Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Y Pax sneaks into J DFW/MIA, security flap: return to gate

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Y Pax sneaks into J DFW/MIA, security flap: return to gate

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2020, 7:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead
You do know FT is a public site? The only "leak" was by you posting here. Reporters can go and find stories on their own; they don't always have to be spoon-fed tips.
and of course , if not wanting to be part of a gossipy media piece, does seem odd to post gossip to a social media site
arcticflier likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
This was apparently a highly newsworthy event within the travel industry.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
I find it hard to believe that the FAs would not "see the woman sitting under the J seat" on a 772! Was she hiding under a blanket? Even so, nothing is allowed on the floor (in the lie-flat seat area) during takeoff/landing, as I recall. The FAs were probably doing their usual, perfunctory pre-takeoff check without really looking at anything...
Yes, she did. FA who caught her. She didn't have a first class ticket. She was not supposed to be in J class. She must stay in Y class. She could get trouble from airlines. You do realize that.

Both will not be allowed on any American Airlines flights for life. Ban them both!
Old Nov 3, 2020, 4:52 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
and of course , if not wanting to be part of a gossipy media piece, does seem odd to post gossip to a social media site
There's a difference between a social media site catered towards a specific subject and a media piece blasted to the entire world. I have a hard time believing some reporter bored combing through FT looking for juicy stores "without help."
Old Nov 3, 2020, 5:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George
There's a difference between a social media site catered towards a specific subject and a media piece blasted to the entire world. I have a hard time believing some reporter bored combing through FT looking for juicy stores "without help."
This story was posted here before Fox picked it up: https://viewfromthewing.com/american...ed-off-flight/

I wouldn't be surprised if other travel blogs had also picked the story up.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 11:52 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Ok my recount of the incident here was almost word to word to this media piece and of course the person in question was me. Obviously someone here on FT leaked what I said because I didn't post it anywhere else. I'm a little pissed someone would do that because while we enjoy entertaining our fellow FTers with the absurd things we see people do inflight we really don't want to be part of a gossipy media piece. Or at least I don't.
The same thing happened to me when a 16-year old was all huffy about being denied access to the LAX Flagship Lounge. Seems the kid was entitled to access due to his elite status, but was too young to be around open pour liquor without an adult to supervise.

So, at that time I was 64 years old and said "Here's some Life Advice." Enjoy being young while you are young. Why would you want to sit around a stuffy lounge with a bunch of old people when you can take your young body out and explore the airport? When I was 16, I loved to walk around and check it all out. Now, with creaky knees, I sit in a lounge doing Sudoku while I wait.

That reply ended up in Fox News and "trending" on Apple News. My fame lasted about 15 min.

Yes, I believe that content generators look through blogs and FlyerTalk for newsworthy items. Why not? They fly, too.
SPN Lifer, AAway, jcatman and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
The same thing happened to me when a 16-year old was all huffy about being denied access to the LAX Flagship Lounge. Seems the kid was entitled to access due to his elite status, but was too young to be around open pour liquor without an adult to supervise.

So, at that time I was 64 years old and said "Here's some Life Advice." Enjoy being young while you are young. Why would you want to sit around a stuffy lounge with a bunch of old people when you can take your young body out and explore the airport? When I was 16, I loved to walk around and check it all out. Now, with creaky knees, I sit in a lounge doing Sudoku while I wait.

That reply ended up in Fox News and "trending" on Apple News. My fame lasted about 15 min.

Yes, I believe that content generators look through blogs and FlyerTalk for newsworthy items. Why not? They fly, too.
Reminds me of the old saw about "What a tragedy it is that youth is wasted on the young."
Old Nov 3, 2020, 12:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You posted it on a public forum - post something on such a place, then it is now public
Old Nov 3, 2020, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
I suspect it was Rupert Murdoch who leaked whom I think is the alter ego of LovePrunes -when you get to his age you tend to leak and love prunes
Hey I resemble that remark!
Old Nov 3, 2020, 12:34 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by cmd320
Unfortunately I doubt we’re out of the woods yet...
This ain't for the best. My reputation's never been worse, so...
Old Nov 3, 2020, 12:49 pm

More importantly, has anyone found the lady's YouTube channel yet? :-)
cmd320 and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by pmblinn
Reminds me of the old saw about "What a tragedy it is that youth is wasted on the young."
Another take on that old GB Shaw quote was in It's A Wonderful Life - "Ah, youth is wasted on the wrong people"
But, seriously, if I was 16 and had elite status, I would want to hang out in the lounge. I had a nice conversation with Hal Holbrook in one once.
GunsOfNavarone and pmblinn like this.
Old Nov 4, 2020, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by IAD_flyer
More importantly, has anyone found the lady's YouTube channel yet? :-)
Not yet. I tried to find it. I’m sure someone will posted on YouTube video.
Old Nov 5, 2020, 2:02 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Ok my recount of the incident here was almost word to word to this media piece and of course the person in question was me. Obviously someone here on FT leaked what I said because I didn't post it anywhere else. I'm a little pissed someone would do that because while we enjoy entertaining our fellow FTers with the absurd things we see people do inflight we really don't want to be part of a gossipy media piece. Or at least I don't.
Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead
You do know FT is a public site? The only "leak" was by you posting here. Reporters can go and find stories on their own; they don't always have to be spoon-fed tips.
By journalistic standards, shouldn't they at least interview the source and/or perform other due diligence instead of copy and pasting from a public forum? Then again, it's Fox News so.... you get what you paid for.
Old Nov 5, 2020, 4:08 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
If you don't mind me asking but why didn't you alert a member of the cabin crew when you first saw this happening?

Not that that excuses what these absolute idiots did who will no doubt try and turn it to their advantage and garner sympathy (and money) from their followes
because us culture values minding one's business over snitching. it was the responsibility of the guilty parties to step up, not people who had nothing to do with their actions. plus it's not the op's responsibility to ensure PIL matches the reality on the plane. further, as a flyertalker, op has the duty to observe and report to the membership only . the op said (s)he would have told on them if the search were to take any longer, which was also reasonable. the op's non-snitch probably cost the flight 2 mins but saved the op headache and most importantly saved op being labelled a snitch. yup, it's the way of the road, Ricky, way of the road *sips admiral club lounge house wine*

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I wouldn't have said anything either....probably since I lean toward being an introvert and also the desire to stay out of it unless it was a serious safety concern
cmd320 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.