Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Thinking to take a haircut day-trip from NYC to ATL. Your feedback?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thinking to take a haircut day-trip from NYC to ATL. Your feedback?

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2020, 12:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, HH Diamond, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Lightbulb Thinking to take a day-trip from NYC to ATL. Your feedback?

I am thinking to take a day-trip to ATL from New York primarily for getting a haircut ! There is a barber shop in ATL near the baggage carousal and it is probably open. I am 99.9999% certain that I am not a SARS-Cov-2 carrier and I have the antibodies. So I am not a risk to others. I haven't traveled since the first week of March. It will be really interesting to experience the new paradigm of travel. I am not planning to stay in Atlanta. Will try to fly-in and fly-out in the same day. I am not sure if the hotel rooms are thoroughly disinfected. It might be a good idea to avoid the hotels for the time being.

Admiral Clubs are still closed, right?

Any thought, suggestion, advice, feedback, comment? I posted a question about the barber shop in the travel destination forum. Here you have the details about the barber shop.

ATL | Is the Barbar Shop open?

Thanks. Stay safe and healthy.
Tintin

Last edited by Tintin; May 1, 2020 at 12:48 am
Old May 1, 2020, 1:30 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
i think this is a terrible idea. and i think you shouldn't do that.

is this feedback enough?
Old May 1, 2020, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by Tintin
I am thinking to take a day-trip to ATL from New York primarily for getting a haircut ! There is a barber shop in ATL near the baggage carousal and it is probably open. I am 99.9999% certain that I am not a SARS-Cov-2 carrier and I have the antibodies. So I am not a risk to others. I haven't traveled since the first week of March. It will be really interesting to experience the new paradigm of travel. I am not planning to stay in Atlanta. Will try to fly-in and fly-out in the same day. I am not sure if the hotel rooms are thoroughly disinfected. It might be a good idea to avoid the hotels for the time being.

Any thought, suggestion, advice, feedback, comment? I posted a question about the barber shop in the travel destination forum. Here you have the details about the barber shop.

Tintin
Which portion of the request is classified as “essential”?
Old May 1, 2020, 1:38 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I’m not sure what this has to do with American Airlines specifically and I’m not sure if American Airlines is operating direct flights between LaGuardia and Atlanta right now. All that being said, I don’t believe in all the travel shaming that’s going on right now, but also maybe consider local barbers that will come to your apartment— I’m sure they would appreciate the business!
Nephoi and JB OmahAA like this.
Old May 1, 2020, 1:38 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
If this is a serious post, which I doubt, let me ask you how you know you are not an asymptomatic carrier?
Old May 1, 2020, 2:00 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by donotblink
I’m not sure what this has to do with American Airlines specifically and I’m not sure if American Airlines is operating direct flights between LaGuardia and Atlanta right now. All that being said, I don’t believe in all the travel shaming that’s going on right now, but also maybe consider local barbers that will come to your apartment— I’m sure they would appreciate the business!
I’ve heard this is illegal in some states.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 1, 2020, 2:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Tintin

Tintin
What compelled you to start two threads on this topic (a TOS violation even if you were being serious)?
lsquare, RetiredATLATC and Nephoi like this.
Old May 1, 2020, 3:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

What bit of the idea sounds vauely sensible ?
lsquare and Nephoi like this.
Old May 1, 2020, 4:00 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
As this is cross-posted in the destination forum, where the topic is more appropriate, and this has nothing to do with AA, I will close this thread.

~moderator
JB OmahAA, JDiver and IzzyL like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.