Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MIA Admirals Club Question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2021, 1:56 am
Original Poster

MIA Admirals Club Question

Is it possible to enter the admirals club 14 hours earlier before my flight departs? I will be flying into MIA at 1am and I would like to shower once the club reopens around 5:30am. My next AA flight is on another reservation; however the flight departs at 8pm later that day. Of course I will not stay the full 14 hours inside the club. I'm assuming this is allowed as long as I have the credentials to enter.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 2:19 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by dfwtexasusa
Is it possible to enter the admirals club 14 hours earlier before my flight departs? I will be flying into MIA at 1am and I would like to shower once the club reopens around 5:30am. My next AA flight is on another reservation; however the flight departs at 8pm later that day. Of course I will not stay the full 14 hours inside the club. I'm assuming this is allowed as long as I have the credentials to enter.
you could enter and stay the full 14 hours if you did want to. But what are you planning to do between 1am and 5:30am? Why not just get an inexpensive airport hotel room. Also FYI showers aren’t available for use right now.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 6:00 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
As long as the OP has a same day flight but as noted showers are closed. Given the length of time the OP should get on PL or HW and find a hotel room.
wrp96, River in Sight and jtav559 like this.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 8:23 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Agreed.

Showers are still closed at MIA.

Get a hotel room and ask for late checkout.
You could get some decent sleep, a shower, and then head to AC mid-afternoon and STILL have plenty of time to spend watching the tarmac from the lounge while enjoying some guacamole.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Nap between 1-5:30am. However, with the showers still closed a budget hotel is my other option.
Thanks for chiming in!
Old Jun 11, 2021, 9:53 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by dfwtexasusa
I would not even consider this. You will be bored to death. I would get to the beach, find a decent hotel there, have a good night's sleep (in) and enjoy the day at the beach before heading back to the airport.
LovePrunes and miadukes like this.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
OP make sure your camera is on movie mode so you can grab the inevitable brawl!
Geordie405 and donotblink like this.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 10:36 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Pre COVID from time to time when I would have a Saturday AM flight but would be out late on Friday knowing I wouldn't get much sleep I head to MIA. Security (at least back then) was open 24 hours a day. I'd settle in a empty gate area around 1AM, watch a movie and at 4:30AM head to the AC for a shower and breakfast (pre COVID opening).

However, based on what I see at that airport now there's no way, no way I'd ever do that again.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 10:53 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George
As long as the OP has a same day flight but as noted showers are closed. Given the length of time the OP should get on PL or HW and find a hotel room.
PL? HW?
Old Jun 11, 2021, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by jcatman
PL? HW?
Hi,

As a guess;
PL= Priceline
HW Hotwire

Regards

TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.