Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Way fewer BA/IB codeshare flights bookable?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2020, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Hello all and Merry Christmas to all of you.

Is it just me noticing AA is offering on their website, way less flights on BA/IB metal than before?

Examples:
MAD-PTY legs on IB do not show up anymore (not even when departing in other EU cities)
LGW-UVF legs on BA do not show up anymore

Exception:
BA/IB do still show up as miles awards

I'm using AA Italy website most of the time, but also AA UK and AA Spain seem to do the same. Is there a way to get those legs perhaps on other countries websites?

I could book the trips on IB/BA directly but (unfortunaly) I had to cancel so many AA trips that I must use all my credit asap.

Thanks for any hint!

Last edited by tortellini; Dec 27, 2020 at 6:22 am Reason: typos
Old Dec 27, 2020, 9:38 am

Programs: AA EP
Could be a few things. But the first thing you want to double check is that you are asking for connections and not single flights — as you know that codeshare agreement is for connecting flights only. And not all flights are codeshare flights. And not all routings allow u to book on a codeshare.

you itinerary on IB that u mentioned is to Central America. Are u connecting via the US or trying to book the IB metal flight that is direct? Make what you are trying to book even is an eligible aa codeshare.

have u tried pulling the full oneway itinerary up in EF to verify everything? Do one search for your actual date and one way way out where the schedule would be a normal placeholder and probably hasn’t been altered so to reduced flying.

also check out GF to see if when you select flights and price it — it would show at the price “also available on AA as AAxxxx, AAxxxx”

you should also look at Matrix and see if you can get an Aa* to show up in availability and price.

have U tried looking at some sort of historical schedule to know if they should be codeshare flights.

and call AA the can prob do a search to see if the *AA flights exist or should exist.

good luck!!
tortellini likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 4:28 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
I too have noticed a dearth of partner metal codeshares on aa.com when connecting itineraries are requested. I was looking at a LAX-LHR and GLA-SAN multicity routing expecting to see a load of BA metal codeshares. For the LAX-LHR leg, all I got were 2 routings on TN via CDG with a connection to GLA on BA via LHR! This was on a paid fare and not mileage redemption. The more usual BA and AA metal flight showed up in the search if I did a simple round trip to LHR from either of SAN and LAX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.