Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Daily Deals starting 4 Jan 2021: Two amazing weeks

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2021, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chicaloca453
List of promos offered during the deal period

January 4 -> Kids fly free to the Caribbean ( Buy an adult ticket, get a kids ticket for free ) - Terms&Conditions

January 5 -- Head south for the winter and escape to warm weather destinations in the U.S. with fares as low as $49 one way*. Travel from January 12 through February 28. Select markets. Terms and Conditions apply. (airports in AZ, TX, LA, AL, GA, SC, and FL from the lower 48 states from $49 each way)
Print Wikipost

Daily Deals starting 4 Jan 2021: Two amazing weeks

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2021, 11:33 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
"Two amazing weeks" if your travel happens to be exclusively on Tuesdays or Wednesday from an MSA outside of the Top 10 in the country.

Sheesh, what a let down.
Oh ye of little faith...

Today's is a BOGO (effectively companion pass) for Valentines Weekend.

So myself and missus shall be jetting down to MIA for the night ex BWI for $56pp RT.

It's making me all nostalgic because that's the type of fare I used to pay on Ryanair in Europe back in my poor college student days!

Keep it going AA!
Old Jan 9, 2021, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Seems odd to have a Valentine's BOGO promotion that isn't good on Valentine's Day.....you really can't even call it a Valentine's weekend promo since it ends on Feb. 13th which is the first day of the 3-day holiday weekend.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Seems odd to have a Valentine's BOGO promotion that isn't good on Valentine's Day.....you really can't even call it a Valentine's weekend promo since it ends on Feb. 13th which is the first day of the 3-day holiday weekend.
I only noticed after booking that it excluded 14th, however the fare I purchased definitely was BOGO with that date included.

I suspect its a 'travel on or by' type of promotion for RTs - just clumsily worded.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 4:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Oh ye of little faith...

Today's is a BOGO (effectively companion pass) for Valentines Weekend.

So myself and missus shall be jetting down to MIA for the night ex BWI for $56pp RT.

It's making me all nostalgic because that's the type of fare I used to pay on Ryanair in Europe back in my poor college student days!

Keep it going AA!
Yeah this is a good one! Just booked DCA-PWM for $55.80 all in for 2 (mine shows $41.40 and +1 is $14.40).
Old Jan 9, 2021, 4:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Yeah this is a good one! Just booked DCA-PWM for $55.80 all in for 2 (mine shows $41.40 and +1 is $14.40).
Also the T&C's say Main Cabin only... but it appears to work in F just fine... just booked BOS-DCA for the flight back in F (didn't want to chance it on an A319), $127.40 for me and $14.40 for +1.
mcgahat likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 11:45 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
I only noticed after booking that it excluded 14th, however the fare I purchased definitely was BOGO with that date included.

I suspect its a 'travel on or by' type of promotion for RTs - just clumsily worded.
Has anyone tried a flight thats like, Feb 11 RT coming back say March 20th? Did it work?

Also the T&C's say Main Cabin only... but it appears to work in F just fine... just booked BOS-DCA for the flight back in F (didn't want to chance it on an A319), $127.40 for me and $14.40 for +1.
Is there any risk to American calling or emailing and cancelling the second pax due to a pricing "glitch?"
Old Jan 9, 2021, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
Is there any risk to American calling or emailing and cancelling the second pax due to a pricing "glitch?"
life is risky but I doubt they'd care on a $100 fare

Haven't looked to see if Flagship F is also pricing out with BOGO
Old Jan 10, 2021, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Today's deal ( 10 Jan ) is another Florida and South Carolina deal for travel on Tuesdays & Wednesdays

Here are the Terms & Conditions
US Beach Promo
  • Limited time offer. Subject to change.
  • Offer valid for reservations made in the US for nonstop flights originating in the contiguous 48 U.S. states to select beach destinations: Charleston (CHS), Corpus Christi (CRP), Daytona Beach (DAB), Panama City (ECP), Key West (EYW), Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Gainesville (GNV), Gulfport/Biloxi (GPT), Hilton Head Island (HHH), Harlingen (HRL), Jacksonville (JAX), Miami (MIA), Mobile (MOB), Myrtle Beach (MYR), West Palm Beach (PBI), Pensacola (PNS), Fort Myers (RSW), Sarasota (SRQ), Tallahassee (TLH), Tampa (TPA), Destin/Fort Walton Beach (VPS).
  • Offer is valid for reservations made January 10, 2021 from 12:01 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. Central Time for travel from January 19, 2021 through April 28, 2021. This offer cannot be applied retroactively or to existing reservations.
  • Offer is valid for travel Tuesday and Wednesday. Excludes travel on Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
  • Valid only on nonstop flights operated by American Airlines and American Eagle. Not valid on codeshare flights.
  • Stopovers are not allowed.
  • Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion.
  • Seats and days are limited. Fares may vary by destination, flight, and day of week.
  • Valid for one-way or round-trip travel.
  • Offer is not valid on all fares, including but not limited to contract fares.
  • Travel may be available for Basic Economy non-refundable fare. Seat assignments made during check-in. May not be eligible for upgrade.
  • Fares are subject to change.
  • Offer applies only to published, scheduled service. Schedules subject to change.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Today's deal ( 10 Jan ) is another Florida and South Carolina deal for travel on Tuesdays & Wednesdays
Thanks for posting. Not just FL/SC -- other bits of the Gulf coast too (MOB, GPT, HRL, CRP). What is the deal with this "nonstop only" business? They could at least list which destinations actually have nonstop service from each AA hub...
Old Jan 10, 2021, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
Thanks for posting. Not just FL/SC -- other bits of the Gulf coast too (MOB, GPT, HRL, CRP). What is the deal with this "nonstop only" business? They could at least list which destinations actually have nonstop service from each AA hub...
This one is kind of unimpressive. The fares don't seem to be particularly lower than they have been the last few weeks.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by dls25
This one is kind of unimpressive. The fares don't seem to be particularly lower than they have been the last few weeks.
Yeah I'm seeing $49 Tues/Wed on DCA-RSW, TPA, etc., but those are only ~$58 these days anyhow. No great shakes.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer

Here are the Terms & Conditions
Weird, they seemed to have removed the Tuesday/Wednesday qualifier.

Now says ;
  • Seats and days are limited. Fares may vary by destination, flight, and day of week.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
What is the deal with this "nonstop only" business?
I assume that they don't want passengers to skip connecting flights. If there was no restriction, someone could easily purchase routings like SFO-CLT-TPA, ORD-LGA-MIA for $49 and disappear at their connecting airport.
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Today's promo ( 11 January ) is another Tuesday & Wednesday promo valid only on non-stop flights, but this time it's to destinations close to a National Park in the USA

National Parks Promo
  • Limited time offer. Subject to change.
  • Offer valid for reservations made in the US for nonstop flights originating in the contiguous 48 U.S. states to select National Parks destinations: Bozeman (BZN), Jackson Hole (JAC), Flagstaff (FLG), Fresno (FAT), Denver (DEN), Redmond (RDM), Missoula (MSO), Boise (BOI).
  • Offer is valid for reservations made January 11, 2021 from 12:01 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. Central Time for travel from April 6, 2021 through May 6, 2021. This offer cannot be applied retroactively or to existing reservations.
  • Valid for travel Tuesday and Wednesday. Excludes travel on Monday, Thursday, Friday Saturday and Sunday.
  • Valid only on nonstop flights operated by American Airlines and American Eagle. Not valid on codeshare flights.
  • Stopovers are not allowed.
  • Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion
  • Prices include all U.S. government taxes and carrier-imposed fees for travel.
  • Travel may be available for Basic Economy non-refundable fare. Seat assignments made during check-in. May not be eligible for upgrade.
  • Fares are subject to change.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 8:51 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
In bed on my iPhone right now so I couldn’t copy and paste the weekly preview but it seems some interesting deals ahead. None APPEARED to be miles related (paying or earning) but you never know. I am looking forward to the 12th, 13, 14 and 16 deals. The first two are international / Europe based and the second two are business / first class maybe? based. 14 MAY be a deal on paying with miles for business or first seats because otherwise it looks similar to 16. And then the other days are just these generic destination sales again. Most excited for tomorrow or 16th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.