Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Executive Platinum & Platinum Pro elite benefit options survey (Sep 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Executive Platinum & Platinum Pro elite benefit options survey (Sep 2020)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2020, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
delete - looks like this was covered

Last edited by seigex; Sep 8, 2020 at 4:32 pm
Old Sep 8, 2020, 4:42 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
Either I didn’t have enough coffee that morning or the survey was even more confusing than necessary or BOTH, but I could have sworn it provided at the EXP level: for up to 2 selections of 1xSWU (ie, a total of 2 SWUs) + 1 additional (generally low value) option. If anyone can screen scrape a copy, it would be interesting to see.
Maybe yours was different or you need more coffee because the offer was 2 SWUs per section with a limit of two selections. I don’t have a copy of 7 rounds of selecting, but I did make a copy of the ranking exercise, which says 2 SWUs as an option.

Old Sep 8, 2020, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Yep. That’s definitely different from mine, where it was listed as just “Systemwide Upgrade (SWU)”. Wonder if they were testing the waters, or maybe they coded it incorrectly initially and later changed to “2 SWU”.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 8:50 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Yep. That’s definitely different from mine, where it was listed as just “Systemwide Upgrade (SWU)”. Wonder if they were testing the waters, or maybe they coded it incorrectly initially and later changed to “2 SWU”.
When did you do yours? That pic is from Friday.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 11:14 am

Programs: AA EXP
I'm getting an error message when I click on the survey link from the e-mail. Anyone else? Survey should be available until tomorrow.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by skunker
When did you do yours? That pic is from Friday.
Ah, I now see the miscommunication. Check out the OMAAT screenshot for selecting one’s preferred group of choices. Under the EXP choice, it says “systemwide upgrade” (singular, not plural), and lists in the column a quantity as “2”. Given the selection’s wording as “a SWU” and not “2 SWUs” I interpreted the column quantity as being the max number that could be selected, which I chose. The survey author created confusion by not describing the benefit as systemwide upgrade(s).

https://onemileatatime.com/american-...hoice-rewards/

I still prefer UA’s approach, as one doesn’t need to lock in benefits at the start of the year. Recognize why DL and AA prefer this approach, tho, as pax might not use up their full set of benefits.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Ah, I now see the miscommunication. Check out the OMAAT screenshot for selecting one’s preferred group of choices. Under the EXP choice, it says “systemwide upgrade” (singular, not plural), and lists in the column a quantity as “2”. Given the selection’s wording as “a SWU” and not “2 SWUs” I interpreted the column quantity as being the max number that could be selected, which I chose. The survey author created confusion by not describing the benefit as systemwide upgrade(s).
SFO I read the survey exactly as you did. It was very poorly worded and I took it to be a devaluation of SWUs as well even though I did notice they said they weren't lowering it from 4 at the beginning of the survey.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 2:24 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
no survey for me. doesn't matter. my travel budget didn't get spent this year so we will buy F/J on the best routing once we start again, which is in 30 days. non loyal flyer now. SWUs were used for the kids, so they are the ones who will miss out
Old Sep 11, 2020, 9:12 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Executive Platinum "Light"

Sent to Customer Service today:

On September 3, I received an e-mail "Share your feedback on Elite benefits". It also said you value my opinion. It also went on to say the survey would be available until September 10 at 11:59 p.m.CT. Yesterday, September 10 at at 1:00 p.m., well before midnight, i attempted to take the survey and was redirected to the dynata website, where I got "Thank you for completing the survey. We appreciate your feedback". I WAS NOT ABLE TO TAKE THE SURVEY. I then called the AAdvantage customer service dept, where I was eventually informed that the survey closed on September 9th, not the 10th. WOW! I was amazed, angry, and disappointed. Having been Executive Platinum for the last 15+ years, and witnessing the erosion of EXP benefits in recent years, and the imposition of additional revenue based hurdles, I wanted to share my opinion. Some of the blame rests with me for not being timely, but the information on your end was faulty. Covid-19 has destroyed my travel plans for this year, which was going to be almost exclusively international paid business class. I do look forward to the next survey, and flying again, but feel right now I am Executive Platinum "light" in the eyes of AA.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 4:39 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Executive Platinum "Light" reply with comments

RED IS MINE Names have been changed to avoid suspension (again).
September 11, 2020

Hello Mr.
Executive Platinum "Lite"

As an AAdvantageŽ Executive Platinum member, you are obviously, among our most valued customers (REALLY?), so it is particularly troubling to hear that you had such trouble with the Elite survey and weren't able to take it. On behalf of American Airlines, please accept my apology for this issue and for your (continued) disappointment in our (evaporating) Elite benefits.

While you weren't able to take the survey. I have recorded your comments
(yeah, right), which are made available to our leaders (?) in helping to drive change. (This is me NOT holding my breath!) It is important to us to ensure our loyal Elite members know how important their continued business is to American Airlines. (Well y'all have a funny way of showing it!) We are constantly looking for ways we can better serve (screw) our frequent flyers and offer noncompetitive rewards and so your criticism is not important to us.
Mr. Executive Platinum "Lite", your 15 years of loyalty are greatly appreciated and we hope to see you aboard an American Airlines flight soon. Pasture Pancakes!!!

Sincerely,

DELETED
Customer Relations
American Airlines
Old Sep 11, 2020, 5:59 pm

Programs: Quintessentially Elite, Amex Cent, UA* Lifetime Plat (2mm+), AA CK (6mm+)
Man, some of ya'll take these things waaaaaay too seriously. Tech happens. I'm sure AA got the responses they needed.

Might I suggest a nice glass (or six) of wine?
hhdl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.