Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Speculation: Extend Status / Low Req’s / Challenges / Promos 4 Coronavirus?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speculation: Extend Status / Low Req’s / Challenges / Promos 4 Coronavirus?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2020, 1:32 pm

Programs: LH, BA, AA
Got the same ... even SQ almost never have given any freebies and so stingy on anything, if they are offering this ... that says a lot! It is hard to believe AA (or any other major airlines) don’t offer any concessions.
355F1 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 2:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: American Airlines
We all know it happens but can anyone speculate WHY AA waits for what DL does next?
GTITAN and 355F1 like this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
I’m hoping that at the very least they eliminate the EQD component for this year. With low fares likely to be here for a while, I assume that bodies in seats is the goal. With fewer people traveling, rewarding simple loyalty should be their priority (as it once used to be) with AAdvantage. I also imagine there won’t be a need to “thin the ranks” as there was a few years ago.
Spiff likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 8:35 pm

Why not fly anyway and enjoy the earned status? Wouldn’t it be nice to just fly on your status for longer, and delay having to worry about re-upping it for a bit? Whatever airline bites first is where I’ll probably stay for years afterward.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by enviroian
We all know it happens but can anyone speculate WHY AA waits for what DL does next?
We all know that too.
footballfanatic and 355F1 like this.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 8:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by GotCalcio4
I’m hoping that at the very least they eliminate the EQD component for this year. With low fares likely to be here for a while, I assume that bodies in seats is the goal. With fewer people traveling, rewarding simple loyalty should be their priority (as it once used to be) with AAdvantage. I also imagine there won’t be a need to “thin the ranks” as there was a few years ago.
I could see AA requiring for example for EXP either $15K EQDs or 150K EQMs. But again AA will likely wait for DL.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 8:24 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Based on what we think we know as of now.. it seem that air travel for a while (who knows how long) will not be the same.
Just because the authorities , lets say in a few months .. say its all good.. how many will feel ok to travel again.
Those of you , who do a ton of domestic travel.. do you see yourselves traveling like you did before this all started?
For me.. I always have earned EXP status by traveling overseas (mostly work.. some fun),
Has this year of my planned travel gone.. Yes.. the future of my travels is in major doubt

So AA , rather then being a follower.. why not lead the USA based airline pact... Do we all enjoy the perks of status.. yes, but remember we have been loyal to you..
Show us some loyalty too... do the right thing..
1. extend status for all, for a period of one year
2. For those who have already qualified, give them an option.. maybe more SWU, more 500 upgrade stickers.. etc
I am sure the marketing team at AA can come up with some nice idea's.... but than again.. why should AA do anything
Old Apr 2, 2020, 2:43 pm

At least they are deferring mileage expiration:

AAdvantage® mileage expiration paused until July 1

As a member of the AAdvantage® program, you are among our most loyal customers and we want to give you more reasons to travel with us again – when the time is right for you.
You may be thinking about how to manage your loyalty activity this year, and American is committed to supporting you to do so.
We are temporarily pausing the expiration of all miles between now and June 30. Miles that were set to expire during this time will now expire on July 1, if there is no additional activity in your account during that time period.
aztimm and 355F1 like this.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by aztimm
US has done a variety of promos in the past, from, "everything counts," to double miles on all flights, and nearly everything in between. I wouldn't put anything past them at this point.
I remember people buying flowers to top off their accounts, rather than flying, in December one year.
Yes! I just buy a flower for my sister. This is for Valentine Day. I got earned more miles from FTD. Only I can buy a flower for my sister in Las Vegas.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 2:26 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by lostfly
At least they are deferring mileage expiration:
yeah, by one whole day. Very generous 😂
Old Apr 3, 2020, 11:37 am

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
Doesn't AA troll these sites? Let's stop giving them ideas on what we'd be OK with, what we'd live with etc.
We should be suggesting the only thing we want is a year's extension like SQ and QF did.for their elites
LibertyLobbyist likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by Tim_T
yeah, by one whole day. Very generous 😂
It's three months at least, not one day. From April 1st, may be even earlier for others, to July 1st.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 5:58 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by lostfly
It's three months at least, not one day. From April 1st, may be even earlier for others, to July 1st.
its not three months “at least”, it’s three months “at most” - my miles expire 30th June, so one whole day for me
Old Apr 3, 2020, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by Tim_T
its not three months “at least”, it’s three months “at most” - my miles expire 30th June, so one whole day for me
Sorry, you didn't mention before your miles expire 30th June, did you?

At most, or at least, it depends on the exact sense. I said "at least" because unless I missed there wasn't a public announcement that states the exact dates. In my case it was a relative of mine whose miles were expiring April 1st and received the email that used the ambiguous term "between now" and June 30th. So in his case it was three months, but the start and end date might be different for others. I also guess that depending on the situation they might defer the expiration even further. That's why I said "at least".
Old Apr 3, 2020, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by BMWMOT
Doesn't AA troll these sites? Let's stop giving them ideas on what we'd be OK with, what we'd live with etc.
We should be suggesting the only thing we want is a year's extension like SQ and QF did.for their elites
I think it's imminent they'll stop domestic air travel very soon. Except for proven essential first responders. If we're throwing out wish list type of things — I'd like to see American extend status *beginning when we can resume normal business travel. Extending it now is pointless. This whole relative shut down could last weeks or (more likely) months. And it's unlikely we'll be able to resume any normal way of life until mid Summer at best.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.