Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Y Pax sneaks into J DFW/MIA, security flap: return to gate

Y Pax sneaks into J DFW/MIA, security flap: return to gate

Old Oct 31, 20, 12:14 pm
  #1  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Programs: AAdvantage PP
Posts: 13,217
Y Pax sneaks into J DFW/MIA, security flap: return to gate

When you think you've seen it all and proving that society is becoming stupid and of course ONLY on a MIA flight was what I witnessed last night DFW/MIA in J on the 772. I was seated in 5J and during boarding the woman across from me had a friend come up from Y and visit. I saw the friend crawl under the J seat (more exactly the television console) but began to watch a movie. Well apparently the plan was for this woman's friend to remain there the entire flight as it's something they thought would drive viewers to their "You Tube Channel".

The flight was 100% full but the FAs noticed on the taxi out that one Y seat was empty and there was a purse sitting in the seat. Paxs around that seat said the woman just got up and left. So there's an announcement for this pax to identify herself or we can't take off. At that point I realize that she's hiding under her friend's J seat. I can tell the a/c is pulling off the taxiway to park and as soon as it's parked my intention is to ring the call button if this woman doesn't give herself up. She does and tries to sneak back into Y but is immediately busted by the FAs.

Chimes starting going off and the FAs announce that the a/c is going to be moving and that all to take their seats. Most of the a/c has no idea of what is going on but the Captain announces that there is a "security issue", we're going back to the gate to "take care of it" and will then be on our way. By then the forward compartment of J (me included) is crucifying the woman because her stunt is forcing us to return to the gate. She's screaming that she's being disrespected, did nothing wrong, she paid good money for her ticket and that she has a child at home waiting for her. By then she's also taken off her mask.

Supervisor comes on (not sure what's happening with the woman that went back to her seat in Y) and tells the J passenger "miss you need to gather your belongings and come off the a/c." The passenger refuses and continues to scream sans mask. In the interim the Captain bolts out of cockpit, very unhappy and tells the woman to get off the a/c. She refuses and the police show up to drag her off. In the meantime another pax in Y starts to cuss out a FA because of the delay and the police drag him off.

Later the Captain asked me what I saw and I thanked him for throwing them off the a/c. He said there were "a couple more Security concerns with them" in addition to what I saw. The FO came over then, we chatted, and I said "I gotta ask but what did Operations say when you told them why you were returning to the gate." He said the dispatcher said "Oh Lordy."

This was after we had a 90 minute delay because a catering truck had hit a cargo door. While I doubt they were arrested I hope these paxs were immediately banned from flying AA and told to find another way home to MIA. And not refunded their tickets.
MiamiAirport Formerly NY George is offline  
Old Oct 31, 20, 1:23 pm
  #2  
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Alicante. Spain
Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Posts: 15,954
What a deplorable anecdote - I'm not sure that it is more stupid than crazy. What on earth were they thinking of? Do you think that she had been drinking as her behaviour seems utterly irrational. How old were these women?

Both of them and the one who kicked off down the back should have been slung off the aircraft and charges pressed.
PUCCI GALORE is offline  
Old Oct 31, 20, 1:36 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: ASE
Programs: AA EXP, Hertz President's Circle, National EXC, Hyatt EXP, UA/HHonors/Marriott Gold, IHG PLT
Posts: 2,907
GOOD for the crew for booting these people off the flight, and I am sorry that these people's stupidity caused a delay for you!
polinka, cscasi, Flapjacks and 1 others like this.
UAPremierGuy is offline  
Old Oct 31, 20, 1:44 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Total Wine & More Reserve
Posts: 1,371
Good grief. Was the Y pax hiding at the J seat also removed?
irishguy28 likes this.
econ is offline  
Old Oct 31, 20, 1:46 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Brighton. UK
Programs: BA Silver / VS /IHG Spire & Ambassador
Posts: 12,139
If you don't mind me asking but why didn't you alert a member of the cabin crew when you first saw this happening?

Not that that excuses what these absolute idiots did who will no doubt try and turn it to their advantage and garner sympathy (and money) from their followes
Creighbaby likes this.
UKtravelbear is offline  
Old Oct 31, 20, 1:54 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,754
Originally Posted by econ View Post
Good grief. Was the Y pax hiding at the J seat also removed?
I have the same question - although OP implied that they are not sure with this:

"Supervisor comes on (not sure what's happening with the woman that went back to her seat in Y) and tells the J passenger "miss you need to gather your belongings and come off the a/c.""
LiHS likes this.
sfvoyage is offline  
Old Oct 31, 20, 2:57 pm
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bye Delta
Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Posts: 15,377
So the real question, is it up on YouTube yet?
javabytes is online now  
Old Oct 31, 20, 3:07 pm
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MCO
Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Posts: 10,720
Sounds to me like some kind of drugs were involved.
cmd320 is offline  
Old Oct 31, 20, 3:27 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Rolling Lakes Yacht Club
Posts: 4,638
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
DataPlumber is offline  
Old Oct 31, 20, 3:50 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PDX
Programs: AS MVPG, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Posts: 8,275
Originally Posted by javabytes View Post
So the real question, is it up on YouTube yet?
Yep, this is a YouTube video waiting to happen....
PDXPremier is offline  
Old Oct 31, 20, 3:50 pm
  #11  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Programs: AAdvantage PP
Posts: 13,217
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear View Post
If you don't mind me asking but why didn't you alert a member of the cabin crew when you first saw this happening?

Not that that excuses what these absolute idiots did who will no doubt try and turn it to their advantage and garner sympathy (and money) from their followes
Because I saw the one woman sitting down there during boarding, assumed she would go back to Y, assumed both were morons, started watching a movie and then had no desire to pay attention to these morons. It wasn't until the announcement on the taxi that I looked over and saw where the woman sitting in J was trying to block the view of her "friend" under seat. Even the FAs as they were doing their final safety checks did not see the woman sitting under the J seat. Yes both women were thrown off the a/c.
MiamiAirport Formerly NY George is offline  
Old Oct 31, 20, 3:54 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PDX
Programs: AS MVPG, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Posts: 8,275
Originally Posted by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George View Post
Because I saw the one woman sitting down there during boarding, assumed she would go back to Y, assumed both were morons, started watching a movie and then had no desire to pay attention to these morons. It wasn't until the announcement on the taxi that I looked over and saw where the woman sitting in J was trying to block the view of her "friend" under seat. Even the FAs as they were doing their final safety checks did not see the woman sitting under the J seat. Yes both women were thrown off the a/c.
I wouldn't have said anything either....probably since I lean toward being an introvert and also the desire to stay out of it unless it was a serious safety concern.
Danwriter, squiddz and strickerj like this.
PDXPremier is offline  
Old Oct 31, 20, 4:36 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: DFW
Programs: AA EXP; A3 Gold; Marriott LTT Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Posts: 2,745
Originally Posted by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George View Post
When you think you've seen it all and proving that society is becoming stupid and of course ONLY on a MIA flight was what I witnessed last night DFW/MIA in J on the 772. I was seated in 5J and during boarding the woman across from me had a friend come up from Y and visit. I saw the friend crawl under the J seat (more exactly the television console) but began to watch a movie. Well apparently the plan was for this woman's friend to remain there the entire flight as it's something they thought would drive viewers to their "You Tube Channel".

The flight was 100% full but the FAs noticed on the taxi out that one Y seat was empty and there was a purse sitting in the seat. Paxs around that seat said the woman just got up and left. So there's an announcement for this pax to identify herself or we can't take off. At that point I realize that she's hiding under her friend's J seat. I can tell the a/c is pulling off the taxiway to park and as soon as it's parked my intention is to ring the call button if this woman doesn't give herself up. She does and tries to sneak back into Y but is immediately busted by the FAs.

Chimes starting going off and the FAs announce that the a/c is going to be moving and that all to take their seats. Most of the a/c has no idea of what is going on but the Captain announces that there is a "security issue", we're going back to the gate to "take care of it" and will then be on our way. By then the forward compartment of J (me included) is crucifying the woman because her stunt is forcing us to return to the gate. She's screaming that she's being disrespected, did nothing wrong, she paid good money for her ticket and that she has a child at home waiting for her. By then she's also taken off her mask.

Supervisor comes on (not sure what's happening with the woman that went back to her seat in Y) and tells the J passenger "miss you need to gather your belongings and come off the a/c." The passenger refuses and continues to scream sans mask. In the interim the Captain bolts out of cockpit, very unhappy and tells the woman to get off the a/c. She refuses and the police show up to drag her off. In the meantime another pax in Y starts to cuss out a FA because of the delay and the police drag him off.

Later the Captain asked me what I saw and I thanked him for throwing them off the a/c. He said there were "a couple more Security concerns with them" in addition to what I saw. The FO came over then, we chatted, and I said "I gotta ask but what did Operations say when you told them why you were returning to the gate." He said the dispatcher said "Oh Lordy."

This was after we had a 90 minute delay because a catering truck had hit a cargo door. While I doubt they were arrested I hope these paxs were immediately banned from flying AA and told to find another way home to MIA. And not refunded their tickets.
Showcases today's society at its best. Thank you for posting! Love stories like this.
Flapjacks likes this.
asnovici is offline  
Old Oct 31, 20, 4:37 pm
  #14  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Frisco, TX
Programs: The Airline Run by Doug P
Posts: 20,621
OP but did you get an PDB?
VSLover, trooper, rayfes and 8 others like this.
enviroian is online now  
Old Oct 31, 20, 5:37 pm
  #15  
IHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: PHX
Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire, IC Amb
Posts: 4,121
Originally Posted by DataPlumber View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
another TSwift fan, I see!!!
355F1 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: