Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Summer 2021 Domestic Widebody Schedule

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Summer 2021 Domestic Widebody Schedule

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2021, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by allset2travel
MIA & LAX get all the action. No love for SFO
AA is really a shadow of what it once was at SFO. Seems like they’re pretty content to let B6 handle most of the heavy lifting.
allset2travel likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 3:49 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by cmd320
Now they’re ‘advertising’ lie-flat equipment as such when you go to book. Even if it’s not a guaranteed.
That's exactly my point. If I book F on a flight advertised with lie flat seats, and they swap aircraft such that there are no lieflats, I should clearly be entitled to a refund.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 7:17 am

Programs: AA EXP / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PHL
1110am PHL-MCO 787 is gone, baby, gone. Got the flight notification email today just under 4 weeks out. The 1110am section is completely dropped from the schedule, so there's a gap between 830am and 140pm now.
AA1585, a 6:15p departure to LAS on a 787 has also been axed, and not replaced with other aircraft/frequency. I was put on a connecting flight via DFW on A321 variants. I was scheduled first week of August, glad I didn't book the return redeye, which for the first time in a while was tempting on the 787.

At present (?), it appears there is only a morning direct flight either direction on a 737.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by allset2travel
MIA & LAX get all the action. No love for SFO
AA is really a shadow of what it once was at SFO. Seems like they’re pretty content to let B6 handle most of the heavy lifting.
AA's wide-body gates at SFO were under construction this winter.
I am not sure how the construction is going but according to my knowledge, the reason why AA doesn't fly wide-bodies at SFO at the moment is the lack of wide-body gates allocated to AA at this time. I'm sure they could make a special arrangement with the SFO management to use the airport operated wide body gates at the International Terminal as the A<->B concourse airside connector has opened but it might not make economical sense in a climate where most companies in the Bay Area still have corporate travel banned and when there are more profitable routes that AA could deploy wide-bodies.
allset2travel likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 10:56 am

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
Originally Posted by Flyer78
AA1585, a 6:15p departure to LAS on a 787 has also been axed, and not replaced with other aircraft/frequency. I was put on a connecting flight via DFW on A321 variants. I was scheduled first week of August, glad I didn't book the return redeye, which for the first time in a while was tempting on the 787.

At present (?), it appears there is only a morning direct flight either direction on a 737.
I was on a LAX-LAS-PHL utilizing the 787 flat bed - and at the time of booking this was cheaper than the non-stop flight. But as they have canned the 787 flight I am on the direct LAX-PHL flight with no flat bed. This booking is in July. I think I arrive about the same time.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 11:15 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
The July domestic wide body cargo schedule has also been updated to reflect the drop of LAS and MCO flights (ex PHL). It was showing them on this same PDF a few weeks ago.
https://www.aacargo.com/downloads/sc...S_Domestic.pdf

If European travel doesn't pick up in the Fall, which is the direction we're headed with the global COVID surges, we may see the widebodies come back on domestic routes. It's hard to tell if they were put on some of those routes (like MCO or LAS) for crew currency, a way to reduce overall frequencies (and associated costs) between two cities, or both.

Last edited by PHL; Jul 13, 2021 at 11:22 am
Old Jul 13, 2021, 11:22 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Yep, you nailed it!
Old Jul 13, 2021, 11:41 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
They have been playing major games with AA1585. From B787 to A321; from B787 to cancelled, from A321 to B787 to cancelled. Pre-covid they had 4-5 nonstops daily PHL-LAS and maybe one fewer coming back. Now it looks like they're down to one.

The good news is that they've been fairly flexible in reaccommodating me. When my last trip was changed, the westbound went from a 6PM NS arriving 9PM (B787), to a 4PM connection through PHX arriving 8PM (A321). They let me change to a 5PM departure through MIA (B772; B787) arriving 10:30. So it's a longer trip, but all lie-flat. On the return, they had also switched me from a nonstop redeye (B787) to a connection (A321) through PHX, but I was able to switch to a connection through MIA. Again, a longer trip but lie-flat. The LAS-MIA leaves at midnight and arrives around 7:30AM; I can take an A321 at 9AM or a B772 at noon. There's also a 2:45PM departure through DFW which is lie-flats on both legs, so it depends if I want to leave mid-afternoon or stay the rest of the day in LAS.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 10:25 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by redtop43
They have been playing major games with AA1585. From B787 to A321; from B787 to cancelled, from A321 to B787 to cancelled. Pre-covid they had 4-5 nonstops daily PHL-LAS and maybe one fewer coming back. Now it looks like they're down to one.
I see 4x daily for October PHL-LAS options I'm looking at (all A321). Maybe the reduction is just a Summer thing (or staffing...)
Old Jul 22, 2021, 11:57 am
Suspended

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
Trying to book chicago to phx but don’t see any wide body’s, am I missing something.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 12:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by united 1k flyer
Trying to book chicago to phx but don’t see any wide body’s, am I missing something.
Some intended travel dates would be helpful, but from what I can see the 787 service from ORD to PHX starts on 10/31 and is AA876 which is the 8.36 am departure.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by PHL
I see 4x daily for October PHL-LAS options I'm looking at (all A321). Maybe the reduction is just a Summer thing (or staffing...)
It's hard for any airline to forecast farther out but hopefully demand continues to improve
Old Jul 22, 2021, 1:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by Geordie405
Some intended travel dates would be helpful, but from what I can see the 787 service from ORD to PHX starts on 10/31 and is AA876 which is the 8.36 am departure.
o I thought the 787 would be around for the summer, I am going from Ord- phx in a few weeks
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:06 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

PHL-LAX looks to be on Oct schedule on a 772. AA #726 355pm. In recent years, that late afternoon flight has operated with a wide body (A330 before the pandemic) and a Dreamliner, but I don't recall it being on a 777. As this is a thread for Summer 2021 Widebodies, we may need a new one for Fall domestic wide body schedules....
dciolli likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 8:41 pm

Is the 787 coming back to the DFW-HNL flights for Sept?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.