Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Aircraft changes (downgauging) are a coming :(

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aircraft changes (downgauging) are a coming :(

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2021, 7:47 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JBKettle
I couldn't find a source in 30 seconds or less, but AA has said all along that the 319s are keeping AVOD because of their international runs.
And AA never changes its mind?
Old May 22, 2021, 8:27 am

Programs: Some/Most/All
Can't argue that, can I? But I think that after UA's announcement the other day, if AA changes their mind, it will be to add some AVOD back. Of course, AA has been known to double-down in the wrong direction, too...
Old May 22, 2021, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by JBKettle
Can't argue that, can I? But I think that after UA's announcement the other day, if AA changes their mind, it will be to add some AVOD back. Of course, AA has been known to double-down in the wrong direction, too...
I don't think you're going to see the return of many passenger amenities such as AVOD until the departure of dear Dougie.
Old May 23, 2021, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by atbPy
I would take the E175 over the A319 and A320. I love the A321 though. Sucks you are getting the two worst.
I agree with this almost entirely. The only plus in my mind to an A319 is there is virtually no gate crowding for Group 1 given there are only 8 pax at the pointy end. Bonus if you have a good stew in F, you can get some hyper-attentiveness.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.