FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Too many Executive Platinum/ EXPs in 2021? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2023518-too-many-executive-platinum-exps-2021-a.html)

Zacnlinc Oct 13, 2020 1:50 pm

I was on MIA-PHL this past Sunday. The FA disclosed that I was the only EXP of the sixteen people seated in F. She also told me that the last two people that were ushered into the row I WAS eyeing to relocating to, were gold. GA needed to upgrade people to F to get seats they needed for the lists of standby.

And if it weren't for my employer jumping into the EUA pool for COVID- 19 products, I most likely would not be traveling as well. The hell with rolling EQD's. I'm in the camp that believes that Airlines will extend elite statues into 2023 for those that qualified in 2020.

fly747first Oct 13, 2020 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Zacnlinc (Post 32745210)
I was on MIA-PHL this past Sunday. The FA disclosed that I was the only EXP of the sixteen people seated in F. She also told me that the last two people that were ushered into the row I WAS eyeing to relocating to, were gold. GA needed to upgrade people to F to get seats they needed for the lists of standby.

And if it weren't for my employer jumping into the EUA pool for COVID- 19 products, I most likely would not be traveling as well. The hell with rolling EQD's. I'm in the camp that believes that Airlines will extend elite statues into 2023 for those that qualified in 2020.

Even flights out of DFW where in the past there would be multiple CKs and EXPs, lately, I have found myself being the only CK and when the FAs leave the manifest hanging in the galley, I haven't seen many EXPs on it.

internationaltoll Oct 13, 2020 3:31 pm

With companies continuing to implement no travel polices and international destinations remaining all but closed I would think this will continue to be the case for quite some time.

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George Oct 13, 2020 6:08 pm

I don't think airlines will give another year of current status but I DO think status earning EQDs, EQMs and EQSs will be lowered again during 2021 for 2022. I'm thinking EXP will be somewhere in the neighborhood of $10K to $12K EQDs. EQMs maybe around 75K.

What I'm seeing are EXPs and CKs that are flying personal in part to beef up their 12 month rolling spend.

3544quebec Oct 13, 2020 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by Zacnlinc (Post 32745210)

Originally Posted by fly747first (Post 32745446)
Even flights out of DFW where in the past there would be multiple CKs and EXPs, lately, I have found myself being the only CK and when the FAs leave the manifest hanging in the galley, I haven't seen many EXPs on it.

As a newly minted Platinum Pro with around $7000 EQD over the rolling 12 month period (Lifetime Plat whose longstanding EP status was not reachieved for this year) I was surprised that:
1) I appeared number 1 on the upgrade list this morning for SFO-DFW and got dragged by the hair from my front row MCE seat into the last seat in First by the gate agent after boarding
2) I appeared number 1 again on the list this afternoon for a full flight DFW-MSY and received my upgraded boarding pass on boarding for the last seat in First

Seems to confirm the opinions quoted above about EPs not travelling at present - though likely some EPs were upgraded in the days before the flights

For the SFO flight there was only one other on the upgrade list below me while for the MSY flight which being under 500 miles is complimentary for lower level elites there were about 10 below me on the list.

I expect to get my 9000 EQDs this year to retake my rightful place in the EP pantheon (and in the QF First Class lounges - if they reopen in the next year!). And as a qualifying as opposed to grandfathered EP I expect to be right near the top of the upgrade list for months to come - yay me!

born sleepy Oct 13, 2020 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George (Post 32745795)
I don't think airlines will give another year of current status but I DO think status earning EQDs, EQMs and EQSs will be lowered again during 2021 for 2022. I'm thinking EXP will be somewhere in the neighborhood of $10K to $12K EQDs. EQMs maybe around 75K.

What I'm seeing are EXPs and CKs that are flying personal in part to beef up their 12 month rolling spend.

I've poked around here and there about this question: given the reduced requirements, and that my 2020 status is good through Jan 2022, do my 2020 MQD/MQS/MQMs reset Dec 31, 2021, or Dec 31, 2020? I'm sure it's the latter as I haven't seen anything about rolling 2020 MQD/MQS/MQMs into 2021 on AA.

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George Oct 14, 2020 6:23 am

Originally Posted by born sleepy (Post 32746046)
I've poked around here and there about this question: given the reduced requirements, and that my 2020 status is good through Jan 2022, do my 2020 MQD/MQS/MQMs reset Dec 31, 2021, or Dec 31, 2020? I'm sure it's the latter as I haven't seen anything about rolling 2020 MQD/MQS/MQMs into 2021 on AA.

I don't believe that dollars/miles/segments will roll over into 2021 but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

3544quebec Oct 14, 2020 10:58 am

Originally Posted by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George (Post 32746711)
I don't believe that dollars/miles/segments will roll over into 2021 but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You're wrong - but weren't when you wrote your post ;)

born sleepy Oct 14, 2020 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by 3544quebec (Post 32747420)
You're wrong - but weren't when you wrote your post ;)

Heh. Yeah, that email this morning was good news. Asking for ALL of 2020 to roll over was a big ask, but I'll take Q4.