Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Speculation: Which Admiral's Clubs should/will re-open first?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speculation: Which Admiral's Clubs should/will re-open first?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2020, 6:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Dallas might be problematic. The airport still looks like a military installation. I think that come May 3 AA could re-open in most cities other than maybe NYC. Come on, the airport isn't in lockdown and no one is social distancing at the airport and certainly not onboard. If one still fears flying they don't have to fly.
ksucats and UAPremierGuy like this.
Old Apr 25, 2020, 9:00 am
wjj

Programs: Former long time AA EXP and CK - 4 MM; Now LTPL; Hilton Diamond; UA Platinum
Originally Posted by Often1
Right now, AA has little to do with it. Nor will AA have much to do with the order in which AC's are reopened.

Most of the US is subject to various state & local emergency orders and I have yet to see one which exempts air carrier clubs as "essential."

As those restrictions are removed and as onsite liquor service is restored, AA can then make the business decision.
Chicago is under a pretty strict lock down but UA has kept one of their ORD clubs open in the B concourse. AA has 3 clubs (4 if you count the Flagship lounge) at ORD as well and could open one of them if they chose to do so. With so many non stops having been dropped and now being routed through DFW and CLT I am surprised that there is not at least one club open at each.
Old Apr 25, 2020, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead
The next 1-2 what? Weeks?
days. TX governor Abbott is announcing Monday additional openings and expected restaurants included so I hope to see an AC at DFW next week open.
LovePrunes and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old Apr 25, 2020, 10:21 am
Suspended

Crowds are returning today at least at ORD. Yes time to open the ACs again.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 6:07 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Originally Posted by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George
Crowds are returning today at least at ORD. Yes time to open the ACs again.
TSA data show only the tiniest of upticks on Friday. About 120k through checkpoints (including crew) versus more than 2 million on the same day a year ago.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George
Dallas might be problematic. The airport still looks like a military installation. I think that come May 3 AA could re-open in most cities other than maybe NYC. Come on, the airport isn't in lockdown and no one is social distancing at the airport and certainly not onboard. If one still fears flying they don't have to fly.
Yet UA has been operating a normal lounge with normal bar service at IAH all this time.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 9:07 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
It would be great if anyone traveling can pop into a club and ask those reception agents if they know of any reopen date or plan for the ACs....AA isn’t putting out much info on this or inflight service beyond 4/30
enviroian likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 12:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
It would be great if anyone traveling can pop into a club and ask those reception agents if they know of any reopen date or plan for the ACs....AA isn’t putting out much info on this or inflight service beyond 4/30
I doubt they've been told much of anything. I hoping that starting on the week of May 3 clubs begin to open but since the hysteria queens are screaming we're all going to die if we re-open business I tend to doubt it.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 3:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Glob, AA EXP, Marriott Tit
"Texas Gov. Greg Abbott is allowing his Stay at Home order issued in March to expire on Thursday and is filing a new one that will allow some businesses to reopen on Friday, May 1 as part of Phase 1 of his Open Texas plan.

During a news conference in Austin Monday afternoon, Abbott said restaurants, malls, retail stores and movie theaters can reopen on May 1 but will be limited to 25% of their capacity. Museums and libraries are included, but interactive stations and exhibits must remain closed. Within malls, the governor said all food courts, play areas and interactive displays also must remain closed."

Multiple sources reporting Abbott's Phase 1 plan. Maybe at least one DFW AC will reopen soon. Not exceeding 25% capacity shouldn't be a problem. I still expect AA to hold off as long as possible to save money but hope I am wrong. UA and DL have kept a limited number of clubs open this entire time.
bgreenwood likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by donotblink
IMO, DFW needs to be prioritized, as many people who were on non-stops are now connecting there.
"what? Why Dfw (being sarcastic) why?
Old Apr 28, 2020, 5:31 am
Suspended

Actually I think CLT will have more flights than DFW now. Either way AA needs to get at least one AC open at hubs. A couple larger stations like SFO and BOS would be nice.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
What are the agents doing in the club reception given that the clubs aren't open?
Old Apr 29, 2020, 7:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by fumje
What are the agents doing in the club reception given that the clubs aren't open?
They are helping any AC members with travel issues. Also they I believe are helping to give the ACs a deep clean.
Old May 5, 2020, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Can't believe all the DFW clubs are still closed...
Old May 5, 2020, 6:42 pm
Suspended

I don't expect ACs to open until June even maybe July 1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.