Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Where to "Add Travel Credit" When Paying for Held Flight

Where to "Add Travel Credit" When Paying for Held Flight

Old Sep 22, 20, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA: CK
Question Where to "Add Travel Credit" When Paying for Held Flight

This page:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/customer-ser...vel-credit.jsp

Indicates that when paying for a ticket, one can click on "Add Travel Credit", enabling one to use a previous ticket from a cancelled flight. See image:

I do not see this option on the "Review & Pay" page, although the rest of my page looks the same. I'm not seeking guidance on using an e-voucher. I know that is usable under "Other forms of payment". This is not an e-voucher, but rather a travel credit from a previously cancelled ticket.

Do other people see this? Could it be because there are two people in my booking, and the travel credit is only usable by me?

Thanks!
-BlooJoo
Old Sep 22, 20, 1:31 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
I have experienced this issue multiple times. Based on my experience, you will not be able to pay for this online. You can't even use it for a new ticket, as it will give an error message. If the travel credit completely covers the price of the new ticket, you can use the chat function on the app or use Twitter. If you will have to make an additional payment you will have to call it in, as that is the only place they can accept credit card information.
Old Sep 22, 20, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by thunderdeacon View Post
I have experienced this issue multiple times. Based on my experience, you will not be able to pay for this online. You can't even use it for a new ticket, as it will give an error message. If the travel credit completely covers the price of the new ticket, you can use the chat function on the app or use Twitter. If you will have to make an additional payment you will have to call it in, as that is the only place they can accept credit card information.
Thank you. I need to use more than one credit, and I'm guessing they'll have to split the booking, since I'll be using credit card for the other person. Appreciate the input!

-BlooJoo
Old Sep 22, 20, 2:10 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
I have dealt with some amazing agents, and they have done some magical things with my canceled reservations. They can apply multiple credits to the same ticket. I've even had agents take extra time to rebook future tickets at lower rates at their urging. They have also been helpful in rebooking my 2021 tickets into main cabin. I converted all of my basic economy tickets into main cabin tickets so I can earn elite qualifying miles and dollars on those trips next year.

Last edited by thunderdeacon; Sep 22, 20 at 2:23 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: