Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA & B6 (JetBlue) enhance Partnership: codesharing, coordination, status & earning

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 14, 2021, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
American Airlines announced a new “strategic partnership” including codesharing on some routes in July 2020. In January 2021, several other enhancements to this partnership were announced, including:

”Important components of the alliance will be introduced starting in the first quarter of 2021 and phased in over the course of the year:

• Seamless customer experience
    With each element of the alliance, customers flying in and out of New York and Boston will enjoy a more seamless experience across both airlines, including the ability to book a single itinerary on either website, access to the alliance’s significant global network, convenient connections, access to loyalty benefits and an improved on-the-ground experience — resulting in a compelling proposition for both leisure and corporate customers.
  • Network alignment in the Northeast
    The alliance will offer customers the largest network in New York City and Boston, and it will enable new strategic growth opportunities for both airlines, accelerate the replacement of small regional jets with larger aircraft, while greatly expanding the connectivity between each carrier’s network in the Northeast. American will upgauge aircraft and by the end of 2021 will operate all service out of New York with first class. Starting in the first half of 2021, JetBlue and American schedules in New York and Boston will begin to be aligned to give customers new flight options, with improved schedules, better connections, competitive fares and access to more domestic and international destinations.
  • Expanded service in the Northeast
    As part of the alliance, JetBlue plans to significantly expand its service at New York LaGuardia Airport (LGA), as well as further expand in other NYC airports and in Boston. The alliance will also allow JetBlue to reactivate aircraft that would otherwise sit idle. An expanded operation at LaGuardia further advances JetBlue’s position as New York’s Hometown Airline® and accelerates the airline’s ability to recover.

As previously announced, American is introducing brand new service on from New York (JFK) to Tel Aviv (TLV) and Athens (ATH). American’s loyal customers in New York will be introduced to their first long-haul international service in more than four years, with even more new routes on the way.
  • Codeshare agreement
    Starting later this quarter, JetBlue will place its B6 code on a variety of American flights in New York and Boston. Likewise, American will place its AA code on select JetBlue flights also in at New York’s John F. Kennedy International, LaGuardia (LGA) and Newark Liberty International (EWR) airports, as well as Boston Logan International Airport (BOS). Flights touching New York or Boston from either JetBlue, American or connecting combinations of both will be bookable on jetblue.com and aa.com in the coming weeks. The codeshare will introduce JetBlue customers to more than 60 new routes operated by American and will introduce American’s customers to more than 130 new routes operated by JetBlue.
  • Reciprocal loyalty benefits
    Later this year, customers of both JetBlue’s TrueBlue and American’s AAdvantage® programs will be able to enjoy reciprocal benefits, including the ability to earn and/or redeem points or miles on either carrier making both loyalty program even more valuable. The airlines are also exploring opportunities to recognize JetBlue Mosaic customers and American’s AAdvantage elite members across both airlines. More details will be announced to loyalty program members later this year.“

Link to January 12, 2021, AA news release

As of Jan 31st, 2022 - Benefits typically do not show up when managing the booking and will show up when checking in online.

To receive elite benefits add your AAdvantage number at time of purchase, or contact JetBlue customer service to add it after purchase.

JetBlue Basic: AA elites still get free seat selection and a free bag on Blue Basic fares. All passengers are allowed to bring on board a personal item that fits under the seat. However you do not get to bring a free full size carry-on with Blue Basic except when you select an Even More Space seat.

AA Loyalty Points can take a week to post.

AA Link to Benefits page

Print Wikipost

AA & B6 (JetBlue) enhance Partnership: codesharing, coordination, status & earning

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2021, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by VFR
The IT support that jetBlue has for this is awful. No online seat selection or online check in for codeshares operated by B6...
I too am shocked at their poor, poor IT - seat selection is a heavy lift for some reason and I have been assured that my AA number is on the reservation, but doesn’t appear on app boarding pass or printed one. For many customer facing interfaces B6 appear to get right, some easy lay-ups are missed.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP; DL Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist (marriage perk)
Originally Posted by tphuang
the thought is that with high speed wifi, you can watch any movie you want from your laptop or your phone via Hulu/netflix/amazon/YouTube. Not restricted to their IFE libraries.
I wouldn't call it high speed. I was able to VPN and do remote desktop and basic work but when I wanted to watch recap of Euro 2020 game on Youtube that was not possible in high quality.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 7:27 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by US @ DEN
I too am shocked at their poor, poor IT - seat selection is a heavy lift for some reason and I have been assured that my AA number is on the reservation, but doesn’t appear on app boarding pass or printed one. For many customer facing interfaces B6 appear to get right, some easy lay-ups are missed.

The jetBlue boarding pass is pretty sparse. I had my AA number on this one (bought as an AA codeshare), but it did not show up anywhere. It credited close to immediately after the flight ended.
SK and US @ DEN like this.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Couple of fun questions Mint booking via AA "First Class"

So I bought a BOS-SFO "First Class" ticket which I fully expect maps into Mint, as the B6 price for Mint on the same flight is what I paid. Now here are the fun questions. I know I can't get a seat assignment (separate rant), but if I go into the B6 website with the B6 PNR it says the booked fare is "Blue", even though my AA receipt and website indicates First. Does this spell trouble, and some IT glitch condemns me to fly TATL coach at Mint prices?

Which brings me to the second question. The AA ticket receipt says "First (R)". But according to this table R is Economy for EQM/EQD purposes. What gives?

So far, this AA/B6 partnership is quite the headache, IT-wise.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 3:49 pm
VFR

Originally Posted by Pickles
So I bought a BOS-SFO "First Class" ticket which I fully expect maps into Mint, as the B6 price for Mint on the same flight is what I paid. Now here are the fun questions. I know I can't get a seat assignment (separate rant), but if I go into the B6 website with the B6 PNR it says the booked fare is "Blue", even though my AA receipt and website indicates First. Does this spell trouble, and some IT glitch condemns me to fly TATL coach at Mint prices?

Which brings me to the second question. The AA ticket receipt says "First (R)". But according to this table R is Economy for EQM/EQD purposes. What gives?

So far, this AA/B6 partnership is quite the headache, IT-wise.
JetBlue’s IT is pretty bad, especially for codeshares.

You will be in Mint; the JetBlue website said my economy fare was in First (?) on a plane that was all economy.

You will have to contact JetBlue to get a seat assignment. You can call, though I had quite good luck DMing them on Twitter.

The chart you linked to is for B6-marketed fares; since your flight is marketed by AA, you need to look at the AA chart. R is a discount First/Business fare that earns 2 EQMs per mile flown.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by VFR
JetBlue’s IT is pretty bad, especially for codeshares.

You will be in Mint; the JetBlue website said my economy fare was in First (?) on a plane that was all economy.

You will have to contact JetBlue to get a seat assignment. You can call, though I had quite good luck DMing them on Twitter.

The chart you linked to is for B6-marketed fares; since your flight is marketed by AA, you need to look at the AA chart. R is a discount First/Business fare that earns 2 EQMs per mile flown.
Thanks @VFR. I've been on hold with B6 for 2:23:37 so far, but I'm in no rush as I have a nice speakerphone.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks @VFR. I've been on hold with B6 for 2:23:37 so far, but I'm in no rush as I have a nice speakerphone.
Finally got through to B6. Was able to land Mint seats, which the web app still lists and who knows what. But the mobile app indicates the seats correctly, although I cannot do anything to the booking as has been previously reported.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 5:26 pm

One key to reaching out to JetBlue customer support is to Tweet them when possible. They are more responsive there than anywhere else.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tphuang
One key to reaching out to JetBlue customer support is to Tweet them when possible. They are more responsive there than anywhere else.
No Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn accounts. So no.
TSparky and Tack like this.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 6:47 pm
VFR

No Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn accounts. So no.
They also have Apple Business Chat (essentially iMessage) if you have an iPhone or iPad.
ashill, ExpatExp and Brandinho1 like this.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VFR
They also have Apple Business Chat (essentially iMessage) if you have an iPhone or iPad.
Did not know that, thanks. May try that next time.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by VFR
This has worked well for me.
NYC Flyer likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
I always use iMessage. Response is quick and helpful...and you have the conversation documented in writing just in case you need to reference it later.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 7:03 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ESpen36
I always use iMessage. Response is quick and helpful...and you have the conversation documented in writing just in case you need to reference it later.
Yes. Makes a very easy reference point in case you need it later. I have also used this on DL and it has worked well often getting a response in 20 minutes or so which is much better than the ridiculous phone hold times.
ESpen36 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Duplicate, pls delete

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.