Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Speculation: Which Admiral's Clubs should/will re-open first?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speculation: Which Admiral's Clubs should/will re-open first?

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2020, 7:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George
I don't expect ACs to open until June even maybe July 1.
Why......when literally every other major US airline with lounges has something open for premium passengers?
Old May 5, 2020, 7:34 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by fumje
What are the agents doing in the club reception given that the clubs aren't open?
Flying through PHL recently, I got a text from an AC agent when I landed telling me that my next flight was on time, and that they were available at the B/C front desk(s?) for assistance with flights.

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Why......when literally every other major US airline with lounges has something open for premium passengers?
To be honest, most people with AC access are probably not flying, and the CARES act does not apply to eliminating the food service contractors. Once they have an uptick of AC member bookings, and it likely has to be a decent critical mass to make it worth it, they'll probably re-open them.
Old May 5, 2020, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by VFR
To be honest, most people with AC access are probably not flying, and the CARES act does not apply to eliminating the food service contractors. Once they have an uptick of AC member bookings, and it likely has to be a decent critical mass to make it worth it, they'll probably re-open them.
People ARE flying. What about DL and UA travelers? They opened their respective clubs.
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old May 6, 2020, 6:33 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
The hub airports are getting crowded again. There's no reason AA can't open one club at each hub and maybe large outstations like BOS and SFO.
Old May 6, 2020, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Now that they have consolidated operations to the center pier at DCA, hoping they may reopen that club too.
Old May 7, 2020, 12:48 pm
Suspended

According to what some yesterday at the CLT C club told me ACs are still closed because of state restrictions and that they "hope" to have some of the ACs open for Memorial Day. I wouldn't count on it.
Old May 7, 2020, 2:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
According to what some yesterday at the CLT C club told me ACs are still closed because of state restrictions and that they "hope" to have some of the ACs open for Memorial Day. I wouldn't count on it.
Maybe in NC but they could have clubs open in TX and ATL like DL & UA have this whole time.
SouthernCross likes this.
Old May 7, 2020, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Does anyone know if the Centurion Lounges are reopened? It's surprising that AA hasn't said a word about at least minimal openings with capacity restrictions.
Old May 8, 2020, 7:12 am
wjj

Programs: Former long time AA EXP and CK - 4 MM; Now LTPL; Hilton Diamond; UA Platinum
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Maybe in NC but they could have clubs open in TX and ATL like DL & UA have this whole time.
And ORD as well. UA has kept open their club across from B6 the entire time. There is no reason AA could not open at least one of their ORD clubs. The main club between the H and K concourses is huge so social distancing would not be a problem.
Old May 11, 2020, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I'm guessing at least one will be open by Memorial Day weekend, either DFW or MIA (or both).
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old May 11, 2020, 12:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I'm guessing at least one will be open by Memorial Day weekend, either DFW or MIA (or both).
I seriously doubt it. As long as there's social distancing IMHO there will be no open ACs. Now in the MIA airport there's now restaurants open that aren't practicing social distancing. I just walked past the bar after Gate 20 and it's packed tables. So there isn't social distancing at the airport (which how could there be) just social distancing when it comes to AA spending money.
JJeffrey and brewdog11 like this.
Old May 11, 2020, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
As long as there's social distancing IMHO there will be no open ACs.
If UA and DL can open theirs why can't AA open theirs.
Old May 11, 2020, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
Originally Posted by enviroian
If UA and DL can open theirs why can't AA open theirs.
Exactly. The more things open, the more social distancing there will be. Everybody past security has to be in the airport somewhere. Just as well spread them out as much as possible and that can't happen when you have areas closed. They just need to modify the food options and open on up. Hopefully, they are open before I travel next. Not sure when that is, but guessing in early June.
Old May 11, 2020, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
With the ACs shuttered, does anyone know of a good place to work in DFW or CLT? Will be returning to the airport next week and have long layovers on the outbound and return, so a decent workstation would be appreciated. If I set up shop at a bar, I won't end up getting much done...
Old May 11, 2020, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by brewdog11
With the ACs shuttered, does anyone know of a good place to work in DFW or CLT? Will be returning to the airport next week and have long layovers on the outbound and return, so a decent workstation would be appreciated. If I set up shop at a bar, I won't end up getting much done...
Find a quiet corner near power outlets. For example: all the way down at the end of D (where some Eagle flights to Mexico used to depart). Or maybe the very end of A, where there are some workstations that look out on the walkway to the train to city.
thunderdeacon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.