Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who misses the freshly baked AA cookies

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2021, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Delta Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Clear
Who misses the freshly baked AA cookies

The thing I really miss with flying AA FC is the fresh baked chocolate chip cookies and even the snickerdoodle ones
Old May 8, 2021, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Correct me if I'm wrong, but AA hasn't had "fresh baked" cookies inflight for years (since the merger around 2014)? Those cookies were really good! Pre-2006, they were only offered on a handful of flights (the morning premium transcons and the daytime transatlantic flights, IIRC). Then, they pretty much became a staple on most AA flights with meal service that didn't feature ice cream for dessert (along with the premium transcon flights as a pre-arrival snack). Those cookies were great!

I was never too impressed with the reheated onboard cookies that existed up until COVID in various forms.

-FlyerBeek
seawolf and Spanish like this.
Old May 8, 2021, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Delta Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Clear
I had them all the time up until March 2020
GlobalMatt, E55 and DC9 like this.
Old May 8, 2021, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by MiamiBill
I had them all the time up until March 2020
You're talking about the pre-baked (reheated onboard) cookies. They paled in comparison to their predecessor the freshly baked onboard cookies. That being said, after over a year of COVID inflight service reductions, I'd probably be happy with any warm cookie onboard at this point. I had one flying AS last month that brought back many fond memories of in-flight cookies.

-FlyerBeek
Old May 8, 2021, 8:37 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I miss them, although it’s not the change I miss the most.
Parkdesigner, E55 and DC9 like this.
Old May 8, 2021, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton DMD, Hyatt Glob, Hertz PC
Same! There used to be some late night flights where those cookies, and milk, were the entire meal service! We used to call those, in a similar vein as "breakfast flights" and "snack flights": "grandma flights." (ORD-BOS 10pm departure was sometimes called "The Grandma.")
Old May 8, 2021, 9:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
You're talking about the pre-baked (reheated onboard) cookies. They paled in comparison to their predecessor the freshly baked onboard cookies. That being said, after over a year of COVID inflight service reductions, I'd probably be happy with any warm cookie onboard at this point. I had one flying AS last month that brought back many fond memories of in-flight cookies.

-FlyerBeek
I got one on JFK-SFO, although it was the reheated variety. AS has warmed cookies even on shorter routes.
E55 likes this.
Old May 8, 2021, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
The red white and blue cookies were my personal favorite.
Old May 9, 2021, 3:38 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by MiamiBill
The thing I really miss with flying AA FC is the fresh baked chocolate chip cookies and even the snickerdoodle ones
Fixed that for ya!
Old May 9, 2021, 5:23 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
they remind me of my transcon life back in the day. i do indeed miss them...but never the glass of milk that was offer
Old May 9, 2021, 5:36 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
If a cookie is bringing back sad memories of the "good ole days", then we really have sunk to a new low.

However, all is forgiven since I suspect that few are around to remember pre-CAB days when the one of the biggest differentiators in airlines was the service that they provided to their clientele.

I flew TUS-JFK on AA routinely back in the 70's and the standard route was TUS-PHX-JFK. The meal in coach for the long segment was a steak dinner with all the trimmings, served up with a side of cigarettes (really!)
Even short flights like TWA's JFK-STL was a full breakfast on a 727.

And we can even go post CAB.
For example, how about Continental's "Pub" flights.

I understand that flying is much more affordable compared to then, but discussing on-board "service" by comparing cookies ?? ...talk about things "crumbling"
TravelerMSY likes this.
Old May 9, 2021, 6:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Originally Posted by radonc1

I understand that flying is much more affordable compared to then, but discussing on-board "service" by comparing cookies ?? ...talk about things "crumbling"
What's particularly awful is that we're talking about premium-cabin services here... I've said it before & I'll say it again - Reduce the domestic F cabin size, increase the pricing, provide proper services, proper recliners, and hold upgrades until boarding.
MiamiBill likes this.
Old May 9, 2021, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I only fly American for the freshly baked cookies, made from scratch, in flight, only with the best ingredients....It is the epitome of health and deliciousness...
Spanish likes this.
Old May 9, 2021, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Yeah, I definitely miss the actual baked on board cookies. And in the morning the biscuits for that matter. Those were actually quite good.

Originally Posted by radonc1
If a cookie is bringing back sad memories of the "good ole days", then we really have sunk to a new low.
Rest assured, at least in the US, we certainly have.
Daze, chrisny2 and Antarius like this.
Old May 9, 2021, 4:25 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Elite, Wyndham Rewards Gold
I remember the warm baked cookies in first class on an AA flight from LAS-DFW back in Spring 2019. That was the only flight served cookies like that. Other flights it was a basket of potato chips, energy and fig bars or a meal.

It would be nice to have coffee and a fresh baked cookie on flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.