Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AAdvantage 40th Anniversary Contest

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2021, 9:08 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by donotblink
they may want to take some time to manually look for fraud, abuse, misuse, etc.
I think this is more likely the cause. The 8 weeks delay was more to check the eligibility of winners and sort through any discrepancies they may find.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by arollins
I think this is more likely the cause. The 8 weeks delay was more to check the eligibility of winners and sort through any discrepancies they may find.
Yeah, because those 40 mile prizes are sure to be scooped up by all of those ineligible people...........
I wished they would have prevented awarding MCE and Preferred seating upgrades only to people who needed them, as they are not transferable and not useful for most elites (MCE would be useful to AAdvantage Gold)
uxb likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 5:40 am

Programs: AA EP
The long posting time is because it was not done in the AA system but with an outside promo company. So basically, it is nothing different than a partner airline having to send to AA what to post. And in speaking with AA, they have to clear/get all signatures/make sure they are eligible etc for the “major prize winners” before the rest of the “winners” prizes can be distributed. The 1-800 flowers, Hyatt etc are technically a discount so fall under different sweepstakes rules.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 2:03 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Elite, Wyndham Rewards Gold
I noticed on another family member's AAdvantage account that AA automatically extended the expiration date to April 22, 2022. Originally it was July, 10, 2021 and I was hoping this promo would've extended the expiration another 18 months without needing to buy anything on AA shopping or buying miles to extend.

When the miles won with this promo post will it extend the mileage expiration for another 18 months?
Old Jun 17, 2021, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by whaleship
I noticed on another family member's AAdvantage account that AA automatically extended the expiration date to April 22, 2022. Originally it was July, 10, 2021 and I was hoping this promo would've extended the expiration another 18 months without needing to buy anything on AA shopping or buying miles to extend.

When the miles won with this promo post will it extend the mileage expiration for another 18 months?
Yes, because it adds miles to the account, at least in the past it has done this
Old Jun 21, 2021, 6:28 pm

HelloWorld 40th year anniversary awards

Has anyone heard about the awards after spinnig? Also, I won many miles and have not posted in my account. The original emails said between 8 to 10 weeks but wonder if it's just me or everyone as well.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, 1MM, Bonsai Plat-Pro, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by good_boy_1234
Has anyone heard about the awards after spinnig? Also, I won many miles and have not posted in my account. The original emails said between 8 to 10 weeks but wonder if it's just me or everyone as well.
They said 8-10 weeks, It ain't been 8-10 weeks... Hmmmm!
Old Jun 24, 2021, 2:47 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, WN, Hyatt, HHonors, Avis Pref+
Got an email this afternoon welcoming me to my Admiral's Club membership. Said card should arrive in the mail in 4-6 weeks but I can provide my AAdvantage number for access in the meantime if I'm traveling. I don't see any miles or indication of the AC membership in my online account yet but that could happen after overnight processing.
ranran likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by ZonaFlyer
Got an email this afternoon welcoming me to my Admiral's Club membership. Said card should arrive in the mail in 4-6 weeks but I can provide my AAdvantage number for access in the meantime if I'm traveling. I don't see any miles or indication of the AC membership in my online account yet but that could happen after overnight processing.
Yep, same here, said my membership is valid as of today til 6/30/2022
Old Jun 25, 2021, 12:28 am

some point have posted in my wifes account from this game happy days
Old Jun 25, 2021, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Miles had posted except 1 400 miles I assume from the AA dining spend $40 and get 400 bonus miles.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 1:08 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
My miles just posted, they are backdated to May 3rd
Old Jun 25, 2021, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by donotblink
My miles just posted, they are backdated to May 3rd
Yes. I expect that is because 5/03 was the last day one could earn (win) miles with this promo. And every single mile posted correctly to my account. Over 13,000 miles out of more than 30 individual wins. I'm happy.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by Fanjet
Yes. I expect that is because 5/03 was the last day one could earn (win) miles with this promo. And every single mile posted correctly to my account. Over 13,000 miles out of more than 30 individual wins. I'm happy.
Did you receive all the miles you won from the promo? In 3 different accounts, I am missing over 10000 miles
Bradhattan likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 3:02 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum / Hilton Diamond / MGM Gold
I did not calculate how many miles I won from the days of spinning, but 9,760 showed up this morning. They were backdated to 5/3/2021

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.