Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA service to DOH (ex-JFK, changing to ex-PHL on 29 Oct 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA service to DOH (ex-JFK, changing to ex-PHL on 29 Oct 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2023, 2:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently
Thus the need for a Flagship Lounge becomes even more dire…
Where that AA flight will take off from at PHL it will need it because after 9:30 PM that whole corridor is shut down and a ghost town. Nothing is open. I know this from personal experience in April. Even when the website says they are open until 10 or 10:30 it was last call at 9:25 and only beers to go in plastic cups. Pathetic offerings.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 2:29 pm

Wow, talk about timing! I just booked DCA-JFK-DOH-MLE last week in economy for $1,000 each for myself and 3 family members. Then I used 4 SWU for JFK-DOH and miles + copay for DOH-JFK for upgrades to J - all were confirmed.

Will they rebook my J seats on QR or reroute me through PHL on AA metal? Fingers crossed on QR!
Old Aug 4, 2023, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
So from the QR end, it does look like all the AA ex-JFK flights have been pulled, leaving just two bookable daily JFK-DOH flights. But more interesting is that while the AA PHL-DOH flights haven’t been loaded, the daily QR PHL-DOH flight has been downgauged to a 359
Old Aug 4, 2023, 2:48 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Antarius
Oh lord. Talk about taking a bad decision and making it worse.
And people will tell you with a straight face that AA is short of widebodies.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA ExP, DL, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by fender5787
So from the QR end, it does look like all the AA ex-JFK flights have been pulled, leaving just two bookable daily JFK-DOH flights. But more interesting is that while the AA PHL-DOH flights haven’t been loaded, the daily QR PHL-DOH flight has been downgauged to a 359
This route has historically been served by the 359. The 77W has only been showing up the last few months.
njvandy and fender5787 like this.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 3:37 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by enviroian
Who in their right and sane mind would choose AA (in any class of service) over QR for this route?
My wife and I saved almost $5k on our honeymoon by flying on AA J over QR J...so yeah, that was an easy call for us. But I agree, only in drastic fare differences like that would anyone want to pass up QR.

In related news, everyone join me in prayer that our MIA-JFK-DOH-JNB itinerary gets rerouted to simply MIA-DOH-JNB QSuite all the way haha
joshuavmc likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
"PHL is our primary transatlantic gateway"

Not since Wile E. Coyote have we seen such a dedication to making the same mistake over and over and over again.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Just got off MCI PHL connecting to QR. The F flight attendant was very excited when he noticed on his tablet that I was connecting to QR to DOH. Smiled big as he told me it was announced today that PHL will now get the daily DOH flight.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 6:54 pm

Wonder when we will see CLT get a DOH route. But agreed that this probably means Qatar is doing 3 trips a day from NYC.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 8:45 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by enviroian
Where that AA flight will take off from at PHL it will need it because after 9:30 PM that whole corridor is shut down and a ghost town. Nothing is open. I know this from personal experience in April. Even when the website says they are open until 10 or 10:30 it was last call at 9:25 and only beers to go in plastic cups. Pathetic offerings.
I empathize completely. It’s shameful that AA calls PHL its primary TATL gateway with no Flagship Lounge. The Centurion Lounges is half of a lifeline to that airport, but I pity anyone who doesn’t have the Platinum and is relegated to the Admirals Club (not that you can even get into the Centurion during summer evenings).
lowfareair and Ty Vil like this.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I had a booking (a good points redemption too) that was PHX-JFK-DOH round trip with J on the outbound and F on the inbound all on AA metal. Am I just SOL on being downgraded to J?
Old Aug 5, 2023, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ty Vil
I had a booking (a good points redemption too) that was PHX-JFK-DOH round trip with J on the outbound and F on the inbound all on AA metal. Am I just SOL on being downgraded to J?
It's the rare time that a downgrade is actually a giant upgrade, assuming you can get put on QR.
Old Aug 6, 2023, 6:53 am

My KIX-DOH-JFK-CVG was replaced with KIX-DOH-PHL-CVG. Disappointed I was not reaccommodated on QR in order to keep my original routing. Not too happy about not having Flagship Lounge access on my long layover before my flight to CVG.
Old Aug 6, 2023, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by joshuavmc
Wow, talk about timing! I just booked DCA-JFK-DOH-MLE last week in economy for $1,000 each for myself and 3 family members. Then I used 4 SWU for JFK-DOH and miles + copay for DOH-JFK for upgrades to J - all were confirmed.

Will they rebook my J seats on QR or reroute me through PHL on AA metal? Fingers crossed on QR!

They rebooked us on the PHL-DOH flight and my J seats stayed confirmed. I’ll take it.

Now my next question…since the aircraft type is being changed to a 787-9. I wonder if we’ll be able to experience the new Flagship Suites since the plan is to roll them out in 2024.

My flight is in May and I would assume that the DOH flight is at the top of the list. Does anybody know the official rollout date?
Old Aug 6, 2023, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joshuavmc
My flight is in May and I would assume that the DOH flight is at the top of the list. Does anybody know the official rollout date?
why would you assume that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.