Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Krug Alert! On sale @ MIA D30 Admirals Club... and others?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Krug Alert! On sale @ MIA D30 Admirals Club... and others?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2020, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by MIAFlyer
Ordered my first (half) bottle of Krug today!

Bottle ID is the same 418038 as shown above.

Paired really well with the salmon avocado toast this morning.

Thanks again for sharing!
Awesome!

I was supposed to fly FLL-CLT-LAS today but due to IROPS ended up routing MIA-LAX-PHX-SGU (not bad for a $63.25 Amex Plat fare with upgrades cleared on all legs including flagship on the 777 TCON... cheaper than a half-bottle of Krug, lol). I only had 10 min in the AC though so no Krug for me in MIA. But if my MIA-LAX hurries up and leaves, I might have another in LAX.

I did find out that they sold 3 bottles this morning (by noon, when I popped in), so evidently MIAFlyer was not alone! I tried asking how deep the supplies were but couldn't get a straight answer. It does sound like they're selling it for just slightly above cost.
SPN Lifer and cmd320 like this.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 1:45 pm

I showed this thread to the bartender, told him that the word is getting out!

My next trip is not till February. Odds on any being left by then??
Old Dec 28, 2020, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
I wonder what their cost is on these and, being there seems to be demand, if they'll keep it on for purchase in the future.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Currently in MIA D30 and could verify that there is Krug at the bar.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
I showed this thread to the bartender, told him that the word is getting out!

Hahaha, the bartender (Tony, nice guy) said to me, "yeah, sounds like they're advertising it now" -- I guess that was you!

My MIA-LAX ended up deplaning for maintenance, so I spent another hour in the lounge from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. and chatted a bit with a manager. He wouldn't tell me how deep the supplies were, but when I asked if it was a week-or-two kind of situation he said "no, probably two months." So you might be in luck!

Originally Posted by cmd320
I wonder what their cost is on these and, being there seems to be demand, if they'll keep it on for purchase in the future.
AA is making approximately $9 per half-bottle on the Krug. They are liquidating all the FFD bottles of wine and champagne until they run out and then that's a wrap.

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Currently in MIA D30 and could verify that there is Krug at the bar.
We just missed each other! I didn't want to rush the Krug given the uncertainty of whether and when we would reboard our MIA-LAX, so I did the $11 flight of red wines, which is a great option:

MIAFlyer and cmd320 like this.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 4:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Krug is still available. Bartender told me 70 for half
Old Dec 28, 2020, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cthunder86
Krug is still available. Bartender told me 70 for half
Presumably that's after tax. (I think I paid ~$71ish at both MIA and LAX.)
Old Dec 28, 2020, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Presumably that's after tax. (I think I paid ~$71ish at both MIA and LAX.)
It’s $65 + tax
From the MIA QR code menu

Old Dec 28, 2020, 7:43 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
It’s $65 + tax
From the MIA QR code menu

anyone have any thoughts on whether or not any of the other wines are worth going out of the way for?
Old Dec 28, 2020, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by donotblink
anyone have any thoughts on whether or not any of the other wines are worth going out of the way for?
Some folks above chimed in on the Groth cab and a few others. Several really decent selections. I enjoyed all 3 on the red flight, and I thought it was a great deal at $11. But I wouldn't reroute just for that
Old Dec 28, 2020, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by donotblink
Kistler generally does some nice stuff, though I’ve only had their reds, not sure what the chard is like.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Kistler generally does some nice stuff, though I’ve only had their reds, not sure what the chard is like.
Yeah no idea, I'm not really into Cali whites

Here's the red menu btw:

SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 1:24 am

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
I've enjoyed plenty of Kistler chardonnay in FFD and have always enjoyed it. Nice flavors of lemon, vanilla, and caramel. One of my favorite chardonnays to drink by itself. The bottle price is actually quite good relative to the prices I'm seeing online.

The Groth cabernet is also very good. It is one of my go-tos for casual drinking at home and I was happy to see it in FFD.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
I'm pleased to report my purchase of Krug last week at the MIA AC automatically credited as part of my AMEX Airline Fee reimbursement two days later.

For the Krug aficionados here, the bottle I received was also from the 168ème (based around the 2012 harvest) and was drinking beautifully.

-FlyerBeek
platbrownguy and cmd320 like this.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
I'm pleased to report my purchase of Krug last week at the MIA AC automatically credited as part of my AMEX Airline Fee reimbursement two days later.
Interesting - I think I may have commented upthread about issues with this in the past. I suppose either Amex has changed tack, or my problems have been with DL SkyClubs as opposed to AC's (and possibly related to SC's operated by third parties, e.g., Sodexho, where the charge does not post with the airline as merchant).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.