Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

How to get Avios and AA availability to work together

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2021, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Looking for an award seat AGP-MCI on 1/1/22. BA site shows Iberia has 4 Avios seats available on IB3865 (AGP-MAD). Neither aa.com or an American phone agent can see that. BA's site doesn't show availability for AGP-MCI, but there is plenty of availability on aa.com for MAD-MCI, so if I can get the first segment to work the rest of it should. Any ideas?
Old Nov 12, 2021, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by stevehuff
Looking for an award seat AGP-MCI on 1/1/22. BA site shows Iberia has 4 Avios seats available on IB3865 (AGP-MAD). Neither aa.com or an American phone agent can see that. BA's site doesn't show availability for AGP-MCI, but there is plenty of availability on aa.com for MAD-MCI, so if I can get the first segment to work the rest of it should. Any ideas?
Even if aa.com could see availability on IB3865, it wouldn't do you any good. The availability for MAD-MCI is not at the MileSAAver level. When redeeming AAdvantage miles, you can only include partner flights on MileSAAver awards.
sushanna1 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
Even if aa.com could see availability on IB3865, it wouldn't do you any good. The availability for MAD-MCI is not at the MileSAAver level. When redeeming AAdvantage miles, you can only include partner flights on MileSAAver awards.
I didn't know that - thanks for the education.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.