Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Tests Pay Flagship First Dining @ DFW for CK, EXP Fs Lounge Eligible Pax: $150

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: On a day I’m flying and accessing Flagship Lounge, to access Flagship First Dining,
I’d be willing to pay $150
2.79%
I’d be willing to pay $100
5.57%
I’d be willing to pay $75
6.97%
I’d be willing to pay $50
32.06%
I’m not interested in paying for FFD access
52.61%
Voters: 287. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
American is trialing offering AA Concierge Key and Executive Platinum passengers eligible for Flagship Lounge access the opportunity to access Flagship First Dining for $150 at DFW (only). The trial period began early February and at that time was expected to last 90 days. NOTE: Mid-February price was adjudged to $100.

Rules: To be eligible for this offer, the passenger must be AA Concierge Key or Executive Platinum with access to Flagship Lounge by virtue of status or class of service and qualifying international or transcontinental flight(s) that day. The fee to add Flagship First Dining to your DFW Flagship Lounge experience is $150 per eligible person. (Unofficial sources)

American spokeswoman Gianna Urgo said:
“..we are testing an option to expand access to a broader audience of customers who are eligible for Flagship Lounge access but not Flagship First Dining. ConciergeKey and Executive Platinum customers traveling on American on long-haul international and eligible transcontinental flights will have the option to purchase access to the DFW Flagship First Dining facility for $150 per person. We will determine future plans upon completion of the test, which will last approximately 3 months.”

https://thepointsguy.com/news/americ...agship-dining/
I’m saying “might” because this is a three-month test by American Airlines, is only available to ConciergeKey and Executive Platinum members, and only at DFW.

If you meet all of the above and already have an itinerary which grants you access to the Flagship Lounge you can pay for Flagship First Dining during this test.

The price? $150 per person. Andy’s Travel Blog
Are you willing to pay that? Would you be willing to pay something less? Check the poll, and share your remarks and suggestions, please.

Print Wikipost

AA Tests Pay Flagship First Dining @ DFW for CK, EXP Fs Lounge Eligible Pax: $150

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2020, 12:53 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Originally Posted by JDiver
Unless one is flying AA or partner the same day, nobody’s getting Club access — not even members.
Too subtle, apparently.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 1:11 am

I'd happily pay $150 - unless FD was full of riff raff who got access by paying $150.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 3:08 am

I think this will do well to fill dining at times where FFD is mostly empty. I suspect there are a lot of expense account passengers who when presented at check in with "Mr/Ms. XYZ, I see you have a 3-hour layover. Would you like to enjoy our world-class FFD for only $150?" who will say yes.

My concern is... can they keep up if the room is full. Seems that the FFD's struggle with basic service at times even when mostly empty, so if they do this they need to staff properly to ensure a high-quality experience.
BlatheringPenguin likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 4:05 am

If it’s full of people, then no reason to fly F over J for this flyer.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 4:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond for Life
I just can’t reconcile paying a flat fee, at that rate, for a meal. Especially when you consider alcohol is already free when you walk into the club.

I can go to any city in the U.S. and have a VERY good steak for around $50. Add another $10 for a potato and most places throw in the bread for free.

$150 flat for an airport meal is a rip off to me. (And no, I have never experienced FFD, so I admit there may be something to this food that I am missing out on.)
littlefish likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 5:40 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I can't ever see myself paying $150 for a meal anywhere. I'll eat the free swill and save the $150 for something better like towards upgrading one of my domestic flights to F.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 6:08 am

Programs: AA EXP 6MM Marriott Titanium
Typical US Air clueless management test. There are some great restaurants at DFW for half that price. Sad what’s happened to a once great airline....this from 7 year CK member who still flies AA on occasion.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 6:40 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I have no doubt that this scheme will work quite well. Bear in mind that FFD is open only to AA passengers flying in F (BA F in some limited circumstances). This leaves a whole host of non-AA passengers eyeing the FFD enviously and those with cash to throw around (whether theirs or their employer's) won't hesitate to give it a fling.

Whether it represents value is rarely the question.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 6:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond for Life
I just don’t know. Maybe I’m lowbrow. Never had a glass of Krug, and I really am not a huge fan of bubbly.

To each his own... maybe some will get true value out of this, so I don’t mean to knock anyone. I just think: “$150 all you can eat buffet!”
Old Feb 12, 2020, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by Beachfun71
I I can go to any city in the U.S. and have a VERY good steak for around $50.... $150 flat for an airport meal is a rip off to me.
On the rare occasions when I pay $150 out of pocket for dinner, I'm not eating airline food.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:31 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, HH Gold, National Exec
The only way $150 is even close to worth it is if you planned on finishing off a bottle of Krug by yourself. Now if I could expense it sure.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:43 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Not worth it, even with the Krug (which is ridiculously overpriced, and on this forum, overvalued, IMO of course).
TheDudeAbides likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:03 am

It would be smarter to offer that deal to DL and UA elites and give them club access in DFW.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
I'd happily pay $150 - unless FD was full of riff raff who got access by paying $150.
"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." --Groucho Marx
GTITAN likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:09 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Whatever AA.. make it $150 for the entire trial period. you might get more passengers interested.
As it is.. I , again only speaking for myself, after quite a few visits, hoping for improvement, find the Flag ship lounge.. under par
Sorry food is always cold, it never seems to change, beer selection is useless... and the hard stuff is on the low scale of taste..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.