Search

Upgrades on hold?

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2020, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
tHEre'S a pANdEmiC!
Well, are things running like normal? You can believe whatever you want to believe. But airlines are acting a certain way due to this aforementioned pandemic. So until that stops, things won't go back to normal.

Again, no offense, but this is a tantrum about a really really small thing. American has much bigger fish to fry to avoid bankruptcy than prioritizing the AC for 20% of their usually scheduled flights.

Maybe cancel your AC membership if you dislike it so much?
Old May 20, 2020, 1:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by Antarius
Well, are things running like normal? You can believe whatever you want to believe. But airlines are acting a certain way due to this aforementioned pandemic. So until that stops, things won't go back to normal.

Again, no offense, but this is a tantrum about a really really small thing. American has much bigger fish to fry to avoid bankruptcy than prioritizing the AC for 20% of their usually scheduled flights.

Maybe cancel your AC membership if you dislike it so much?
Well I'm sure UA, DL and AS aren't exactly popping champagne corks because business is so good yet they have clubs opened. Maybe more than ever AA needs to preserve it's best customers.
Old May 20, 2020, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George
Well I'm sure UA, DL and AS aren't exactly popping champagne corks because business is so good yet they have clubs opened. Maybe more than ever AA needs to preserve it's best customers.
UA and DL are doing at gate upgrades and serving only water. So, win some, lose some.
ijgordon likes this.
Old May 21, 2020, 1:24 am

Programs: Quintessentially Elite, Amex Cent, UA* Lifetime Plat (2mm+), AA CK (6mm+)
Yes. It's preposterous that they're all closed.
If this is a deal-breaker, just fly someone else. Be done with it.

Or, do you secretly enjoy the subpar experience just so you can come here to 'anonymously' complain?
Old May 21, 2020, 1:28 am

Programs: Quintessentially Elite, Amex Cent, UA* Lifetime Plat (2mm+), AA CK (6mm+)
Let's be frank, you're a Plat Pro... Not exactly one of AA's bread & butter.

If CKs can handle the clubs being closed, you can too. They're doing it for good reason.

For once, don't be the frequent flier who thinks only of himself. It's a worn cliche.
ajf87 likes this.
Old May 21, 2020, 7:03 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas

If CKs can handle the clubs being closed, you can too. They're doing it for good reason.

For once, don't be the frequent flier who thinks only of himself. It's a worn cliche.
Excuse me I'm sure there's far more PP than CKs so yes PPs are AA's bread and butter. And I certainly do not need lectures from you on a virus I'm not afraid of. What I'm afraid of is unemployment but let's not real facts get in the way.
Old May 21, 2020, 7:13 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK

Well, I'm a CK, and I want the clubs open. What on earth is your point?
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old May 21, 2020, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Excuse me I'm sure there's far more PP than CKs so yes PPs are AA's bread and butter. And I certainly do not need lectures from you on a virus I'm not afraid of. What I'm afraid of is unemployment but let's not real facts get in the way.
The only fact is that AA is a business that has made a decision to close the clubs due to reduced demand and COVID. You may disagree, you may think AA is run by fools or goblins or Chairman Mao. None of that changes the only fact here.

You can move to UA or DL if their behavior lines up with your beliefs more.

This whole shutdown has brought out what people mean by "freedom". It means I should be free to do whatever I want and the world should comply with my definition.
BenjaminNicholas likes this.
Old May 21, 2020, 12:40 pm

Well, I'm a CK, and I want the clubs open. What on earth is your point?
You just proved my point

'Me, me, me, me' You're the typical self-absorbed, clueless about the airline business, frequent flier.

LIke we've all said already: Don't like how AA is doing things, you're free to leave.
ajf87 likes this.
Old May 21, 2020, 11:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HH Diamond
You just proved my point

'Me, me, me, me' You're the typical self-absorbed, clueless about the airline business, frequent flier.

LIke we've all said already: Don't like how AA is doing things, you're free to leave.
I’m also free to complain when I think things could be improved. Add me to the list of people who thinks it’s time for some of the clubs to open. I reject any premise that complaining means it’s about “me me me” as you are suggesting to others, and calling us names isn’t a particularly effective way to change our minds.
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old May 22, 2020, 12:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by hbtr
I’m also free to complain when I think things could be improved. Add me to the list of people who thinks it’s time for some of the clubs to open. I reject any premise that complaining means it’s about “me me me” as you are suggesting to others, and calling us names isn’t a particularly effective way to change our minds.
With Covid-19 almost eradicated in the USA, of course the clubs should reopen - no risk of staff getting infected. Oh - hang on it has 1,142,379 cases ( approx 1 in 330 people ) so risk of infection to staff would be pretty high methinks
Old May 22, 2020, 1:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
With Covid-19 almost eradicated in the USA, of course the clubs should reopen - no risk of staff getting infected. Oh - hang on it has 1,142,379 cases ( approx 1 in 330 people ) so risk of infection to staff would be pretty high methinks
so why do you think the other airlines’ clubs are ok to open (not to mention numerous restaurants across the country)? Don’t they have the same risk (whatever that risk may be... I disagree with your use of statistical data but won’t stray even farther off topic by debating it in this thread and I agree it’s not negligible risk)?
Old May 22, 2020, 1:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, HA PL, Hilton 💎, Marriott Ti, Wyndham/Caesars 💎, Hertz PC
You don't need a mask, you need a pacifier.
BenjaminNicholas likes this.
Old May 22, 2020, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by ajf87
You don't need a mask, you need a pacifier.
BRAVO.

Now that was funny.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.