Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA "lets get checked" COVID-19 test for Hawaii

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA "lets get checked" COVID-19 test for Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2021, 10:11 am

Programs: American Airlines, Hilton
Is ID Now also a nasal swab?
Old Apr 1, 2021, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by BavarianFlyer
Yes. you pull up to the driver through window like you are getting a big mac. The clerk hands you a q tip, you swab and she counts, and then you put the q tip back into the paper packaging and you're on your way. You don't have to do a cranium scrape by the way.
D3Kingg likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by enviroian
Yes. you pull up to the driver through window like you are getting a big mac. The clerk hands you a q tip, you swab and she counts, and then you put the q tip back into the paper packaging and you're on your way. You don't have to do a cranium scrape by the way.
Excellent!
Old Apr 6, 2021, 9:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond for Life
Took my family of 4 to a Chicago area Walgreens today. Had to book individual appointments for 9:30, 9:45, 10:00, and 10:15. We all showed up together at the pharmacy drive thru and got out in 10 minutes. We had results coming in via email in about 20 minutes. No charge. I got home and uploaded to Safe Travels, and the documents were verified in seconds.

ID now is not available in all areas, but for where it is, I don’t know why anyone would pick any other option.
airmarc likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
We used CareNow in the DFW area. 15 minutes for results while you wait. Bad news if they come back before 15 minutes.

$150/test but no worries about not having that key piece of paper. Same provider at DFW that does AA's same day pre-flight tests.

Seemed the most reliable of the options at they time. No complaints.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 7:38 am

Programs: AA EX PLAT
Walgreens ID-NOW Rapid test

Found and scheduled an NAAT Rapid ID test at my local Walgreens, was free (at this time). Had results in 4 hours in my email from PWN. Uploaded and good to go for our trip this Friday!!
apeortdz, 355F1 and Beachfun71 like this.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 3:54 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by BavarianFlyer

Yep. Just did it. You only have to stick it up like one inch in each nostril for 15 seconds.

Super stoked! Results emailed in 45 minutes to me after!
Old Apr 12, 2021, 9:20 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Anyone had an issue trying to order a let’s get checked kit online and when added to the cart and you select the airport pairs, their home airport does not show up on the pull down list? I’m not seeing SAN in the list. In fact the only CA airport I see is LAX. No SFO, SJC, OAK, SAC, etc.

Also anyone had any issues ordering the kit on a codeshare flight on a 001 stock ticket? My flight is actually operated by BA

TIA
Old Apr 13, 2021, 2:00 pm

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
Went for a trial run today at a Walgreens in Texas. Got the Rapid ID test. No charge. Yeah it’s a bit painful. But emailed results in 45 minutes. Just need to coach my 75 yr old dad a bit. He doesn’t know how to use an iPhone other than text and phone call.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 7:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
On Maui now. Local media reports dated yesterday say they will begin the rumored on-arrival re-testing May 3 or 4. But have not been able to verify from other sources (not that it matters to me, since we're already here). This will be in addition to your pre-departure mainland testing.

I really didn't think it would happen since it is free to the traveler, but I guess I'm wrong.

Same news source says you CAN skip it if you bring your original vaccination card.
Old May 3, 2021, 6:13 pm

Super easy drive through with Wallgreens ID NOW and test result came back negative under an hour....can't wait for ALOHA THURSDAY!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.