Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA J On Board Service MIA/LIM - DFW/LIM A321NEO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA J On Board Service MIA/LIM - DFW/LIM A321NEO

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2022, 4:38 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by carlosdca
These two flights are almost the same distance (332 miles difference)
I picked random dates in April.
On which flight do you think UA makes more money per business class seat IAH-LIM? or EWR-LHR?
If UA were short on aircrafts with lie-flats, would they send the better aircraft to LIM or LHR?
They make more money on LHR. Not just that flight you found, but in general. Not just for UA, but DL, AA, BA and VS too. The Premium paying passenger volume and yields are greater than IAH-LIM.
carlosdca likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by dll
In fairness, any flight on the A321NEO in business is pretty uncomfortable. I had an LAX-LIH last fall that clocked in right about 6 hours, gate-to-gate, and needed a massage. Not only are the seats poorly padded, I also find them slippery to the point I slide forward when seated. That puts pressure on one's lower back.
On the other hand, I flew PHX-HNL in December on the 321NEO. Based on the comments in this forum, I was expecting the worst ever plane experience. I actually found the seat tolerable, the service was very good (granted I do have the infamous turkey sandwich), and the flight was generally enjoyable.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
I don't mind the 737 and A321 experience if it's less than 4 hours. More than that, It's just not worth the money.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Originally Posted by PHL
The AA Flagship Lounge link from the aa site is correct. The thing I missed in my previous post was that AS Gold and Gold 75K are included in this access policy. Still must be on a flight that is sold as Flagship. If the Lima flights are no longer sold as such, then FL access is not allowed when flying this route unless you happen to be a CK.
Awww man...I had at least thought we'd get FL access. Really starting to regret my use of SWUs on this route...but what's done is done.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Those 757 with the brown leather seats in J(F) were the worst.
When it seemed that they were gone for good, you could still find them in LIM routes. Ugh.
And a seat I would take any day over a 321 Oasis F seat.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 7:40 am

Just booked LIM-MIA-IND in J using only 25k which is only 10k more than Y. This is quite a deal and hence I have no complaint for the domestic J seat.

Originally Posted by TomA
Yes, I thought that when I read it, but they make it confusing when they don't just list Peru in the exception list with Colombia, etc
AA heard and now they added Peru! The flagship link now says: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...hip-lounge.jsp

"Qualifying international

Flights with seats ticketed as Flagship® between the U.S. and:

• Asia
  • Australia
  • Europe
  • New Zealand
  • South America (excluding Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Peru, Suriname and Venezuela)"
Old Apr 18, 2022, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Originally Posted by bobbybrown
Just booked LIM-MIA-IND in J using only 25k which is only 10k more than Y. This is quite a deal and hence I have no complaint for the domestic J seat.

AA heard and now they added Peru! The flagship link now says: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...hip-lounge.jsp

• Asia
  • Australia
  • Europe
  • New Zealand
  • South America (excluding Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Peru, Suriname and Venezuela)"
The disdain AA has for Latin America is striking. LATAM is at their weakest and they could step up with premium service...and they think only Chile, Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil are worthy of it. So sad.
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by El_Chiflero
The disdain AA has for Latin America is striking. LATAM is at their weakest and they could step up with premium service...and they think only Chile, Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil are worthy of it. So sad.
As already discussed, margins on the routes mentioned are very low.
So it has nothing to do with anybody's disdain.

LATAM serves point to point routes with mostly O/D pax so their model is a complete different animal.
AA is not going to start LIM LAX or SCL LAX or LIM=MCO to compete with LATAM.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 10:28 am

As already discussed, margins on the routes mentioned are very low.
So it has nothing to do with anybody's disdain.

LATAM serves point to point routes with mostly O/D pax so their model is a complete different animal.
AA is not going to start LIM LAX or SCL LAX or LIM=MCO to compete with LATAM.
That may be the case but, at least when it came to Summer 2021, AA had no problem filling MIA-MDE with a 789 as both flights I was on were packed in both J and Y ( I had some friends in MCE). Could those planes make more profit margin elsewhere? Absolutely. Is AA badly short on available widebodies? Without a doubt. It doesn't change the fact that AA could make it work if they could. People choose LATAM and Avianca because they don't have an alternative as they both race to the bottom. History is on your side though, because if AA can't even make the TPAC hub from LAX work, how is it suppose to make a better service for Latin America? Add to it the lack of interest from B6, UA, and DL and it just paints a very troubling picture...for me at least. I'm biased though.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 4:34 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Titanium Member

• Asia
  • Australia
  • Europe
  • New Zealand
We’re flying DFW-LIM in economy, but I was at least hoping to access the Flagship Lounge at DFW as an AS 100K MVP and Oneworld Emerald member. I don’t know why I expected more from AA, they treat their own domestic market horribly..

Last edited by aztimm; Aug 8, 2022 at 3:49 pm Reason: masking profanities is not permitted
Old Oct 27, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist

• Asia
  • Australia
  • Europe
  • New Zealand
Sigh, glad last year I got to use it and it was still Flagship. Seems this year I'm doing the neo and no Flagship lounge 🥲

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.