Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who misses the freshly baked AA cookies

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2021, 6:25 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, 1MM, Bonsai Plat-Pro, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Oh the problems we had in 2019! Please take me back there. Too little cookie variation and too few ice cream sundae flavors!

-FlyerBeek
AMEN! and let us not forget the Ratio of Almonds to Cashews, and the temperature of the Ramekins RT
renila likes this.
Old May 16, 2021, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by Eyenigma
If by "freshly baked" you mean freshly microwaved / reheated? You don't really think they were cooking raw cookie dough in FC... do you?
Do they even have microwave ovens in the galley?
Old May 16, 2021, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by abdawson1
Do they even have microwave ovens in the galley?
No, only ovens.

As noted, pre-merger the cookies were actually from raw dough and baked in the ovens on board the plane.
LovePrunes likes this.

Last edited by cmd320; May 16, 2021 at 9:57 am
Old May 16, 2021, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by roadtriper
I actually use to Despise the Baked On Board Chocolate Chip Cookies! "Back in the Day" when they were baking cookies on board, I was always on the other side of the Curtain! Cookie Torture! RT
I could never understand why they didn't bake loads more and walk a tray through Y and sell them for $1 or so. Easy supplemental revenue.
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old May 16, 2021, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by NDFan
I could never understand why they didn't bake loads more and walk a tray through Y and sell them for $1 or so. Easy supplemental revenue.
Good question. I was once on a 757 flight sitting at the 2R door right across from the FA (this was a domestic 757 where the F cabin extended all the way from the front of the plane to the mid cabin lav at 2L/R. She was a great FA and offered some of the leftover F cookies to the seats right around the 2L/R doors.

My guess would be from a volume point of view, there just wouldn't be enough oven space on domestic planes to bake enough cookies to make it worthwhile, but I'm not really sure.
Old May 16, 2021, 9:05 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
But that would require FAs to, you know, actually do more work instead of playing Candy Crush.
cmd320 likes this.
Old May 16, 2021, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by cmd320
On, only ovens.

and those ovens have been busy as ever making nice, hot crew meals during this pandemic.

Old May 16, 2021, 9:09 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George
Not the cookie but Dollar General, of all places, has a bag of nuts for $1.25 that while not warm rivals the nut mix AA used to have in F/J. I take them along to add to my sandwich.

Now my advise if you go to Dollar General go there as soon as the place opens. If you go in there during the afternoon or evening it might be a 45 minute check out. Always some 90 year old with coupons galore that argues with the cashier over the price of every item.
Is it that hard to 'rival' the AA nut mix? Those nuts were so mediocre.
Antarius likes this.
Old May 16, 2021, 9:23 am

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
Why do that when instead they could hand out CC forms and do those lovely precursory announcements?
Old May 16, 2021, 10:52 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by cmd320
No, only ovens.

As noted, pre-merger the cookies were actually from raw dough and baked in the ovens on board the plane.
Were the flight attendants measuring sugar, flour, putting in eggs/butter, and mixing it together? Did they grease the cookie sheet and bake them?
I can't imagine any domestic FA's making, "freshly baked cookies."
Old May 16, 2021, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aztimm
Were the flight attendants measuring sugar, flour, putting in eggs/butter, and mixing it together? Did they grease the cookie sheet and bake them?
They re-heated them in the ovens just like they do (did, sorry) the nuts.
cmd320 likes this.
Old May 16, 2021, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by aztimm
They were like the Nestle Tollhouse or Otis Spunkmeyer cookies you get in the refrigerated section at the supermarket. It's premixed and formed cookie dough that's unbaked. Pop on to the sheet and bake.

So, they weren't "from scratch", but they were freshly baked.
renila, roadtriper and cmd320 like this.
Old May 16, 2021, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by enviroian
That was post merger. Pre merger they baked cookie dough (see post above)
Old May 16, 2021, 10:58 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by enviroian
Thanks. So nothing, "fresh," about it then. I think some school kids sell raw cookie dough to make cookies (not quite Pillsbury), and I've seen it in the supermarket. But still nothing fresh about those either.
Old May 16, 2021, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Antarius
That was post merger. Pre merger they baked cookie dough (see post above)
I had no idea. I just thought the source of the lovely smell was the reheating not actual baking. Ahh...the smells we miss from the F cabins....the nuts, cookies, meals etc. When I would sit in row 1 I would watch the timer on the oven count down from 13 minutes for those nuts. Such a dork.
GlobalMatt, cmd320 and AAdamE like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.