Wiki Posts
Search

Jetblue (old) Mint vs. Flagship Business

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2022, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Jetblue (old) Mint vs. Flagship Business

Was initially booked on an 8:45pm departure out of BOS on Jetblue Mint. I had one of the throne seats, so I figured I had it made. Turns out, my girlfriend will be joining me on this trip, so the throne seat will be not be happening.

Basically, I can fly AA Flagship Business for the exact same price as B6 Mint. No Flagship Lounge in Boston, so it's going to come down to the actual in flight experience.

Anyone want to point me in the right direction? I'm absolutely torn.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently
Was initially booked on an 8:45pm departure out of BOS on Jetblue Mint. I had one of the throne seats, so I figured I had it made. Turns out, my girlfriend will be joining me on this trip, so the throne seat will be not be happening.

Basically, I can fly AA Flagship Business for the exact same price as B6 Mint. No Flagship Lounge in Boston, so it's going to come down to the actual in flight experience.

I prefer Mint if I can get throne seat; Flagship Business otherwise.

If food service is important to you, B6 has a very nice presentation but the food itself is unexceptional. Great cocktails, though.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 11:53 am

Programs: AA EXP
Opinions will vary, but I prefer the Mint in flight experience (better food, on average, more attentive crews, free internet, worse IFE).

Nuances on lounges: (1) depending when you fly, would LAX flagship maybe be open (probably closed the time a night flight gets in, even if were overall open)? Do you care about that on arrival? (2) Do you care about Admirals Club access in BOS?

If it were me, I’d probably stick with the Mint flight, unless (a) I was trying to burn upgrades to get to First *and* (b) it was a situation where I could be confident of LAX flagship on arrival and I cared about it on that trip.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: AA EXP
Oh: the other thing. How important is it to be there on time (even if not in lie flat)? I have found AA to be way better about accommodation in IRROPS than B6, though have not encountered IRROPS on B6 since the Northeast alliance thing, so maybe / hopefully the situation has improved.
PTahCha likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 6:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The AA seat is way more comfortable. Mint soft product is usually better, but sometimes you'll get a great AA crew.
jcatman likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 9:32 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hyatt Explorist, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently

I've flown both the throne old Mint seats and AA flagship business on the 777-200. personally I would prefer the flagship business seats over the old Mint throne seats. When lying down, it felt like I had a bit more space to move around on AA than Jetblue Mint. When in lie flat mode, the Mint seats are extremely narrow with barely any space to move around (although the closing door was nice). I've also slept better on AA flagship business.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by xjaehyun
I've flown both the throne old Mint seats and AA flagship business on the 777-200. personally I would prefer the flagship business seats over the old Mint throne seats. When lying down, it felt like I had a bit more space to move around on AA than Jetblue Mint. When in lie flat mode, the Mint seats are extremely narrow with barely any space to move around (although the closing door was nice). I've also slept better on AA flagship business.
you are probably not getting 777-200 on BOS transcon with AA. It's most likely the A321T, which imo really isn't that great, especially the food choices.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 11:54 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Is the throne seat across the aisle available? That might give you a chance to try out the Mint experience while "sitting together".

On my last Mint flight, they had PBD (anything you want), a useful amenity kit, good food choices, great pre-arrival snacks (the crew threw in a few leftover BOB cheese plates in addition to the usual chips). You also get overall more attentive JetBlue crew in general. Internet, however, was not usable, even though it was free.

If you fly AA, you do have access to Admirals Club at BOS. 4 choices of entree, a decent wine list, chocolate chips cookie before landing. The seat is more plush than Mint.

Either way, you can't go wrong.
logicalrealist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.