Wiki Posts
Search

OGG-DFW Discontinued Eff 5/5/22

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2022, 9:53 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Grail
The seat map (unreliable, yes) as I remember it showed very few available F seats on AA 7. So where did AA put all of those up to 40 F passengers on AA 7's 772 when AA 119 is a 789 with only 30 F seats - in Y? That's what I'm calling 'screwing up'.
What about econ? Probably can't justify if econ is empty and award making up portion of F.

Go thru PHX/LAX (or HNL if revenue ticket). Disappointment yes but likely still same day arrival keeping hotel/transportation plans intact.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
The seat map (unreliable, yes) as I remember it showed very few available F seats on AA 7. So where did AA put all of those up to 40 F passengers on AA 7's 772 when AA 119 is a 789 with only 30 F seats - in Y? That's what I'm calling 'screwing up'.
The change is 37 to 30.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 9:03 am

On a related note, I guess...

As of July 1st, AA 7 departing from DFW to OGG at 0900 was operational during mid October. I just checked my October itinerary and it has been changed from AA 7 to AA 119 departing at 1130. AA 7 is no longer showing up so I'm assuming it has been removed from the schedule. Not that big of a deal to me as it will give me more time in the Flagship Lounge but how does AA reschedule a full 777-200 planeload of pax to other flights without seriously screwing up its customers' vacations?

And BTW, I received no notification from AA whatsoever. I'm glad I checked my itinerary. All of your Maui-bound folks should too.
After trying to figure out which flight was getting cut, I opted to just cancel my tickets with AA and flew UA back from Maui. Booked flights for next year's trip entirely on UA, so I guess that's one way of getting around this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.