Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Legacy Aircraft Still Flying in current AA Fleet?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Legacy Aircraft Still Flying in current AA Fleet?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2020, 6:31 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Admirals Club member
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
The AA Fleet Site has the most comprehensive details on everything you're asking.

https://sites.google.com/site/newamericanfleet/
I like that site and even refer to it, but I do wonder if it is maintained. The A321 Classic have been stuck on 3 reconfigs forever, and the site hasn't tweeted in 9 mos....
Old Mar 4, 2020, 6:42 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by joeyE
I like that site and even refer to it, but I do wonder if it is maintained. The A321 Classic have been stuck on 3 reconfigs forever, and the site hasn't tweeted in 9 mos....
It's updated every few months but is not always 100% updated when it is.
joeyE likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 7:09 am

Programs: AA-EXP
Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
All the planes are in the current AA livery. There are no LAA US planes left in old liveries.
Don't forget there are a few of the "heritage livery" planes that can be spotted at hubs occasionally.

https://www.usatoday.com/picture-gal...emes/75467960/

Last edited by Uzzar; Mar 4, 2020 at 7:10 am Reason: spelling
Old Mar 4, 2020, 7:36 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Uzzar
Don't forget there are a few of the "heritage livery" planes that can be spotted at hubs occasionally.

https://www.usatoday.com/picture-gal...emes/75467960/
Correct -- but those are "new livery" planes effectively.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 9:23 am

Programs: AA Dirt, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by enviroian
EA definitely had 7-5’s. I would have swore HP picked up a few.
HP flew 752s which I believe they picked up from Eastern. Did a lot of trips in those - loved climbing out of SNA in the hot rod of the sky!

I don't recall HP ever having 321s though. Just 737, 319, 320 and 757. They did have a couple of 747s for a while and proved that they ARE the fastest way to lose money!
Old Mar 4, 2020, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by FlyinMike
HP flew 752s which I believe they picked up from Eastern. Did a lot of trips in those - loved climbing out of SNA in the hot rod of the sky!

I don't recall HP ever having 321s though. Just 737, 319, 320 and 757. They did have a couple of 747s for a while and proved that they ARE the fastest way to lose money!
For HP, yes the 747 would have been a great way to lose money.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by FlyinMike

I remember flying a 321 from PHX to SAN 2007. Perhaps this was right after the US acquisition and they began using some of US’s planes.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 11:07 am

Programs: AA Dirt, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by enviroian
I remember flying a 321 from PHX to SAN 2007. Perhaps this was right after the US acquisition and they began using some of US’s planes.
Probably - the merger was in 2005.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All the planes are in the current AA livery. There are no LAA US planes left in old liveries.
Maybe not in the old liveries, but I was recently on a 32x plane which the FAs said was ex-US and that was why it didn't have any power ports. So they may be harder to visually spot perhaps, but there are some un-updated-in-some-way legacy US planes still flying around.

Last edited by sdsearch; Mar 8, 2020 at 6:47 pm Reason: correction: it was power ports they didn't have
Old Mar 5, 2020, 1:05 am
C46

Incorrect!

Ship N921NN is a 73, sporting the pre-2013 AA livery.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by C46
Incorrect!

Ship N921NN is a 73, sporting the pre-2013 AA livery.
It's in the new AA retro livery. There are no planes left in the original actual liveries of AA, US or HP. The previous post referenced being able to see "old planes" about to be retired in CLT. There is no way to tell "old planes" by the liveries given all are in the new liveries, including the retro AA, PSA, Piedmont, TWA, etc. liveries.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Maybe not in the old liveries, but I was recently on a 32x plane which the FAs said was ex-US and that was why it didn't have WiFi. So they may be harder to visually spot perhaps, but there are some un-updated-in-some-way legacy US planes still flying around.
All LUS planes have Wifi except 5 757s. There are no LUS Airbus planes without Wifi.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 5:39 am

Programs: AA EP
All LUS planes have Wifi except 5 757s. There are no LUS Airbus planes without Wifi.
Right. Maybe the poster meant without power?
Old Mar 5, 2020, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by la2clt
Right. Maybe the poster meant without power?
That could be, although there are now several with power and more coming. All of the LUS A319s have power and most of the LUS A320s. LUS A321s are being done now.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 7:32 am
C46

It's in the new AA retro livery. There are no planes left in the original actual liveries of AA, US or HP. The previous post referenced being able to see "old planes" about to be retired in CLT. There is no way to tell "old planes" by the liveries given all are in the new liveries, including the retro AA, PSA, Piedmont, TWA, etc. liveries.
https://m.planespotters.net/photo/10...eing-737-823wl

Picture taken in JAN20 - I do not see any part of the new livery on there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.