Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good planes parked, old ones flying

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2020, 9:50 am
Original Poster

OP: I flew outbound on AA, returned on DL. All first class. Wow, DL was massively so so much better. They offered a large box of snacks, more than I could eat, and the flight attendant refreshed alcoholic beverages without being asked. This was after passing out water and mini snacks at boarding. Compared to AA where there was zero to eat and begrudging beverage service « on request. » DL had power and IFE screens. Neither on AA.

I’ve been a loyal AA customer for 30 years, approaching 6mm lifetime AA miles but DL is pulling me in.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by PaulSEA1
OP: I flew outbound on AA, returned on DL. All first class. Wow, DL was massively so so much better. They offered a large box of snacks, more than I could eat, and the flight attendant refreshed alcoholic beverages without being asked. This was after passing out water and mini snacks at boarding. Compared to AA where there was zero to eat and begrudging beverage service « on request. » DL had power and IFE screens. Neither on AA.

I’ve been a loyal AA customer for 30 years, approaching 6mm lifetime AA miles but DL is pulling me in.
You're joking right? They only give those boxes on flights you'd get a meal with AA. I don't know anyone that considers them a meal, they're normally sold as "snack" boxes in Y, during normal times. Until a week ago water was all they offered, even in F. Now you can get a beer/wine, but no soda/juice.

You also just about can't find bookable options with DL. They cut their schedule back way too much. If you can find a routing, be prepared for full Y/J fares.
JDiver, GTITAN and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 11:52 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk
And many of us at UA thank you for doing so. We are so thankful that our attempted action failed.
Theres a reason no premium airline wanted DP/US Airways.....Keep Delta My Delta!

AA unions on the other hand.....should have done their homework.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 12:58 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Agreed that the heavy check schedule impact. But I also think the calculations are multidimensional. Unless on the inside, who knows what the formula is..
I agree, but you can be almost certain that whatever the numbers are cheaper jet fuel will push the needle towards the older planes from where it would be with expensive fuel prices.

There might also be seat/capacity issues (I do not know the particular planes in question). Over on DL, they book 3-3 as 2-2, 2-2 as 1-1 and 1-2 as 1-1. This can have significant effect on some barbies (and even larger planes).
Old Jul 15, 2020, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian
Does anyone else think if AA had decided to retire the DOGS' this fall instead of last fall they would still be flying for the inevitable future?
MadDogs never die!
bchandler02 likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 9:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP
In my 5 flights on 321s in June. I was pleasantly surprised 4/5 were using the nicer AA versions, routes ranging from BOS-PHL, PHL-DFW, etc
Old Jul 29, 2020, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by henhen
In my 5 flights on 321s in June. I was pleasantly surprised 4/5 were using the nicer AA versions, routes ranging from BOS-PHL, PHL-DFW, etc
BOS DFW has consistently gotten those awful Oasis 737s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.