Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

FA Thank you notes: pax trashed several. Worth it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FA Thank you notes: pax trashed several. Worth it?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2020, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA EXP
I woke up to a note after a redeye from the west coast into PHL (attached), and I loved that personal touch. Obviously, I didn't sleep much on this flight and, probably because of this note, I still remember the friendly and excellent service.

Old Feb 6, 2020, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyinggum
why only for first class passengers?
Those were the customers I interacted with the most. I didn't have enough time to write personalized notes to the rest of the 200 pax on the 787, sorry.
JDiver and deeruck like this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 1:12 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
H*** YES!

Dear Skylady,

This “sits” on my desk, and so I think you should keep it up!

Most PAX, are Philistines (Look it up,). At least you know how to read a clock, tie your shoes, and are able to both print AND write in cursive.🙀

Keep up the Great work!
JDiver and GrumpyYoungMan like this.

Last edited by Dallas49er; Feb 6, 2020 at 3:06 pm
Old Feb 6, 2020, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA Plt Pro, UA Silver, DL, QF; HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
I think it's a very nice touch. It's probably not appreciated by all, but I would imagine most at least appreciate the sentiment, even if they leave the note behind in this world of bursting at the seams carry-ons.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
I'd appreciate it.

But I'd still throw it away afterward...

I do not see this as a contradiction...
​​
Old Feb 6, 2020, 1:51 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Dallas49er

This “sits” on my desk, and so I think you should keep it up!

Most PAX, are Philistines (Look it up,). At least you know how to read clock, tie your shoes, and are able to both print AND write in cursive.🙀

Keep up the Great work!
Looks like our notes came from the same FA judging from the handwriting and heart??
Old Feb 6, 2020, 1:57 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Silver, Hertz PC
I received one once. In addition to the personalized "thank you," the FA also included my connecting information. I thought that was such a nice gesture. I put it into my purse and kept it for a while, I appreciated it and it made me smile.
JDiver likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
I appreciate it. Got one once. Threw it in my laptop bag and tossed it when I got home. I'm just not super sentimental and don't keep a ton of stuff like this. That being said, I made a point to at least bring it off the plane.
deeruck and tanglin like this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 2:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I'm presumable the FAs would expect that most paxs would probably discard it but not on the a/c floor. As far as writing notes to the entire plane. If you are willing to give up the beverage service in Y then presumably FAs would have the time to sit in the galley and write 150+ thank you notes.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 2:38 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Gold, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
The message was received and likely appreciated. The paper is just a way of conveying the message, so it's not really necessary anymore. Try not to feel sad--you put a lot of good karma out there with your kindness.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 2:40 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
When I've flown DL in Delta 1 intl I've found a "thank you" note on my ledge upon boarding the plane, I asked in DL-FT whether the notes were handwritten or computer generated...they looked too neat , The notes shown "above" definitely look handwritten.
PS: In 6 years as an EXP I've never gotten a tyn.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA, B6, DL, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Hilton, National
Have received these twice. Both times they came home with me. I remember when the first one was delivered, passenger across the aisle from me was actually touched by it. He said to the FA, “2 million miles, and this is a first”. Being nice never goes out of style.
aztimm and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ridepow
Looks like our notes came from the same FA judging from the handwriting and heart??
Haha, so AA clearly needs more Elizabeths and less Helens.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 2:51 pm

Maybe I'm a rube but what exactly are you supposed to do with notes and cards? Is there a rule to how long you're supposed to keep one? It is the same conundrum as cards received during a holiday. You can appreciate the message but what do you do with it? Is there an amount of time you need to wait before trashing it? Are they supposed to be stored forever?
Old Feb 6, 2020, 3:05 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
I have appreciated receiving mine. I won't pretend it's making its way to my mantle at home, but the effort is appreciated by many of us including myself. Same with FA's that make the effort to check the manifest when greeting me in J/F. "Hello Mr. Gig103 I see you have selected the beef" is a nice touch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.