Wiki Posts
Search

AA to LGA on 7 January 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2022, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by guv1976
Since the OP is staying at the Distrikt Hotel on West 40th Street, I think that the Q70 to the Jackson Heights/Roosevelt Avenue subway station, followed by the Manhattan-bound E train to 42nd Street/8th Avenue would be better than taking the LIRR from Woodside. Certainly cheaper. 😉
I don't think the OP is terribly keen on trying out NYC's fine public transportation system.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
In my room. I had the uber driver drop me off down the block at a 7-11 at 39th and 8th so I could pick up a six pack. LOL

What a doozy of a flight. Here we go...

1. I'm in 1F. No one next to me. Guy in 1C is hacking up a storm continually and I mean almost movie like. He is reminded to wear his mask over his nose. Mom and daughter behind me in 2EF hit the call button and ask what can AA do to help as this guy "has covid". I look at the woman behind me and she hands me another mask to wear over my own. Thanks. Flight attendant approaches me when cougher go to the loo and says "there is a full row in 8 or 9 if you want to move to get away from him". I say I'm fine thank you.
2. F/A starts service right after 10K chime or shortly thereafter. She says " I have the harvest salad an...." I politely cut here off and say No thank you that salad is horrible and no thank you for your turkey sandwich. She looked startled.
3. After the initial drink service (no nuts) they 2 f/a disappeared into the galley never to return again. No check on F, nothing. What a joke these lazy arses. I had to ring the bell for all my 3 beers (2 Heinekens and a dos equis --they ran of Heineken) and they seem put off by me using the call button. I'm like, "really??". Totally useless and lazy flight attendants.
4. We were 90 minutes late. LGA is okay but I felt like I was at heathrow walking from gate 29 to level 2 lyft area (row E). I have never flown into LGA before (only out). Wow was I in for a surprise for final approach! It was awesome ....just when you think you are close to touchdown you make a hard LEFT.....then another hard LEFT and bam there's the runway. I loved it.
5. I saw AA tails everywhere. I had no idea AA had such a presence at LGA. I assume it's more than EWR and JFK combined (?).
Old Jan 7, 2022, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by enviroian
Wow was I in for a surprise for final approach! It was awesome ....just when you think you are close to touchdown you make a hard LEFT.....then another hard LEFT and bam there's the runway. I loved it.
As I said upthread:
If you're an aviation geek, it's a lot of fun landing on Runway 31 as you go into a steep hand-flown almost-180-degree left turn at 800 feet with a view of Citi Field, Shea Stadium, and the Fairgrounds to the left, and then a view of the Throgs Neck and Whitestone Bridges to the right as you come out of the turn and skim the water before hitting the runway.
You really should have sat on the left side, although you were probably able to see the Fairgrounds and the stadiums during the long, steep bank (assuming 1A didn't have the window shade down). Glad you enjoyed it!
enviroian likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by vasantn
1A didn't have the window shade down
The poor girl in 1A was hacked comatose from covid carl so her shade was down.
vasantn likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 5:17 am

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
Originally Posted by enviroian
Yes. The Distrikt hotel tapestry collection. Deadline to cancel is midnight tonight. However if I wait until tomorrow they would normally extend a diamond a late cancellation courtesy especially if due to wx.
can you post a review on TripAdvisor or in the Hilton honors forum about the hotel ? I’ve never considered tapestry before. Flying AA IAH LGA non stop twice this month both times Land at noon so will try public transportation staying at millennium hilton downtown (which is no longer a hilton the day I check out ) and hilton UN plaza.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.