Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American Eagle First Class Food Service

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2022, 8:06 pm
Suspended

Is pre-ordering of meals supposed to be available in F for American Eagle flights now that meals are available again (Envoy E175 in particular)? I thought they added this a few years back, but haven't been in AE F for a while now, and for an upcoming flight MRY-DFW it has the button to launch the meal pre-order feature, but the popup says: "Menu options. Our system is having trouble. Please try again or come back later." and has said that the last two weeks ever since entering the 30 day window (and have tried multiple computers/browsers). Have had no problem pre-selecting meals on all my mainline F flights.
Spanish likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 6:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Originally Posted by oc2005
Is pre-ordering of meals supposed to be available in F for American Eagle flights now that meals are available again (Envoy E175 in particular)? I thought they added this a few years back, but haven't been in AE F for a while now, and for an upcoming flight MRY-DFW it has the button to launch the meal pre-order feature, but the popup says: "Menu options. Our system is having trouble. Please try again or come back later." and has said that the last two weeks ever since entering the 30 day window (and have tried multiple computers/browsers). Have had no problem pre-selecting meals on all my mainline F flights.
You are definitely remembering this correctly, they were just rolling it out pre-pandemic. I’ve been experiencing the same issues with my eagle flights lately, they’re telling me to pre-order even though their system has an issue when I press the button. I’m not sure it really matters at this point since the food has not been all that great.
oc2005 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 11:30 am

Programs: Choice Hotels
I received a cold boxed meal on my OKC-PHX flight a few days ago. I have been in F on this flight many times, even before covid. This was my first time to receive a meal on this route. I chose the vegetarian option ehich was a vegetable wrap, salad, trail mix, and cookies. It was fresh and tasty, and of course, was prepared with both Chickpeas and Arugula as some of the ingredients.

Old Sep 26, 2022, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Are Eagle flights currently catered with citrus (lemon/lime) wedges in F (like mainline AA). It's been months since I've flown Eagle and cannot remember. Thanks.

-FlyerBeek
Old Sep 28, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: National - Exec, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Delta - Gold, AA - Plat
I can attest that on SkyWest operated flights, yes. They have both lemon and limes available for drinks. (I'm assuming you were asking for beverages and not food).
FlyerBeek and thunderdeacon like this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by leighjohnwi
I can attest that on SkyWest operated flights, yes. They have both lemon and limes available for drinks.
Thanks. Oddly, I ended up flying Envoy (DCA-PVD) and PSA (PVD-DCA) this week and neither had citrus wedges available in F. FA on the second flight looked at me like I was absolutely crazy when I asked. Still unsure what determines which regional flights get citrus in F (regional airline, catering station, route?). Pre-COVID I seem to remember having it on most/all of my AA regional flights in F, but perhaps my memory is mistaken.

-FlyerBeek
Old Oct 30, 2023, 7:15 am

Programs: UA lifetime Gold 1MM; AA-EXP; DL- DM; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
Flying tomorrow DFW-STS on Envoy E175, in F.
Pre selection is offered but system gives you an error. Other mainline flights are showing up correctly. What should I expect for a morning flight and the return in the afternoon? I'm guessing so e kind of box?
Old Oct 30, 2023, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by carl1P
Flying tomorrow DFW-STS on Envoy E175, in F.
Pre selection is offered but system gives you an error. Other mainline flights are showing up correctly. What should I expect for a morning flight and the return in the afternoon? I'm guessing so e kind of box?
Cold box as there are no ovens on AA regional jets, there will be a choice of a vegetarian or non-vegetarian option.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 7:30 am

Programs: UA lifetime Gold 1MM; AA-EXP; DL- DM; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
TY! I figured as such, but have not flown a regional that far in a long time so not sure if there had been any changes.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by carl1P
TY! I figured as such, but have not flown a regional that far in a long time so not sure if there had been any changes.
If you look through the domestic meals thread, there are pictures showing what's typically in the boxes.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 1:06 pm

So tray service hasn’t returned on any eagle flights? Doing MIA to AXA this weekend which is more than 3 hours.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP / CK
I was on DEN-LAX last week and no F meal service. I'd forgotten about it as all the competitors on this route offer meal service and more. Fold in the Eagle's Nest at LAX and that's more and more reason to avoid any LAX based Eagle flights...I do agree though the Eagle FAs are almost always better than mainline.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by PlungeTEX
So tray service hasn’t returned on any eagle flights? Doing MIA to AXA this weekend which is more than 3 hours.
I don’t believe so. I recently flew on American Eagle’s longest route (DFW-STS) and it was box meals.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 9:56 am

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by maat777
I was on DEN-LAX last week and no F meal service. I'd forgotten about it as all the competitors on this route offer meal service and more. Fold in the Eagle's Nest at LAX and that's more and more reason to avoid any LAX based Eagle flights...I do agree though the Eagle FAs are almost always better than mainline.
as of the first of the year, United doesn’t offer meal service on that flight anymore
Old Feb 18, 2024, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by AAway
I don’t believe so. I recently flew on American Eagle’s longest route (DFW-STS) and it was box meals.
Will be a dreaded box and it's more like a snack, certainly not a meal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.