Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Speculation: Which Admiral's Clubs should/will re-open first?

Old Apr 24, 20, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold

With AS/DL/UA all keeping at least one lounge open, I was surprised that none of the ACs are open. Which Admiral's Clubs do you think should/will re-open first?
Old Apr 24, 20, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Much will depend upon local ordinances. I hope that within the next 1-2 at least at the hubs one lounge opens. I would imagine hours are going to be cut, possibly less food offerings and at least temporarily no showers. There's no social distancing being enforced at any airport I've been at and certainly not on board the a/c (despite the repeated announcements of why the service can no longer be accomplished). Time to re-open the ACs.
Old Apr 24, 20, 1:44 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum Premier Elite
IMO, DFW needs to be prioritized, as many people who were on non-stops are now connecting there.
JDiver, GTITAN, Geordie405 and 3 others like this.
Old Apr 24, 20, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Hopefully whichever one I'm flying from/through/to next.
Old Apr 24, 20, 2:09 pm

Programs: DL GM, AAdvantage EXECPLAT, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
They need to do something soon....itís ridiculous there is not one DFW club open
SouthernCross likes this.
Old Apr 24, 20, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George View Post
I hope that within the next 1-2 at least at the hubs one lounge opens.
The next 1-2 what? Weeks?
Old Apr 24, 20, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AANYC1981 View Post
They need to do something soon....itís ridiculous there is not one DFW club open
I kinda thought the same thing about DFW....so strange they are all closed at such a major hub.
SouthernCross likes this.
Old Apr 24, 20, 2:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist ex-Diamond; Marriott Platinum Life; Hilton, AA, United ex-status
I kinda thought the same thing about DFW....so strange they are all closed at such a major hub.
Their choice was close up or defy both Tarrant and Dallas County official Covid health directives. Maybe they could get away with pre-plated carry-out if they tried. Dallas County has already extended to mid-May.

Both DFW and Houston metros are hot spots by Texas standards, even if only warm spots in comparison to other places in other states, but there have been casualties. Funny thing. The same places the big airports are.
Old Apr 24, 20, 3:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Right now, AA has little to do with it. Nor will AA have much to do with the order in which AC's are reopened.

Most of the US is subject to various state & local emergency orders and I have yet to see one which exempts air carrier clubs as "essential."

As those restrictions are removed and as onsite liquor service is restored, AA can then make the business decision.
ashill and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old Apr 24, 20, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jayer View Post
Their choice was close up or defy both Tarrant and Dallas County official Covid health directives. Maybe they could get away with pre-plated carry-out if they tried. Dallas County has already extended to mid-May.

Both DFW and Houston metros are hot spots by Texas standards, even if only warm spots in comparison to other places in other states, but there have been casualties. Funny thing. The same places the big airports are.
Seattle by all accounts was also a hot spot, but AS kept at least one lounge open the entire time I suppose by having pre-packaged snacks and salads....it would make more sense if all the airlines in all hubs shut down 100% of their lounges, but at least in the US, AA seems to be the outlier here.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 20, 3:07 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum Premier Elite
I suppose ATL could reopen now
Old Apr 24, 20, 4:11 pm

Programs: DL GM, AAdvantage EXECPLAT, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Just look at the DL forum.....ATL has had some sort of bar service this whole time....same with DTW and Michigan is a hot spot.

I understand the local laws preventing clubs being open like in NY but AA not having any of their clubs open whatsoever is just strange.....why canít we even just enter the club to escape the general terminal? There are so few travelers social distancing is not an issue in the lounges.

What are we paying for?
GTITAN likes this.
Old Apr 24, 20, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by AANYC1981 View Post
Just look at the DL forum.....ATL has had some sort of bar service this whole time....same with DTW and Michigan is a hot spot.

I understand the local laws preventing clubs being open like in NY but AA not having any of their clubs open whatsoever is just strange.....why canít we even just enter the club to escape the general terminal? There are so few travelers social distancing is not an issue in the lounges.

What are we paying for?
That's why many people are canceling their memberships or their Citi AA EX MCs.

Safe Travels
JDiver likes this.
Old Apr 24, 20, 5:17 pm

Programs: AGR S, SPG PLT, MAR PLT, HGP Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by GTITAN View Post
That's why many people are canceling their memberships or their Citi AA EX MCs.

Safe Travels
I get that it's $450 a year (I have this card myself), but canceling for this 2-3 months seems silly when all signs point to ongoing negotiations between AA and Citi (and DL and Amex and UA and Chase) to do something about it.
Old Apr 24, 20, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM lifetime Platinum, Expedia +gold +++
I hear TPA will be first one to reopen, followed by a new temporary club at FLL. not sure what happens after that.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: