Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA at LHR / London Heathrow In Terminal 5-B on 7 Jul 2020 w/ BA, IB

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 21, 2020, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
American Airlines has moved all operations to Terminal 5, and departs from Satellite B, effective 7 July 2020.

(NOTE: In Sep 2020, the BA Galleries B Lounge remains closed.)

AA is expected to remain until Terminal 3 is reopened once flight operations increase to the point T3 is needed, though there has been chatter about a permanent Terminal 5 presence.

AA has a dedicated check-in area at Zone C, and two AA personnel, the left-most and devices are in First Wing Security channel as well, ostensibly for longhaul F, AA Concierge Key and Executive Platinum members not needing to check baggage or have visas or passports checked.

See post #1 for a map of T-5B.
Link to PDF of full Terminal 5 map.

NOTE: As of July 7, AA Concierge Key and AA Flagship First passengers have access to the Concorde Room (terrace, currently). AA F and J, plus Executive Platinum, may use the Galleries Arrivals Lounge when it reopens later this year. CCR and Arrivals Lounge are not covered by oneworld lounge access rules.

Print Wikipost

AA at LHR / London Heathrow In Terminal 5-B on 7 Jul 2020 w/ BA, IB

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2020, 8:50 am
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by scubadu
I doubt that AA has any intention of moving back to T3 to be frank.
I think AA would prefer to remain at T5 so they can share staff with BA. From reading this thread and the equivalent thread in the BA form, it seems that AA may be subject to wherever HAL wants to put them, and HAL may send the non-BA oneworld airlines back to T3 when it reopens.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
BAs priority will be to keep as many of its flights departing from T5 as it can - especially if it moves more flights from LGW so as to preserve it's LHR slots.

It really would rather not have to pay the extra costs of operating from two terminals at the same airport.

No doubt AA will move to T5 on a permanant basis but not until T5C is extended and more likely T5D is built - but that is a long way off.

And next year I don't see the 80/20 rule being lifted for the summer season (perhaps there would be some minor exceptions) so airlines will be operating a much fuiller schedule and yes T3 and T4 will have to be reopened.

BA will have moved to T8 at JFK long before AA moves permanantly into T5 at LHR
Old Oct 19, 2020, 5:44 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
So, if I'm reading all of this correctly, is AA just a value added re-seller now for other airlines?
Old Jun 19, 2021, 6:10 am

Programs: AA EXP
Are all AA flights still arriving at T5? I’m traveling on AA100 JFK-LHR today and I see yesterday’s flight arrived at gate 35, which is in T3, and I’m assuming bussed to T5.

Disregard, I glazed over B35

Last edited by potus18; Jun 19, 2021 at 6:43 am
Old Oct 28, 2021, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by JDiver
Arriving Concierge Key or Executive Platinum, as well as those arriving in Business or First, have access to the BA Arrivals Lounge.

NOTE: CCR and Arrivals Lounge are not covered by oneworld lounge access rules.
Arriving JFK-LHR on AA in Y, do EXP's still have access to the T5 BA Arrivals lounge? If so, do they hand out invitations on board or do you show your boarding pass?
Old Oct 29, 2021, 2:19 am

Programs: OWS - AA Lifetime Platinum, BA nobody (blue)
Originally Posted by jdawg
Arriving JFK-LHR on AA in Y, do EXP's still have access to the T5 BA Arrivals lounge? If so, do they hand out invitations on board or do you show your boarding pass?
The wording on the oneworld lounge finder website suggests that this EXP benefit has gone, it's only for CK. But I haven't noticed it announced anywhere else.

It might be worth a try. There are no lounge invitation cards, just show your boarding pass.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Bump to ask if I should expect to go to T5 and use the BA lounge for an AA flight in January?
Old Nov 23, 2021, 9:46 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
Bump to ask if I should expect to go to T5 and use the BA lounge for an AA flight in January?
At the moment only JFK flights are using T5; rest are in T3
Old Nov 23, 2021, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by captaincox
At the moment only JFK flights are using T5; rest are in T3
Thanks, and yes I'll be going to JFK. T5 makes it much easier as I'll be flying in on a BA flight.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 5:59 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
Just to give an update, no issue entering the BA arrivals lounge as a EXP on a Y AA boarding pass (JFK-LHR). Agent scanned my boarding pass and welcomed me in.
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 5:15 am

Programs: OWS - AA Lifetime Platinum, BA nobody (blue)
Originally Posted by jdawg
Just to give an update, no issue entering the BA arrivals lounge as a EXP on a Y AA boarding pass (JFK-LHR). Agent scanned my boarding pass and welcomed me in.
This is interesting. I had thought the arrivals lounge was currently closed as its concept doesn't comply with the requirement for arriving passengers to self-isolate until the Day 2 test result is received.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by tjcxx
This is interesting. I had thought the arrivals lounge was currently closed as its concept doesn't comply with the requirement for arriving passengers to self-isolate until the Day 2 test result is received.
Should of mentioned this was a few weeks ago before the arrivals lounge shut down - but just wanted to throw out the data point once things pick back up.
ExpatExp likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Given the changes announced today (to be implemented over the weekend so check your travel dates and the requirements for those specific dates) ending the need for (a) a predeparture to the UK test and (b) the day 0-2 arrival test being an antigen rather than PCR I see the arrivals lounge opening sometime next week
Antarius likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 4:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
If you are flying AA First to JFK from T5, are you able to access the Concorde Lounge? I know there is normally a restriction to BA metal only, but is this an exception?
Ditto on return if connecting to BA short haul.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by HarryHolden68
If you are flying AA First to JFK from T5, are you able to access the Concorde Lounge? I know there is normally a restriction to BA metal only, but is this an exception?
Ditto on return if connecting to BA short haul.
Yep..

Concierge Key & Flagship First Access to LHR Concorde Room. Reciprocal benefit?.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.