Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA targeted mail offer for 25% discount any fare including F,J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2021, 3:08 am
Original Poster

I have a AA targeted mail offer for 25% off any fare including F,J and other passengers in my trip I purchase (up to 6?) Purchase must be made by Feb 20 and must be flown by May. Any ideas on how to get max value but be safe? I can do over the water not sure where that would be safe due to Covid

Last edited by Centurion; Feb 12, 2021 at 5:33 am
Old Feb 12, 2021, 5:23 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by Centurion
I have a AA targeted mail offer for 25% off any fare including F,J and other passengers. Purchase must be made by Feb 20 and must be flown by May. Any ideas on how to get max value but be safe? I can do over the water not sure where that would be safe due to Covid
As Clint said "Do I feel lucky"???

Maybe to Hawaii, if you want over the water, but I would say that the likelihood of you getting over the Atlantic is pretty remote and beyond Hawaii is even less plausible. (unless of course there is a reason that you have to be there and the permission to go, but if that were the case, I highly doubt that you would have posted in the first place )

If you are even agreeable to flying somewhere, use the coupon and accept the small token of American's appreciation of your patronage with some gratitude.

I don't see any other airline stepping up to the plate in a similar fashion
Old Feb 12, 2021, 6:20 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Belize. Brazil if you are willing to have more risk tolerance.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 7:07 am

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
Originally Posted by Centurion
I have a AA targeted mail offer for 25% off any fare including F,J and other passengers in my trip I purchase (up to 6?) Purchase must be made by Feb 20 and must be flown by May. Any ideas on how to get max value but be safe? I can do over the water not sure where that would be safe due to Covid
Unless you were planning to take a trip already. A 25% discount on airfare shouldn’t take precedent.
fotographer likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 9:13 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I used mine (albeit less than a 25% discount) on two J tickets to DUB in April. Surprisingly the PHL-DUB flight has not yet been cancelled.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Stripe
I used mine (albeit less than a 25% discount) on two J tickets to DUB in April. Surprisingly the PHL-DUB flight has not yet been cancelled.
The chances of you sitting in a pub in Dublin enjoying a pint in April are about as likely as me having Doug Parker over for dinner.

I don't see the EU opening up until the fall I'm afraid.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Haha...But you did not see Arizona in my profile? I already have had dinner with them. His wife, G.P., is lovely .

Originally Posted by enviroian
The chances of you sitting in a pub in Dublin enjoying a pint in April are about as likely as me having Doug Parker over for dinner.

Old Feb 12, 2021, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by enviroian

Ha, ha. Yes I definitely knew it was a speculative trip when I booked it. My son is there so it's not just a pure holiday. Ireland is open to all Americans. You just need a Covid test and do a quarantine (not full isolation) that can be limited to 5 days with another test. Domestic travel within Ireland is pretty restricted, at least through March 5. I figure if those rules are loosened somewhat by April and the flight goes, then that is a sign from God that I should make the trip. There are two others in J on the outbound flight and no one else in J on the return so we'll have attentive service at any rate.
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 4:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Originally Posted by D3KingAmerican
Unless you were planning to take a trip already. A 25% discount on airfare shouldn’t take precedent.

I hope I get that offer. I've got my normal weekly flying for my business and I'll find a vacay or other use for it. Unfortunately, I've not received any of the targeted offers in the last year.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 8:24 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Help here
I read the T&Cs on the coupon and did not see an exclusion for use on an AA vacation fare (Airfare, hotel and car).

So, does anyone know whether it can or can't be used for this?
Old Feb 20, 2021, 12:17 am

Anyone have any luck reusing the discount after after AA cancels a flight, resulting in a refund on the original ticket? The T&Cs on the mailer don't specifically address this but AAgent says "use it and lose it".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.