Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club / Lounges: Openings, Closures, etc. 2021-2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 1, 2020, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AAway
Admirals Clubs began opening 22 June 2020. (Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining have no immediate plans for reopening.)

Link to AA lounge changes and updates page

As of May 7, 2021:

An update on our lounges

Admirals Club® lounges are reopening in phases with new improvements to reinforce your well-being.

We adhere to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and use enhanced cleaning measures throughout our clubs.

You're required to wear a face covering in the club, but you may briefly lift or lower it while eating or drinking.

Reopened clubs

• Atlanta (ATL)
  • Austin (AUS) – Gate 22
  • Boston (BOS) – Terminal B
  • Charlotte (CLT) – Concourses B and C
  • Chicago O'Hare (ORD) – Concourse H/K; Concourse G (re-opened August 2021); and Concourse L (re-opened July 2021)
  • Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW) – Terminals A, B, C, D, and E
  • Denver (DEN) – Concourse A
  • Houston Intercontinental (IAH) – Terminal A
  • Los Angeles (LAX) – Terminal 4, Terminal 5 and Eagle Regional Terminal
  • Mexico City / CDMX (MEX)
  • Miami (MIA) – Gates D15, D30
  • Nashville (BNA) – Concourse C
  • New York Kennedy (JFK) – Terminal 8 (in the Flagship® Lounge)
  • New York LaGuardia (LGA) – Concourse D
  • Orange County (SNA) – Gate 8
  • Orlando (MCO) – Gate 55
  • Paris, France (CDG)
  • Philadelphia (PHL) – Terminals B/C
  • Phoenix (PHX) – Gate A7 and B5
  • Raleigh / Durham (RDU) – Terminal 2
  • San Francisco (SFO) – Terminal 1
  • São Paulo (GRU)
  • St. Louis (STL) – Concourse C (Only open Monday - Friday 5am-6:30pm)
  • Tampa (TPA) – Gate 85
  • Washington Reagan (DCA) – Terminal B & C
  • Buenos Aires (EZE) - In front of Gate 8 - Terminal A
Hours will vary by location, and we may limit the capacity and offerings due to CDC guidelines or local orders or restrictions.

Clubs reopening as service centers

These locations are open as service centers and are available to offer travel assistance:
  • Pittsburgh (PIT) – Main Lobby
Hours vary by location and services like food and drinks, restrooms and shower facilities are temporarily discontinued.

Seating in these clubs is also not available at this time.

Temporarily closed Admirals Clubs

• Honolulu (HNL)
  • London Heathrow (LHR)
  • Miami (MIA) – Gates E
  • Newark (EWR)
  • Philadelphia (PHL) – Terminal A and F
  • Phoenix (PHX) – Gate A19
  • Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (GIG)
  • Toronto, Canada (YYZ)
Flagship® Lounge and Flagship® First DiningExpandFlagship® Lounges at these airports are temporarily closed. Flagship® Lounge eligible customers are welcome to use the nearby Admirals Club® in each location when it reopens on June 22.
  • Chicago (ORD)
  • Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW)
  • London Heathrow (LHR) – International First Class Lounge
  • Los Angeles (LAX)
  • Miami (MIA)
  • New York Kennedy (JFK)
Flagship® First Dining at these airports are temporarily closed:
  • DFW
  • LAX
  • MIA
  • JFK
Arrivals Lounge – London (LHR)ExpandThe Arrivals lounge is temporarily closed.

The official notification from AA on 4 Jun 2020 (link):

“American Airlines will begin reopening Admirals Club lounges in phases, beginning June 22, after making improvements to adapt the clubs and product offerings to reinforce the well-being of customers and everyone who works in the clubs. See post 61 for a recent Club experience.

The following locations (did) open June 22 with pre-packaged snack offerings and a full-service bar for customers to enjoy complimentary and premium beverages. Hours vary by location and capacity and offerings could be limited due to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines or local orders or restrictions. List updated 15 July 2020. Link to Club openings, changes.

As food and beverages are served again, these are discussed in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ug-2020-a.html

Food and drink service

As we begin to reopen, we'll have modified food and drink service. Here is what you can expect: (link to Club f&b thread)
  • Complimentary pre-packaged snacks
  • Disposable, single-use glassware
  • Full-service bar
  • Touchless menus with signage and QR codes. Physical menus will be available upon request.
  • Self-serve areas will remain closed for now.

.The following safety actions have been taken.
  • Plexiglass shields at reception and service desks.
  • Foot-operated door openers to enable touchless operation of restroom doors (where feasible).
  • Hand sanitizer stations for customers.
  • Signage and floor decals to remind customers to practice social distancing.
American will continue to adhere to CDC guidelines, use enhanced cleaning measures and provide limited food and beverage offerings to help ensure the well-being of customers and team members.”

Link to archived 2020 posts from this thread.

Print Wikipost

Admirals Club / Lounges: Openings, Closures, etc. 2021-2022

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2021, 8:47 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by S.R
At JFK, Is the AC in the satellite concourse the only one that's open early in the mornings? Or is the one right after security also an open Admirals Club in the early AM (or is it just flagship lounge?)
AFAIK, the Admirals Club right after security (next to the Flagship Lounge) does not open until 11AM.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 11:16 am

Programs: Independent
Unless something has recently changed, the Admirals Club at JFK in the main concourse is not longer there- it is all just a Flagship lounge.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 12:55 pm

Has anyone been to the AC in STL recently and can confirm it's closed on weekends??
Old Dec 1, 2021, 1:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by cmichael1279
Has anyone been to the AC in STL recently and can confirm it's closed on weekends??
It was closed on 11/21.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
It was closed on 11/21.
Darn! Thanks for the quick reply!
RAD_PDX likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 8:48 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Are there phone rooms in any of the open ORD AC lounges?
Old Dec 13, 2021, 6:31 am

Programs: AA EP, HH Diamond, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Are you sure? I thought it was mentioned in another thread that AA was providing access to a 3rd party lounge at CDG, similar to what they're doing at AMS and FRA.
Looks like the Admirals Club at CDG is open now. Can anyone confirm?

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...s/cdg-club.jsp
VaBeachGirl likes this.

Last edited by Tintin; Dec 13, 2021 at 8:22 am
Old Dec 13, 2021, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Any anecdotal evidence of when DFW flagship lounge will open?
Old Dec 15, 2021, 1:24 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by enviroian
Any anecdotal evidence of when DFW flagship lounge will open?
"Next year".
jcatman likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Tintin

I will be there later this month...the website clearly has it reopen so I hope that's correct.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Cloudship
Unless something has recently changed, the Admirals Club at JFK in the main concourse is not longer there- it is all just a Flagship lounge.
AA.com shows two Admirals Clubs at JFK....one in concourse B and one in concourse C....is the "main concourse" B?
Old Dec 19, 2021, 4:17 am
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
AA.com shows two Admirals Clubs at JFK....one in concourse B and one in concourse C....is the "main concourse" B?
Yes, immediately after you clear security at JFK T8 you are in Concourse B, then you can walk through the tunnel to Concourse C. Terminal 8 was designed so that a regional jet concourse could be added to the headhouse, which would have been Concourse A.

Concourse B has a Flagship Lounge and Concourse C has an Admirals Club. There is no longer an Admirals Club in Concourse B.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 7:39 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by VFR
Concourse B has a Flagship Lounge and Concourse C has an Admirals Club. There is no longer an Admirals Club in Concourse B.
The Admirals Club in B is now back. I was just there yesterday. (Well, it’s been back for over a year now, but when the FL reopened, that space remained an AC. I’m assuming that for the time being, they don’t need the overflow space for the Flagship Lounge.)

Also, the “Bridge” portion is now closed and construction is going on there for some sort of reconfiguration. I recall that whole area is supposed to be enlarged prior to BA moving to T8, but I don’t recall in which direction the expansion was supposed to be.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 12:58 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by dw
The Admirals Club in B is now back. I was just there yesterday. (Well, it’s been back for over a year now, but when the FL reopened, that space remained an AC. I’m assuming that for the time being, they don’t need the overflow space for the Flagship Lounge.)

Also, the “Bridge” portion is now closed and construction is going on there for some sort of reconfiguration. I recall that whole area is supposed to be enlarged prior to BA moving to T8, but I don’t recall in which direction the expansion was supposed to be.
Interesting...I had also assumed the reopening of C meant that the B lounge reverted back to FL credentials only...while I understood the need for more space in the FL, the closing of the Concourse B club had seemed a bit shortsided to me (the FL could have been laid out more efficiently).

Hopefully whatever they're working on now will preserve space for both premium cabin/elites as well as AC and AL members in Concourse B.

Last edited by NYC Flyer; Dec 19, 2021 at 12:59 pm Reason: gr
Old Dec 19, 2021, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plt , Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Tintin

Was there last Monday (12/13) and can confirm it was open. Was told at checkin it was the first day of being re-opened.
PDXPremier likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.