Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Tests Pay Flagship First Dining @ DFW for CK, EXP Fs Lounge Eligible Pax: $150

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: On a day I’m flying and accessing Flagship Lounge, to access Flagship First Dining,
I’d be willing to pay $150
2.79%
I’d be willing to pay $100
5.57%
I’d be willing to pay $75
6.97%
I’d be willing to pay $50
32.06%
I’m not interested in paying for FFD access
52.61%
Voters: 287. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
American is trialing offering AA Concierge Key and Executive Platinum passengers eligible for Flagship Lounge access the opportunity to access Flagship First Dining for $150 at DFW (only). The trial period began early February and at that time was expected to last 90 days. NOTE: Mid-February price was adjudged to $100.

Rules: To be eligible for this offer, the passenger must be AA Concierge Key or Executive Platinum with access to Flagship Lounge by virtue of status or class of service and qualifying international or transcontinental flight(s) that day. The fee to add Flagship First Dining to your DFW Flagship Lounge experience is $150 per eligible person. (Unofficial sources)

American spokeswoman Gianna Urgo said:
“..we are testing an option to expand access to a broader audience of customers who are eligible for Flagship Lounge access but not Flagship First Dining. ConciergeKey and Executive Platinum customers traveling on American on long-haul international and eligible transcontinental flights will have the option to purchase access to the DFW Flagship First Dining facility for $150 per person. We will determine future plans upon completion of the test, which will last approximately 3 months.”

https://thepointsguy.com/news/americ...agship-dining/
I’m saying “might” because this is a three-month test by American Airlines, is only available to ConciergeKey and Executive Platinum members, and only at DFW.

If you meet all of the above and already have an itinerary which grants you access to the Flagship Lounge you can pay for Flagship First Dining during this test.

The price? $150 per person. Andy’s Travel Blog
Are you willing to pay that? Would you be willing to pay something less? Check the poll, and share your remarks and suggestions, please.

Print Wikipost

AA Tests Pay Flagship First Dining @ DFW for CK, EXP Fs Lounge Eligible Pax: $150

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2020, 5:42 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

Original post body text moved to Wikipost.

American is exploring and trialing offering Concierge Key and Executive Platinum passengers already eligible for Flagship Lounge access the opportunity to access Flagship First Dining for $150 at DFW.

American spokeswoman Gianna Urgo said:
“..we are testing an option to expand access to a broader audience of customers who are eligible for Flagship Lounge access but not Flagship First Dining. ConciergeKey and Executive Platinum customers traveling on American on long-haul international and eligible transcontinental flights will have the option to purchase access to the DFW Flagship First Dining facility for $150 per person. We will determine future plans upon completion of the test, which will last approximately 3 months.”

https://thepointsguy.com/news/americ...agship-dining/
I’m saying “might” because this is a three-month test by American Airlines, is only available to ConciergeKey and Executive Platinum members, and only at DFW.

If you meet all of the above and already have an itinerary which grants you access to the Flagship Lounge you can pay for Flagship First Dining during this test.

The price? $150 per person. Andy’s Travel Blog

Are you willing to pay that? Would you be willing to pay something less? Check the poll, and share your remarks and suggestions, please.

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 12, 2020 at 9:40 am Reason: Add
Old Feb 11, 2020, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
$150 per person would pay for a rather nice dinner somewhere (anywhere) else. Is the Flagship First Dining food really that good? I'm skeptical.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 6:16 pm

$150 per person?!?! Are they serious? Or some people have much bigger meal allowances on their expense accounts than I do.
writerguyfl and Zacnlinc like this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 6:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Particularly when the $150 is for FFD, not FL access. Thus, one must already have FL access before one could pay the $150. Seems hugely excessive for what it is unless one manages to drink an entire bottle of Krug.

Nonetheless, there are all kinds of people who will pay that and AA doesn't need or want any significant number of people as the dining space isn't that large.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 6:29 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Now, if they would throw in a massage (more than the 10 to 15 minute ones at The Pier FC or QF SYD FC though that one is nice,) I might consider it. Nah, the food was good but not that good.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA 1MM
I would not pay that when I have a decent meal already coming.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 8:18 pm

Programs: OW Emerald
It would be helpful to have a "less than $50" option rather than not at all. I wouldn't pay $50 but may be more interested than "not at all"
littlefish and joeyE like this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 8:19 pm

Programs: OW Emerald
Originally Posted by tikchik
I would not pay that when I have a decent meal already coming.
I guess you mostly use the club when not flying AA. Or you're talking about after arrival at your destination?
LINDEGR and IAHtraveler like this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:30 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
I might consider it if I have about 3 hours to kill and can have 3 courses and a whole bottle of krug to myself.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:45 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Two months ago I paid $650 (if I remember) for Five Star Select service in LAX which included Flagship lounge access, Flagship Dining and a car ride to the "Eagles Nest" to catch my American Eagle Business Class flight to YVR!
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA PPro
While I dont' like the $$, I do think it is fair. I have once in Dallas and had a great glass of krug and one of the best steaks even. Toss in a glass or two of wine and the value was probably $75. I think $150 is to keep the riff raff out..
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tfizzle
While I dont' like the $$, I do think it is fair. I have once in Dallas and had a great glass of krug and one of the best steaks even. Toss in a glass or two of wine and the value was probably $75. I think $150 is to keep the riff raff out..
Money doesn't buy taste. There's plenty of well to do riff raff
Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:59 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by jridge
I guess you mostly use the club when not flying AA. Or you're talking about after arrival at your destination?
Tbf FL is only for long haul flights, and if I'm flying across the Pacific, I'm not going to be on a US based carrier if I can help it.
jhalapin and seigex like this.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 12:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
I think this is fabulous. Of course, I easily consume 3 or 4 of the generous pours of Krug, so that's what I would be paying for. Get rid of the Krug and I wouldn't pay more than $50, and then only if I had an unavoidable layover. The food is good but it hasn't been outstanding recently. (I am overdue to post some reviews on the threads.)
chitink likes this.

Last edited by platbrownguy; Feb 12, 2020 at 11:16 am
Old Feb 12, 2020, 12:22 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by jridge
Unless one is flying AA or partner the same day, nobody’s getting Club access — not even members.
Often1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.