Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

PDBs Coming Back? (anecdotes, experiences)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PDBs Coming Back? (anecdotes, experiences)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2022, 7:41 am

Programs: AA Exp
PDB on first leg GCM-MIA, no PDB on second leg MIA-CUN.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 10:06 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat, Hertz PC
3/3 AA5525 PVD-PHL: No PDB.

Now that the PDB lottery has returned is the PDB when/what/why not thread going to be re-opened?
Old Mar 4, 2022, 10:26 am

Programs: AA, Bonvoy, Delta, Hyatt
AA2268 2/27. Jfk-Mia. PDB offered. Water and OJ only…. In the most flimsy plastic cup… worse than the rinse cup at the dentist.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 11:30 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
27Feb PHL-PHX no PDB.
03Mar PHX-PHL no PDB and no food due to catering problem.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mhbnyc
AA2268 2/27. Jfk-Mia. PDB offered. Water and OJ only…. In the most flimsy plastic cup… worse than the rinse cup at the dentist.
Those cups are the worst! I wasn't expecting it to be so soft and when I took it from the FA, I almost crushed it in my hands.
mhbnyc and EncFlyer like this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 2:32 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Not seeing much in the way of PDBs even when there's been a delay at the gate. Other than a few dedicated FAs this benefit is basically dead.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 8:58 am

Programs: UA MM (former 1K) - DL PM (former DM) - Marriott Platinum
Wed 3/2 - AA 117 - JFK-LAX in Flagship First. No PDB.

That makes 0 for 2 LAX-JFK-LAX in Flagship service.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 10:10 am

Programs: AA, Bonvoy, Delta, Hyatt
Originally Posted by LAX-1K
Wed 3/2 - AA 117 - JFK-LAX in Flagship First. No PDB.

That makes 0 for 2 LAX-JFK-LAX in Flagship service.
horrible. I hope you’re writing into AA when this happens…especially on a flagship route.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 11:36 am

Programs: AAdvantage
AA communicated to the flight attendants this week “if your flight starts boarding late, or if you have a full cabin provide water, juice or champagne.” So expect more limited options for PDBs if offered anything.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 12:00 pm

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by PhillipTaylor
AA communicated to the flight attendants this week “if your flight starts boarding late, or if you have a full cabin provide water, juice or champagne.” So expect more limited options for PDBs if offered anything.
Well, that covers about 99.9% of all AA flights
robertablake likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 1:00 pm

Programs: Some/Most/All
I was somewhat surprised by a conversation I had with an FA last week. First, I was 2/2 with upgrades as a lowly, low-spending GLD DFW<>LAX, so that was a nice delight. (And presumably, will vanish into thin air henceforth.) But, I was 0/2 with PDBs. And otherwise, those were some of the best FAs I had in quite some time. Attentive, good-spirited, etc. Everything you hope to get when you're boarding and sizing up the crew. Except, of course, for the whole PDB piece.

On one of those trips, I had occasion to stop by the galley mid-flight and make a request. As above, it was cheerfully fulfilled, but we engaged in a bit of conversation around the current environment, and I was shocked to hear that they weren't always certain what level of service they were intended to provide. (I didn't make any direct reference to the lack of PDB.) They mentioned there were emails, internal postings (jetnet or something similar, I presume?), and even notes around the crew rooms, but there were so many that they couldn't keep up with what goes where. (And I would guess that the type of flight plays a role here. Short-haul, mid-con, transcon, etc.) On one hand I wondered if this FA just couldn't be bothered to care, but on the other, they certainly put a good face on while they were in the plane, so that doesn't directly correlate.

Maybe it means something, maybe it doesn't, but I thought it an interesting data point I hadn't seen before.
thunderdeacon likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 1:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Full PDB options SFO-PHX yesterday. Great FA serving the F cabin. Have a had a run of good AA crews lately.
skylady and scubadu like this.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 1:22 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
3/5 DFW-MTY A319 OJ/water/champagne
Old Mar 5, 2022, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PhillipTaylor
or if you have a full cabin
This is totally nuts. With the new upgrade scheme, this effectively means the end of made-to-order PDB service on every single AA domestic flight in F.

Why can't they just offer the same PDB service they did throughout the 1980s and 1990s? Didn't matter if the F cabin was full or not, everyone got to order what they wanted. And the FAs did not seem to have any problem getting the job done.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 8:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, GHA Titanium, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by Kacee
Full PDB options SFO-PHX yesterday. Great FA serving the F cabin. Have a had a run of good AA crews lately.
Same for LGA-IAH. Word for word. Great flight.
skylady and MasterPlanner like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.