Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Crowd source: let's create the best AA seating plans out there

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 19, 2020, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Direct link to the American Airlines page on AeroLOPA
https://www.aerolopa.com/aa

Other useful resources
https://sites.google.com/site/newame...rican-mainline
Print Wikipost

Crowd source: let's create the best AA seating plans out there

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2020, 11:16 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Here is the first draft of the A319s. Is my understanding correct that First and Main Cabin seats have AC power sockets but no USB sockets? As always any comments, corrections etc greatly appreciated

Airbus A319 seat maps

Image: Conor Ball

There are two variants of the A319, both configured 8F 120M (including 24 MCE seats). The A319S aircraft, delivered between 2013 and 2015, are equipped with ViaSat satellite wifi offering inflight entertainment streamed free of charge to your personal device. All seats also include individual seat back screens with content delivered via the onboard Thales powered IFE system.

The second, 2016 configuration is fitted to the former America West, Frontier, and US Airways aircraft in addition to those delivered new to American Airlines in 2019. Equipped with Gogo's 2Ku satellite wifi, inflight entertainment is streamed free of charge to your personal device. These aircraft do not have seat back screens.

JDiver likes this.

Last edited by Prospero; Oct 18, 2020 at 8:24 am
Old Oct 4, 2020, 4:40 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

And... the first draft of the A320.

Airbus A320 seat map

Image: John McDermott

Configured 12F 138M (including 18 MCE seats) the A320 fleet is equipped with Gogo's 2Ku satellite wifi. Inflight entertainment is streamed free of charge to your personal device.

JDiver likes this.

Last edited by Prospero; Oct 18, 2020 at 8:25 am
Old Oct 4, 2020, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Prospero , thanks for creating these seat maps.

For your questions on the USB ports on the A319, A320, they have started installing USB ports on First Class.

Last month, I have flown with

N821AW ( A319 ) - In MCE which only had a power outlet
N660AW ( A320 ) - In Domestic First which had both power outlets and USB ports
N738US ( A319 ) - In Domestic First which only had a power outlet.

I am scheduled to fly more AA A319/320/321 this month ( October ) and I would report the data wheater USB ports were installed or not.
Prospero likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 7:45 am
Original Poster

And... the first of the four A321 seat maps

Airbus A321 seat maps

Image: Airbus

JDiver likes this.

Last edited by Prospero; Oct 18, 2020 at 8:25 am Reason: correction to A321L (LUS variant)
Old Oct 4, 2020, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Airbus A321 Transcon seat map

Image: Clayton Eddy

The A321T is the Trans-continental configuration, deployed on American's flights between New York JFK and Los Angeles/San Francisco, arranged into three distinct cabins: 10F 20J 72M (including 36 MCE)

JDiver likes this.

Last edited by Prospero; Oct 18, 2020 at 8:25 am
Old Oct 8, 2020, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

I should be able to add maps of the refurbished LUS A321 and new A321neo within the next day or two. I have failed completely in my search of the A321 Oasis configuration. Maybe it’s too new for details to spill into the public domain.

What’s the situation with the A330s? Will they return to service or destined for the boneyard?
Old Oct 8, 2020, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Prospero
I should be able to add maps of the refurbished LUS A321 and new A321neo within the next day or two. I have failed completely in my search of the A321 Oasis configuration. Maybe it’s too new for details to spill into the public domain.
I also haven't heard of any Oasis A321ceo already refurbished with the new cabin at the moment. Probably they are prioritizing other aircraft first for refurbishment. Although, it would be better if another member verifies this information.

What’s the situation with the A330s? Will they return to service or destined for the boneyard?
A330-300's are already out of the fleet.
A330-200's are currently in long-term storage and might return to the fleet.
Prospero likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 1:46 am

I have failed completely in my search of the A321 Oasis configuration. Maybe it’s too new for details to spill into the public domain.
For A321 Oasis, what about this page and the included video?
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead
Nice to know that AA has already refurbished 5 of the PMUS A321's with the Oasis product.
Although, I hope that they don't touch the LAA A321's with PTV's, power outlets, and USB ports, just for the sake of a couple of extra seats.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Although, I hope that they don't touch the LAA A321's with PTV's, power outlets, and USB ports, just for the sake of a couple of extra seats.
Haha, Doug isn't a fan of passenger amenities. They'll get Oasis/Miraged just like the rest of the A321 fleet.
jcatman likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Airbus A321 Neo seat map

Image: American Airlines

Configured 20F 176M (including 47 MCE), American Airlines' A321NX are equipped with ViaSat satellite wifi. In-flight entertainment is streamed free of charge to your personal device. These aircraft do not have seat back screens.

Last edited by Prospero; Oct 18, 2020 at 8:26 am
Old Oct 9, 2020, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead
The AA Fleet Site is a magnificent point of reference and thanks to it and the owner’s heavy lifting, my work has been a breeze. While the A321 Oasis cabin tour is tremendously informative, I need to gather additional data before finalising the seat plan.

The A321NX and A321L seat plans have now been added.

So other than the A321OA, all that remains to do is the A330-200, the new 787-8, and the 737 Max 8
cmd320, dciolli and ISTFlyer like this.

Last edited by Prospero; Oct 10, 2020 at 4:11 am Reason: Add 787-8 v2 to the to do list
Old Oct 9, 2020, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP
The AA Fleet Site is a magnificent point of reference and thanks to it and the owner’s heavy lifting, my work has been a breeze. While the A321 Oasis cabin tour is tremendously informative, I need to gather additional data before finalising the seat plan.

The A321NX and A321L seat plans have now been added.

So other than the A321OA, all that remains to do is the A330-200 and the 737 Max 8
These maps are FANTASTIC! Thanks for all your hard work and sharing with the rest of us.

Out of curiosity, are you planning to do Eagle planes too? I know in a previous post you mentioned you were focused on mainline for now.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dciolli
These maps are FANTASTIC! Thanks for all your hard work and sharing with the rest of us.

Out of curiosity, are you planning to do Eagle planes too? I know in a previous post you mentioned you were focused on mainline for now.
i wasn’t planning on doing the Eagles, but what the heck... in for a penny, in for a pound

So what are we looking at?
Embraer ERJ-140 (Envoy Air)
Embraer ERJ-145 (Envoy Air, Piedmont Airlines)
Embraer E-175 (Envoy Air, Republic Airlines, SkyWest Airlines)
Bombardier CRJ-700 (PSA Airlines, SkyWest Airlines)
Bombardier CRJ-900 (Mesa Airlines, PSA Airlines)
JDiver likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 11:48 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Prospero When youfeel these are to your satisfaction, I’ll start building new threads with updated Wikiposts for each aircraft type to replace the old, as well as leaving this thread intact.
Gringa likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.