Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Thank You Notes for EXPs on a Recent Flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thank You Notes for EXPs on a Recent Flight

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2021, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by argolfer
I got one of these a couple months ago, but it was written on a cocktail napkin. 😂

Even better, IMO. Felt more spontaneous.
lol same here on a regional flight a couple months ago. It was on my seat and the very friendly flight attendant had to warn me or I would have just sat down on it

while the times I don’t get the upgrade are few, many times that I am seated main cabin the first class flight attendant comes to find me and offers some words of appreciation and a drink. Have to agree with comments above of business 101 and the psychological aspects of it; with the hard realities of life and business travels at times, it just feels nice to get an extra smile and a word of appreciation for your business and loyalty. Free GT is always a plus after a fast and furious week
Old Apr 19, 2021, 6:20 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Yesterday on AA 1803 a 738 flying MIA-DCA the captain came to every EXP in F and gave them a business card and a personalized thank you and welcome as well as some flight information

This was a nice twist on the FA greeting I've been getting a lot this year.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 11:33 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
I got a thank you card in F on PHX-OGG this week as an EXP.

Had an amazing FA named Gloria on this flight taking care of us.

The new box lunch was good, as well.
jhalapin and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 4:15 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Received a similar card at my seat upon boarding to CLT, second note this year, but this being the first one already present upon boarding. Very nice touch, hoping such recognition at least in the air.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 7:23 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Stellar service today PHX-CABO in F.

SkyTeam777 and HaleiwaFlyer like this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Got one STL-LGA yesterday. It was funny because I was in the window, another EXP was in the aisle, and my daughter (GLD) was in the middle. We got notes and she didn't

ryanbriar likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by CMK10
Yesterday on AA 1803 a 738 flying MIA-DCA the captain came to every EXP in F and gave them a business card and a personalized thank you and welcome as well as some flight information

This was a nice twist on the FA greeting I've been getting a lot this year.
I'm jealous! Even as a CK, in nearly ten years, I can only remember a few times when the Captain personally thanked me for flying his airline. However, I gotta say that most Pursers have been fantastic to me.
skylady and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 6:06 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by skylady
The cards are readily available to crews in our operations. I started a thread about this in the past, when I write cards to my entire FC cabin, and see most on the floor, it makes us ask why we even go to the effort. Not as many as you appreciate our efforts.
What disgraceful behaviour. I had a card handed to me by a wonderful crew from DFW - MIA the other day. They had done a most pleasant service and we had enjoyed a couple of laughs. I think that it is a lovely gesture. I am sorry that your kind gesture was treated so badly by the rude and the entitled. The may as well have used them as toilet paper and in fact I wish they had as the edges are quite sharp!

The cynics may think that it was to solicit good reflection and praise on these questionnaires, but I am not of that school of thought. To use this rather American buzz phrase - I think that you were reaching out to them and have had that thrown in your face. Yet to me it meant a lot ,and I alone got one.
enviroian, skylady, aj411 and 5 others like this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 10:49 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
I love the notes. I dont get them often but they seem thoughtful and can brighten a long travel day.
Like any thank you card, someone spent time writing it and thinking abotu it and that is what counts. The effort
apeortdz, hbtr and WeekendTraveler like this.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 11:44 am
Original Poster

My first of the year. On a HRL-DFW E75.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 12:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CMK10

My first of the year. On a HRL-DFW E75.
And you were called Mr., not a nickname. Very classy. I hope the FA gets thanked via a Tweet to AA.
FlyFreakquently likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.