Community
Wiki Posts
Search

June 2021 EQM/EQD Boosts

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2021, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum / Hilton Diamond / MGM Gold
This is a great mid year promotion. The 3,000 EQDs posted to my account immediately and I received an email from AA stating that I had qualified for the pick a gift for reaching PP. I am not sure which of the free gifts is the most beneficial. I am sitting on 4 SWUs so the 25,000 miles would be nice or the $200 airline credit. I am thinking either the SWU or 25,000 miles since that will get me a round trip airfare. Thoughts?

I will qualify for the $50,000 spend on my AAdvantage card by the end of month, so I will also earn the 3,000 EQD and I will reach the 12,000 EQDs without my flight to Ibiza next week. EXP for another year. BAM! Thanks AA.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 355F1
What if that purchase counts as the $200 AMEX PLT incidentals?

The $495 goes directly towards EQDs, too.....$295 is not a bad price for 10k EQMs & $495 EQDs if one is close to the next level....
Yeah, I am going to be close and would consider it. $500 for some more SWUs, yes please. Stinks I won't have my exact calculation down though by the end of August when this promotion wraps.
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 4:29 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by adambadam
Yeah, I am going to be close and would consider it. $500 for some more SWUs, yes please. Stinks I won't have my exact calculation down though by the end of August when this promotion wraps.
Status buy-ups have counted for the $200 incidental reimbursement.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Anybody else getting an error message when trying to register for the per-segment EQM bonus promotion? The EQD went through but I keep getting an error message when trying to add the per-segment promotion.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Herb687
Of course EXPs won't see a 98% upgrade rate because I will already be occupying that F seat, regardless of my status!
2012-2020 . I'm batting about 98%.

if status was so worthless, airlines wouldn't have it. Either that or we're all sheep and they're tricking us.
​​​​​
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
I don't know if I am thrilled with this promotion, as I am a gold and have been debating between aiming for Platinum or Platinum Pro, but haven't decided yet on which. I have 2500 EQD and it won't be easy earning 7000 with a full time job unless I just spend stupid money on tickets beyond a reasonable standard fare, especially with international still as shut down as it is.

While I absolutely love that they are rewarding EXISTING loyalty rather than just encouraging new customers, now I am bummed I haven't hit Platinum yet and it will take me/cost me twice as much effort to hit Platinum Pro. I know that sounds counter intuitive but an existing Platinum person now has a bigger leg up on me.

Kinda bummed, is that bad? I know, yes, probably, but this almost discourages me from aiming for Pro, but at least I can now comfortably coast to regular Platinum?
And yea, I am not paying $495 for 2500 EQM, I can buy a $300 flight RT for that and earn just as much or more, thanks...
Old Jun 3, 2021, 5:38 pm

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
Hahaha - that was fun. I had no idea about this promo - I don’t often look at the promos on AA, so thanks for this Flyertalk - Just requalified for EXP for another year.
I was going to anyway. This just moved the process forward.

The EQD’s went in right away.....
Antarius likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro, Marriott Platinum
I got the same error message too but I was able to register through AA's general promotions webpage aa.com/bonus-offers/register and entered the code there. I found the code by clicking on Terms and Conditions on the Promotions page.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 8:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat, UA Silver, Delta Silver
Not particular exciting offer for me.

Up to 2,500 EQM. 250 EQM per segment flown up to 10 times by Aug 31st.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 10:22 pm

if you register for the extra EQM's in the promo, are these BONUS EQM's in addition to the normal EQM's we will earn?
If I can earn extra 1000 per segment but my one segment was 2000, would I earn 3000 EQMs?
can't imagine the lower "bonus" would override the normal rate, but its not clear how this is calculated
Old Jun 3, 2021, 10:32 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by ryan182
has anyone verified if it does? I never get any value from that since they cutoff the gift card loophole
1. You can buy 500-mile upgrade instruments just in case you don't make EXP in the future.

2. You can change your designated airline to United Airlines and buy day passes online to the United lounge.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 11:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
if you register for the extra EQM's in the promo, are these BONUS EQM's in addition to the normal EQM's we will earn?
If I can earn extra 1000 per segment but my one segment was 2000, would I earn 3000 EQMs?
can't imagine the lower "bonus" would override the normal rate, but its not clear how this is calculated
Yes, they are bonus EQMs in addition to the normal amount of EQMs you would earn per segment. Even Dougie isn't so bad as to design a promotion where you potentially end up earning less than you otherwise would have received.

-FlyerBeek
LovePrunes likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 12:13 am

Great to see something good coming out of American with their status program. I was seriously considering a switch to DL next year but now I think I'll stay. I already got the EQD waiver and was going to hit PP for my first time by late Fall, so this promotion just gets me there a month or two sooner. Now I will have the EQM's for EXP by start of Fall but no way to even get close on EQD's. :/
Old Jun 4, 2021, 9:38 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by SFTNYC
Anybody else getting an error message when trying to register for the per-segment EQM bonus promotion? The EQD went through but I keep getting an error message when trying to add the per-segment promotion.
Yes. I ended up reaching out to AA over Twitter and they registered me on their end. It looks like another poster was able to do so by going to the general promotion registration page (which I tried to do, but it's been some time and I couldn't find it).
Old Jun 4, 2021, 10:05 am

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by jcain
$495 is a no-brainer if it gets you from PPRO to EXP. I'd pay double that for 4 SWUs.
I did it. I was 10K miles away from 120K miles and that $495.00 was worth it for the 2 SWUs I got. Now, whether I can use them will be another discussion all together....

Now I need to work on my Delta challenge.......
355F1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.