Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

How much power does this FA (nonrev) have?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How much power does this FA (nonrev) have?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2021, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by fdog
Exactly what went through my head at the time.

It was as if she went <poof> from impolite pax, to, vendetta-driven airline representative.

All the best, James
She was clearly making sure OP knew she was an airline representative.
A bad behaving one, but still ......... AA doesn't need representatives like that
Spiff, enviroian, wrp96 and 4 others like this.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by mvoight
She was clearly making sure OP knew she was an airline representative.
A bad behaving one, but still ......... AA doesn't need representatives like that
Moreover, if she was this rude to her company's customers on the ground (while off-duty), imagine what she is like in the air towards its customers while on duty, and in authority. Her behavior actually ruins the conscious effort her colleagues put into doing their jobs properly, because customers will forget them but remember her (and others like her).
Spiff, writerguyfl, wrp96 and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 9:37 am

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Why is the OP assuming that the apparent AA employee was a FA if she wasn't in uniform? Maybe she was a pilot or even an executive with the company.
Yes, since such a high percentage of AA pilots are female....
vasantn likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
Originally Posted by Fanjet
Moreover, if she was this rude to her company's customers on the ground (while off-duty), imagine what she is like in the air towards its customers while on duty, and in authority. Her behavior actually ruins the conscious effort her colleagues put into doing their jobs properly, because customers will forget them but remember her (and others like her).
That is a very good point If she was so power hungry and rude due to a seat at the gate, she would be a horror on a flight where she had authroity. Best to report her
Spiff, cmd320 and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 8:44 am

Programs: UA Plat/*G, Marriott LT Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by mvoight
How did you know it was a non-rev?
He was wearing an AA employee badge when he boarded.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 8:48 am

Programs: UA Plat/*G, Marriott LT Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by LondonElite
That would have been an immediate call sign event for me. Let the actual FA deal with them.
Yeah I probably should have, I was straight off a rather horrendous LIM-MIA flight and was too exhausted to think straight. Fortunately the husband de-escalated it before it got too out of hand.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by LINDEGR
Yes, since such a high percentage of AA pilots are female....
In 1000+ flights over 18 years with AA, I've had exactly 5 female pilots (only 1 on mainline, she was also the only captain among the 5). There could have been more; I don't always see the pilots.
enviroian likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by vasantn
In 1000+ flights over 18 years with AA, I've had exactly 5 female pilots (only 1 on mainline, she was also the only captain among the 5). There could have been more; I don't always see the pilots.
I've seen more on transatlantic flights for some reason than domestic. Could be a total coincidence who knows.
vasantn likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NFY, AA EXP, Marriott TE
That's pretty much the opposite from my experience...approximately 4 or 5 female pilots in the last two months!

All domestic.

All the best, James
KBMIFlyer likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
That's pretty much the opposite from my experience...approximately 4 or 5 female pilots in the last two months!
RJs?
Old Sep 3, 2021, 2:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond

All domestic.

All the best, James

im sorry for the experience to the OP. its disgusting for any person to behave that way.
fdog, writerguyfl and jhalapin like this.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NFY, AA EXP, Marriott TE
Originally Posted by vasantn
RJs?
About a third RJ's. The other two-thirds, 738 and 320/321's.

All the best, James
Old Sep 3, 2021, 5:41 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
  • <FA stands up, giving me ... eyes> "Here at American Airlines, we don't tolerate hostility of any kind"
So why are you being hostile then?
Old Sep 4, 2021, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by chleonard
Their traveling partners can be just as bad. I was on a flight a few years ago where I happened to have a row of MCE to myself. Just as boarding was finishing, a non-rev shows up at my row with his wife and daughter. Wife immediately tells me I have to move because the family can't be split up, not asks just *tells* me to move - only other open seat on the whole plane is very last row middle seat next to the lavs. I say "no I paid for this seat weeks ago, sorry" (no AA status here but I did specifically pay for the extra legroom - I'm tall and anything except a MCE aisle is very uncomfortable). Wife (who is very obviously drunk btw) continues berating me while the husband keeps telling her it's no big deal before taking that last row seat. Wife and daughter finally take the seats next to me and give me dagger eyes for the next three hours, fun!
If this ever happens to you again, please don't tolerate any abuse and immediately inform the on-duty crew. Non-revs and their traveling companions can have their flying benefits suspended for engaging in such inappropriate behavior.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 4:35 am

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
Originally Posted by fly747first
If this ever happens to you again, please don't tolerate any abuse and immediately inform the on-duty crew. Non-revs and their traveling companions can have their flying benefits suspended for engaging in such inappropriate behavior.
you would contact the gate agent if still at the gate. The person on board holding a bunch of papers before closing the doors. Even better they may approach the passengers and remove them from the flight. There’s a way for them to report the non rev in the system

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.