FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Jetblue (old) Mint vs. Flagship Business (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2065515-jetblue-old-mint-vs-flagship-business.html)

FlyFreakquently Jan 15, 2022 11:32 am

Jetblue (old) Mint vs. Flagship Business

Was initially booked on an 8:45pm departure out of BOS on Jetblue Mint. I had one of the throne seats, so I figured I had it made. Turns out, my girlfriend will be joining me on this trip, so the throne seat will be not be happening.

Basically, I can fly AA Flagship Business for the exact same price as B6 Mint. No Flagship Lounge in Boston, so it's going to come down to the actual in flight experience.

Anyone want to point me in the right direction? I'm absolutely torn.

vasantn Jan 15, 2022 11:51 am

Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently (Post 33904807)
Was initially booked on an 8:45pm departure out of BOS on Jetblue Mint. I had one of the throne seats, so I figured I had it made. Turns out, my girlfriend will be joining me on this trip, so the throne seat will be not be happening.

Basically, I can fly AA Flagship Business for the exact same price as B6 Mint. No Flagship Lounge in Boston, so it's going to come down to the actual in flight experience.

I prefer Mint if I can get throne seat; Flagship Business otherwise.

If food service is important to you, B6 has a very nice presentation but the food itself is unexceptional. Great cocktails, though.

logicalrealist Jan 15, 2022 11:53 am

Opinions will vary, but I prefer the Mint in flight experience (better food, on average, more attentive crews, free internet, worse IFE).

Nuances on lounges: (1) depending when you fly, would LAX flagship maybe be open (probably closed the time a night flight gets in, even if were overall open)? Do you care about that on arrival? (2) Do you care about Admirals Club access in BOS?

If it were me, I’d probably stick with the Mint flight, unless (a) I was trying to burn upgrades to get to First *and* (b) it was a situation where I could be confident of LAX flagship on arrival and I cared about it on that trip.

logicalrealist Jan 15, 2022 11:55 am

Oh: the other thing. How important is it to be there on time (even if not in lie flat)? I have found AA to be way better about accommodation in IRROPS than B6, though have not encountered IRROPS on B6 since the Northeast alliance thing, so maybe / hopefully the situation has improved.

Kacee Jan 18, 2022 6:19 am

The AA seat is way more comfortable. Mint soft product is usually better, but sometimes you'll get a great AA crew.

xjaehyun Jan 18, 2022 9:32 am

Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently (Post 33904807)

I've flown both the throne old Mint seats and AA flagship business on the 777-200. personally I would prefer the flagship business seats over the old Mint throne seats. When lying down, it felt like I had a bit more space to move around on AA than Jetblue Mint. When in lie flat mode, the Mint seats are extremely narrow with barely any space to move around (although the closing door was nice). I've also slept better on AA flagship business.

tphuang Jan 18, 2022 10:16 am

Originally Posted by xjaehyun (Post 33912890)
I've flown both the throne old Mint seats and AA flagship business on the 777-200. personally I would prefer the flagship business seats over the old Mint throne seats. When lying down, it felt like I had a bit more space to move around on AA than Jetblue Mint. When in lie flat mode, the Mint seats are extremely narrow with barely any space to move around (although the closing door was nice). I've also slept better on AA flagship business.

you are probably not getting 777-200 on BOS transcon with AA. It's most likely the A321T, which imo really isn't that great, especially the food choices.

PTahCha Jan 18, 2022 11:54 am

Is the throne seat across the aisle available? That might give you a chance to try out the Mint experience while "sitting together".

On my last Mint flight, they had PBD (anything you want), a useful amenity kit, good food choices, great pre-arrival snacks (the crew threw in a few leftover BOB cheese plates in addition to the usual chips). You also get overall more attentive JetBlue crew in general. Internet, however, was not usable, even though it was free.

If you fly AA, you do have access to Admirals Club at BOS. 4 choices of entree, a decent wine list, chocolate chips cookie before landing. The seat is more plush than Mint.

Either way, you can't go wrong.