SDC? Yeah I've used it and has some value I agree.
WVmike likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 9:03 am

1139 loyalty miles. all of my FTD spend went to bonus.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 10:33 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
A little over 50K. 42K from flying and most of the rest from charging some of the flights on an AA credit card. That's the only thing I charge on the AA card.

AA saying this new system "simplifies" things is a joke. You need to be a CPA to back into their number. But at least it codifies the fact that they (like DL) are now little more than a credit card marketing company, albeit one that can strap its prospects into a metal tube in order to force feed them the solicitations.
vasantn, enviroian, WVmike and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 11:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
11216 LP here, some Hyatt stays, only 2 flights, some eshopping, some AA Citi credit card.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 11:47 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Delta Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Clear
The initial results of this thread confirm that for 2022 (and possibly forever) the airlines are rewarding SPENDING on co-branded credit cards more than flying and anyone (lucky) to have large spend on credit cards will easily hit 200k or higher. It is interesting to see how AA is moving towards becoming a credit card company that flies airplanes, rather than the other way around.

So, congrats to the leaderboard and for anyone on the bottom end of the board, don't hate the players, hate the game...and go out get get a AA credit card!!!

It will be interesting to see how upgrades are handled going forward as in the past, it was hard to get Executive Platinum flying and now some people can hit that mark in a few months or weeks of credit card spending. Personally, I just purchase business or first class rather than take a chance on getting a free upgrade, but am starting to get concerned about the high front of the plane ticket prices lately.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by MiamiBill
The initial results of this thread confirm that for 2022 (and possibly forever) the airlines are rewarding SPENDING on co-branded credit cards more than flying and anyone (lucky) to have large spend on credit cards will easily hit 200k or higher.
Not strictly true; they are rewarding shopping at the highest rates, regardless of whether the CC is co-branded or not. Co-branded cards get you just 1 LP/$. Shopping can get you 20, 30, 50, even 100+. If I were to spend $200K on a CC, I would rather get a multitude of MR points on the Amex Platinum.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by MiamiBill
The initial results of this thread confirm that for 2022 (and possibly forever) the airlines are rewarding SPENDING on co-branded credit cards more than flying and anyone (lucky) to have large spend on credit cards will easily hit 200k or higher. It is interesting to see how AA is moving towards becoming a credit card company that flies airplanes, rather than the other way around.

So, congrats to the leaderboard and for anyone on the bottom end of the board, don't hate the players, hate the game...and go out get get a AA credit card!!!

It will be interesting to see how upgrades are handled going forward as in the past, it was hard to get Executive Platinum flying and now some people can hit that mark in a few months or weeks of credit card spending. Personally, I just purchase business or first class rather than take a chance on getting a free upgrade, but am starting to get concerned about the high front of the plane ticket prices lately.
We also started purchasing quite a few more flights up front but yes have seen the prices ridiculously creep up in the last 6 months and i saw that because what you actually get is not that much more different unfortunately. I am curious how i stack up but depending on this year, i may not bother. Everything I get as a gold (except upgrades) i get with AA cards so no loss there and if every joe and their mother is on the list, you can kiss upgrades goodbye.

I am more than ever starting to see the advantage of just saying screw it and booking whatever airline works for the itinerary. I tried hard to keep the status because I do think it helps in irrops. The only difference being that we based in Miami, American really is the way to go.
WVmike likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA EXP & UA Gold
where/ how do I track how many segments I have (i believe 30 are needed to get the SWUs after I reach 200K LP?).
hawkfan7314 likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by Babu
where/ how do I track how many segments I have (i believe 30 are needed to get the SWUs after I reach 200K LP?).
Maintain a spreadsheet? It's not easy to figure out the number of segments using this new interface. They will probably fix it at some point.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Hilton Diamond
30,360, just flights
renila likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 2:13 pm

1017- booked as a promotion bonus, however I have no idea from what.
I have 5 Hyatt stays that have not posted as well as FTD from V day that has yet to post. hmmmm
Old Mar 2, 2022, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
10,000 - just CC spend so far
Old Mar 2, 2022, 2:23 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hyatt Explorist, Wyndham Diamond
1710 LP. I thought I won but there's people with less
Old Mar 2, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
I'm at 0. I status matched to AS 75K.
vasantn and WVmike like this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
40k mostly credit card. In 2019 i had several UK trips and made it to something past my LT Plat for the first time in 6-7 years. Plt Pro was extended universally in 2020, and I had one UK trip in Nov between Delta and Omicron that got me the 2021 EQD extension. Now with the change in NA upgrade protocols LT Plat has been devalued further, so I am likely to aim for Plt Pro requal at125k this year. It will cost me a few shekels in forgone 2% cash back but I expect to be back on the road in Q2 and although i don't travel nearly as much as i did 8-20 years ago I still have no desire to sit in steerage . Plus OWE gets the better lounge at LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.