Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA re-starts service between Charlotte and Honolulu, operated by a Boeing 777-200

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA re-starts service between Charlotte and Honolulu, operated by a Boeing 777-200

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2020, 5:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by whitecastle
Guessing that since this route will be on the 777-200, you’re rolling the dice on whether you’ll get an aircraft with Zodiac seats or B/E Aerospace Super Diamond in business class?
Probably true.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA EP 4MM, UA 1MM, DL 1MM
Originally Posted by whitecastle
Guessing that since this route will be on the 777-200, you’re rolling the dice on whether you’ll get an aircraft with Zodiac seats or B/E Aerospace Super Diamond in business class?
I booked 3 seats in row 1 for July. I assume these are lie flat? I know what happens when you assume!!!
Old Dec 30, 2020, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by sportsguymichael
I booked 3 seats in row 1 for July. I assume these are lie flat? I know what happens when you assume!!!
all J seats on this route are lie flat (also ex DFW and ORD!)
Old Dec 30, 2020, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by donotblink
Thank you for that information. If they cancel this flight (as some have speculated above) by July, hopefully they re-book me ex-ORD or DFW
Old Dec 30, 2020, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Thank you for that information. If they cancel this flight (as some have speculated above) by July, hopefully they re-book me ex-ORD or DFW
ORD is usually winter only, but ideally you’ll want to go via DFW. Do check PHX and LAX right now they’re doing some widebodys, but without full meal service
Old Dec 30, 2020, 3:09 pm

Programs: Bonvoy TE(LT), DL DM(Retired) 1MM, AA EXP
Did a quick/basic check, not seeing any inventory available to use a SWU on this new (proposed) flight during the summer months of 2021. Any thoughts on what that might mean?
Old Dec 30, 2020, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HawkSE
Did a quick/basic check, not seeing any inventory available to use a SWU on this new (proposed) flight during the summer months of 2021. Any thoughts on what that might mean?
AA is usually kind of limited in terms of advanced C inventory to/from Hawaii for all markets.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 3:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It is way too early to see that in general. But, RM/IM algorithms are pretty meaningless in this environment so you can expect carriers -- AA included -- to be more conservative. Perhaps the travel situation will have improved and there will be significant demand. Perhaps it won't and there will be availability. Opening up inventory this far out forecloses selling those seats later.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
ORD is usually winter only, but ideally you’ll want to go via DFW. Do check PHX and LAX right now they’re doing some widebodys, but without full meal service
Actually, you can bring your own meals from the concessions. If you want buy something. Then go ahead to get a foods at retail store or the concessions.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Specifically, all planes in AA’s fleet capable of flying nonstop to Hawaii from DFW, ORD, or points east are lie flat.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by ashill
Specifically, all planes in AA’s fleet capable of flying nonstop to Hawaii from DFW, ORD, or points east are lie flat.
Thanks. Appreciate the wisdom of the community
scoonee likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Often1
It is way too early to see that in general. But, RM/IM algorithms are pretty meaningless in this environment so you can expect carriers -- AA included -- to be more conservative. Perhaps the travel situation will have improved and there will be significant demand. Perhaps it won't and there will be availability. Opening up inventory this far out forecloses selling those seats later.
Boy, you sure give AA's lost-in-space RM team a lot of credit... the same children of the corn who are pricing J higher than F on the MIA LAX 77W flight this upcoming January. Let's see how long it takes them to catch the mistake this time (last year they took a month, haha).
cmd320 and madmanshoney like this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 10:37 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
They are running ORD-HNL in summer 2021 as well.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 4.6 MM, LT Pt, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
They are running ORD-HNL in summer 2021 as well.
This is correct. Flight 75 departs ORD at 10:20 and arrives at HNL at 14:45 local time. This flight operates all through summer 2021. The aircraft is a 788.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 6:32 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
FWIW, I am seeing lots of super-cheap award availability for CLT-HNL. Regularly 45k points one way, which seems like a pretty good deal for a 9-hour flight in lie-flat J.
twa777 and GTITAN like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.