Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Can you access the Admirals Club when flying JetBlue

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can you access the Admirals Club when flying JetBlue

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2022, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA plat, UA 1k
Any update on this? Does anyone know whether the new alliance policy allowing B6 boarding passes for access to American Flagship lounges works those who have AA/OW status connecting on an intl flight? What about guests of a AA status pax?
Old Aug 20, 2022, 12:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by TDBOS
Any update on this? Does anyone know whether the new alliance policy allowing B6 boarding passes for access to American Flagship lounges works those who have AA/OW status connecting on an intl flight? What about guests of a AA status pax?
Not exactly sure what you're asking. We probably need more details.

If you arrive on an international OW flight and have OW sapphire or emerald status, you may access the club (with a guest) with your arriving OW boarding pass, as long as you can access the airside of the terminal. Your B6 boarding pass wouldn't matter for club access, though that would be what would get you through TSA.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 2:59 pm

Programs: Some more than others
Originally Posted by TDBOS
Flying B6 does not provide access to the Flagship Lounge. The only AA lounge access available if you are flying B6 is the AC if you are an AC member. Standard AC access/guest rules apply.

Other means to access AA lounges are not available (e.g. AL+, QF Club, OWS/OWE, J/F) unless as prior posters have pointed out, if you are arriving at that airport from a qualifying OW flight, you can get lounge access solely on the basis of the arriving flight.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 8:39 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by iksneznem
Has anyone had success with guest access when both the member + guest are flying JetBlue? The guest access language makes me think it's a no go - i.e. JetBlue is not "American or any oneworld airline."
Following up on this with my data point - companion and I had no issues accessing the AC when on a JetBlue marketed and operated ticket.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 4:28 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
I still don't understand lounge access with this alliance... I just booked B6 1316, LAX to JFK, leaving at 11:59 PM in January. I booked using AAdvantage points into Mint (65K one way, pretty good deal IMO); I don't believe this flight is a codeshare (it shows a B6 flight number on the American website). I will be arriving to LAX from Hawaii on a separate airline, but I don't think that has any relevance to my question. I hold a Citi AA Executive Card, so I am an Admirals Clubs member via that route.

1) Do JetBlue and American Airlines share Terminals at LAX? It's been a couple of years since I have flown either airline out of LAX, and I know a lot of the terminals/airlines have changed

2) Do I have access to the regular Admirals Club while on this JetBlue flight by virtue of my Citi card?

3) Do I have access to the Flagship Lounge while on this JetBlue flight by virtue of booking a business class transcon flight on JetBlue?

Looking at the AA/Jetblue schedule, it is obvious American is letting JetBlue take the later transcons. It would be frustrating if American's premium customers couldn't access services like Flagship Lounge because they had to take the JetBlue flight instead of the AA flight.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 4:56 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by Adelphos
1) Do JetBlue and American Airlines share Terminals at LAX? It's been a couple of years since I have flown either airline out of LAX, and I know a lot of the terminals/airlines have changed
Yes, jetBlue operates from Terminal 5, and there is an Admirals Club there.

2) Do I have access to the regular Admirals Club while on this JetBlue flight by virtue of my Citi card?
Yes, flights marketed and operated by B6 qualify for Admirals club access for AC members.

3) Do I have access to the Flagship Lounge while on this JetBlue flight by virtue of booking a business class transcon flight on JetBlue?

Looking at the AA/Jetblue schedule, it is obvious American is letting JetBlue take the later transcons. It would be frustrating if American's premium customers couldn't access services like Flagship Lounge because they had to take the JetBlue flight instead of the AA flight.
Mint customers do not have access to either the Flagship or Admirals lounges. AA is operating up to 9 flights a day on their own aircraft (including 1pm, 3pm, 10pm and 11pm weekday departures)--I don't think they would concede that customers wanting later departures are getting shunted to jetBlue. Despite the codeshares on transcon flghts, the carriers are very much competitors, and access is not permitted on B6-operated flights.
Adelphos likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 5:11 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Thanks. AA isn't running the 11 PM on my weekday, maybe it is too early in January for it
Old Dec 3, 2022, 7:13 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Thanks. AA isn't running the 11 PM on my weekday, maybe it is too early in January for it
Yes, that's it. Looking at schedules, the AA build up phases in from 07JAN to 10JAN.

Last edited by NYC Flyer; Dec 3, 2022 at 7:14 pm Reason: gr
Old Dec 3, 2022, 7:57 pm

I still don't understand lounge access with this alliance... I just booked B6 1316, LAX to JFK, leaving at 11:59 PM in January...... I hold a Citi AA Executive Card, so I am an Admirals Clubs member via that route.....

2) Do I have access to the regular Admirals Club while on this JetBlue flight by virtue of my Citi card? YES

3) Do I have access to the Flagship Lounge while on this JetBlue flight by virtue of booking a business class transcon flight on JetBlue? NO
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
Yes, flights marketed and operated by B6 qualify for Admirals club access for AC members.

Mint customers do not have access to either the Flagship or Admirals lounges. Despite the codeshares on transcon flghts, the carriers are very much competitors, and access is not permitted on B6-operated flights.
you have access to the AAdmirals club because you have a citi exec world MC that gets you in when flying on Jetblue. Mint doesnt disqualify you, but neither would it get someone in without the card you have (or a club membership without the MC)
Old Feb 15, 2023, 5:11 pm

Thumbs down Admirals Club and AA JetBlue codeshare

I am not impressed. I don’t understand the point of the codeshare if the ticket is going to wholly be considered JetBlue if they’re operating. Mint is just as expensive as AA and you get less? I had a better seat and flagship lounge access on this same route a month ago. That said, they will let you in to the AC for 5900 miles or $59 with the JetBlue ticket. But really,they should be doing better than this. I never liked JetBlue, this first class seat is …well, i would be really angry if not for the fact that nobody is seated next to me. Climbing over the adjacent Mint seat would almost be as awkward as coach. Everything stated about the impossibility of mileage upgrades , seat assignments and general lack of knowledge on the part of all employees is true. Not their fault- it’s just a really messy codeshare.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 1:17 am

On the 2x2 Mint seats, it’s the same “climb over” as the flagship business seats on the A321T. Also JetBlue markets it as BUSINESS class, not first class.

On the Mint suite rows and all suite biz class LRs, you get a single seat just like Flagship First.

Originally Posted by SamanthaLaLa
I never liked JetBlue, this first class seat is …well, i would be really angry if not for the fact that nobody is seated next to me. Climbing over the adjacent Mint seat would almost be as awkward as coach.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 10:17 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
How does the dissolution of the alliance impact lounge access? Can I still access the AC with a B6 ticket as an AC member? Does the answer depend on whether I bought the ticket before/after July 20th?

AC website still says "An ‘eligible flight’ includes any departing or arriving flight that is marketed or operated by American, marketed and operated by any oneworld® airline, or marketed and operated by JetBlue (excluding JetBlue flights operating to and from Europe)." But presumably this won't last forever.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
How does the dissolution of the alliance impact lounge access? Can I still access the AC with a B6 ticket as an AC member? Does the answer depend on whether I bought the ticket before/after July 20th?

AC website still says "An ‘eligible flight’ includes any departing or arriving flight that is marketed or operated by American, marketed and operated by any oneworld® airline, or marketed and operated by JetBlue (excluding JetBlue flights operating to and from Europe)." But presumably this won't last forever.
In this exact situation and wondering also. I too see the JetBlue info posted on the website still. Ticket was bought pre 7/20, FWIW.
Old Aug 25, 2023, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds
In this exact situation and wondering also. I too see the JetBlue info posted on the website still. Ticket was bought pre 7/20, FWIW.
Same - have a trip on JetBlue early next month and hoping to still have AC access via existing membership. Anyone able to confirm as of late?
Old Aug 26, 2023, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
As of last week, the LGA Admirals Club was still admitting passengers on JetBlue flights who also had a method for AC access (in our case, an Additional Cardholder --not the primary 'member'-- of the Citibank Executive AAdmirals Club card).
murphy and jg776 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.