Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Food in Admirals Clubs (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2023, 6:08 am

Programs: AA, Hertz, Hyatt, Hilton
Meatballs and pasta at the new DCA lounge both yesterday (Saturday) and the previous Saturday. They also had the baklava "bites" whereas LGA had the larger baklava rolls.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 6:33 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Miami D30 still had the meatballs as of 3/1. Hoping to try this sweet and sour beef!
Old Mar 5, 2023, 7:50 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
The ORD G/H had the meatballs on Friday so I was surprised to see the beef in the L louonge on Saturday evening. Didn't get to the other lounges at ORD Saturday. Passing through Monday but will be in Flagship
Old Mar 5, 2023, 7:52 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by njvandy
Miami D30 still had the meatballs as of 3/1. Hoping to try this sweet and sour beef!
If you like spice, you ight want to add a bit of hot sauce or pepper but then again it is admiral's club :-)
njvandy likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 7:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant

Still meatballs and pasta at DFW Friday. Which actually are not bad at all and far better than the last attempt at Asian cuisine, even if I'm ready for a change by now.

(I was originally planning on posting this to the "What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive Thing You Can Complain About?" thread, but this seems like a better place. Some of you already get it and are chuckling. Some of you are like my wife. She didn't get it either. But she usually doesn't get my backhanded humor. Unfortunately she also has lots of food allergies).

Last edited by jayer; Mar 5, 2023 at 8:57 pm
Old Mar 5, 2023, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by jayer

Still meatballs and pasta at DFW Friday. Which actually are not bad at all and far better than the last attempt at Asian cuisine, even if I'm ready for a change by now.

(I was originally planning on posting this to the "What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive Thing You Can Complain About?" thread, but this seems like a better place. Some of you already get it and are chuckling. Some of you are like my wife. She didn't get it either. But she usually doesn't get my backhanded humor. Unfortunately she also has lots of food allergies).
But how could they be all beef if they also contain egg and wheat...and what else are they hiding from us?!?
Old Mar 6, 2023, 4:27 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
That food sign needs a bit of Windex......
enviroian, AAway and onanisland like this.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by jayer

😁 From a culinary perspective "All-Beef" is usually an indicator that something doesn't contain pork (in this context, or other proteins for other items), but I totally appreciate how that reads. 😊
onanisland and TWA884 like this.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 4:48 am

Well this is something new to me...
Big old warm skillet o' bAAcon in PHL BC club today
(with scrambled eggs)

Old Mar 8, 2023, 6:59 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
Well this is something new to me...
Big old warm skillet o' bAAcon in PHL BC club today
(with scrambled eggs)
The scrambled eggs and bacon have been available at the LAX Admirals Clubs at least as far back as September, 2022, and perhaps as early as May.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 4:26 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Admirals Club member
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
The awful "breakfast scramble" needs to go. Pretty sure AA did it just to cut down on egg costs.
agreed. I know their options are limited to heat & serve items, but there’s got to be a better supplier for powdered eggs then what we’re getting now…
BERGBRLY likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
There is a very good spicy jambalaya type soup at DFW A club. I had a few cups of it yesterday. Yummy!

On a side tangent yo AA monitor the freestyle machines. Yet again pretty much all choices except Fanta or water were empty.
nineworldseries likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 5:52 pm
Suspended

Caribbean Chicken, no pasta/meatballs

The pasta and meatballs seem to be gone; replaced by Caribbean Chicken, which was also good.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by WeekendTraveler
The pasta and meatballs seem to be gone; replaced by Caribbean Chicken, which was also good.
Significant upgrade
Old Jun 6, 2023, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Atlanta has Mac and Queso

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.