Upgrades on hold?

Old May 14, 20, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Upgrades on hold?

Has anyone heard if AA is going to be giving out upgrades? Rumor has it that certain airlines are forgoing upgrades at this time?

Thanks

M
Old May 14, 20, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat and Amex Plat benefits.
Originally Posted by arsintel View Post
Has anyone heard if AA is going to be giving out upgrades? Rumor has it that certain airlines are forgoing upgrades at this time?

Thanks

M
my gf got her upgrades(500 mile) last weekend out of ORD and SNA . unless this is something that just started this week? or are you takling about SWUs?
Old May 14, 20, 6:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL GM, AAdvantage EXECPLAT, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
DL is holding UPGs to FC at the gate (and also not offering anything other than water to premium passengers).....AA is upgrading at the normal windows and still offering meals on flights over 2,200 (NYC-LA) along with full bar service in FC in general.
Old May 14, 20, 11:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AANYC1981 View Post
DL is holding UPGs to FC at the gate
IIRC UA is doing the same.
Old May 15, 20, 10:24 am

Programs: AA: CK
DL is holding UPGs to FC at the gate (and also not offering anything other than water to premium passengers).....AA is upgrading at the normal windows and still offering meals on flights over 2,200 (NYC-LA) along with full bar service in FC in general.
Why did you put "(NYC-LA)"? Aren't other flights over 2,200 miles getting meals? My CLT-SFO flight of 2,296 miles lists "Dinner" in two weeks.
Old May 15, 20, 10:57 am

Programs: UA1K, 1MM,AA Exec. Platinum, Global Entry, Nexus
I've also read where airlines are purposefully blocking seats in F. On small frames like 319's that effectively reduces F to 4 seats. If so, are they blocking an entire row (stupid, as that would put four people in row 2 or are they blocking row 1-A and 1-C, 2-B and 2D? That could make sense??
As an exec plat on the routes I normally fly, I have been lucky to be mostly to be upgraded and having those complimentary upgrades go away would be bothersome.
Old May 15, 20, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage PP
AA is blocking some seats and there appears to be no pattern on whether those F seats get assigned. Some flights the first row is blocked, others they are given to those on the upgrade list. As a PP every single one of my upgrades has cleared, almost all at T-72. Given the number of business travelers not flying and that probably won't fly until the entire social distancing/mask wearing thing is over as an EXP you should be clearing just about every flight and at the T-100 window.
Old May 15, 20, 11:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BlooJoo View Post
Why did you put "(NYC-LA)"? Aren't other flights over 2,200 miles getting meals? My CLT-SFO flight of 2,296 miles lists "Dinner" in two weeks.
It was just an example routing....surely most people can figure out if their flight is 2,200 miles or more.
Old May 15, 20, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George View Post
AA is blocking some seats and there appears to be no pattern on whether those F seats get assigned. Some flights the first row is blocked, others they are given to those on the upgrade list. As a PP every single one of my upgrades has cleared, almost all at T-72. Given the number of business travelers not flying and that probably won't fly until the entire social distancing/mask wearing thing is over as an EXP you should be clearing just about every flight and at the T-100 window.
Depends on route, for sure. My CLT-SFO is J0 two weeks out. JFK-LAX same day is F0 J0 same day.
Old May 15, 20, 11:38 am

It was just an example routing....surely most people can figure out if their flight is 2,200 miles or more.
Of course, just didn't know if you knew anything about it being limited to premium TCONS.
Old May 15, 20, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by BlooJoo View Post
Depends on route, for sure. My CLT-SFO is J0 two weeks out. JFK-LAX same day is F0 J0 same day.
Given the pick up in flying my upgrade streak will be coming to an end soon. ORD is packed today. Now what really pisses me off is that AA won't open the ACs. I pay the damn membership out of pocket every year for a quite and easy place to work, clean bathrooms, showers at hubs and whatever food offering they want to throw my way. I wanted to sit in a crowded, loud terminal with outrageous food prices for garbage junk food I'd wouldn't be paying for the membership.
Old May 15, 20, 11:44 am
Suspended

Given the pick up in flying my upgrade streak will be coming to an end soon. ORD is packed today. Now what really pisses me off is that AA won't open the ACs. I pay the damn membership out of pocket every year for a quite and easy place to work, clean bathrooms, showers at hubs and whatever food offering they want to throw my way. I wanted to sit in a crowded, loud terminal with outrageous food prices for garbage junk food I'd wouldn't be paying for the membership.
Same here....the lack of an AC in hubs is getting ridiculous
Old May 15, 20, 11:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Amtrak, WN
Can confirm as of yesterday and today that AA is processing EXP upgrades at the window. Coworker had PLT upgrade processed today, as well.
Old May 18, 20, 11:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
I've been consistently upgraded at the window on AA. I voluntarily DG'ed out of a full F cabin my last flight SFO-PHX.
Originally Posted by dkc192 View Post
IIRC UA is doing the same.
Not in my experience.
Old May 19, 20, 12:18 am

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist
I'm sure AA wants business as usual more than you do. So yeah, circumstances are what they are.
​​​
renila and FAA1996 like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: